New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

On1 Raw No Noise AI

Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · On1 Raw No Noise AI

I went ahead and purchased....the results are just stellar, and seem to require far less tweaking than I needed to do in Topaz.

Note to any interested, the promo code NIKONRUMORS will give you 20% off, putting the total after tax to just around $50.

Jul 11, 2021 at 03:30 PM
armd
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · On1 Raw No Noise AI

Matt K will save you around 30%

Save 30% with coupon code: MattKON1

I can't wait until this is integrated into PR, in the meantime, I'll use my Topaz.

Jul 11, 2021 at 06:21 PM
Maxxus46
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · On1 Raw No Noise AI

Just tested against Deep prime and found that On1 does apply more sharpening. I also find the Deep prime still has better color fidelity and control into shadows. That said I do find On1s speed excellent. Maybe they will improve further with time but the software will have to produce better results than DP as I already own photoLab 4 elite.

Jman13 wrote:
I went ahead and purchased....the results are just stellar, and seem to require far less tweaking than I needed to do in Topaz.

Note to any interested, the promo code NIKONRUMORS will give you 20% off, putting the total after tax to just around $50.

Jul 11, 2021 at 06:23 PM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · On1 Raw No Noise AI

This code gives you 50% off: NN50PLUS

Jul 11, 2021 at 07:08 PM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · On1 Raw No Noise AI

I bought ON1 NoNoise with the 50% discount.

Right away I encountered two issues when I run it as a plugin in Photoshop CC via ACR (or LR).

First it says that this is a non-RAW photo when I open a RAW file in Photoshop. Then after processing it dramatically changes colour (the right side has gone reddish in the second image). I think this means the original Colour profile is not preserved. Attaching both images. Likely there's a simple fix.

Jul 11, 2021 at 07:53 PM
jrhoffman75
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · On1 Raw No Noise AI

Rajan Parrikar wrote:

Right away I encountered two issues when I run it as a plugin in Photoshop CC via ACR (or LR).

First it says that this is a non-RAW photo when I open a RAW file in Photoshop. Then after processing it dramatically changes colour (the right side has gone reddish in the second image). I think this means the original Colour profile is not preserved. Attaching both images. Likely there's a simple fix.

Iím not 100% sure of this, but I believe when you use the plugin the file is converted to a TIFF before it is sent to the app. I think if you select the Filter dropdown there is an option to send the RAW file to On1.

Iím not a Ps user, but I saw this in one of the YouTube reviews. Maybe Anthony Morganti.

Jul 12, 2021 at 06:52 AM
Zenon Char
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · On1 Raw No Noise AI

Rajan Parrikar wrote:
Zenon,

Thanks for the DxO test. When it sends the dng back to ACR or LR, it does not pass on the original Colour profile (if you have a custom camera profile made). That may account for the shift. I have to manually set the profile to match the camera from the dropdown menu.

I am very impressed with the DeepPrime tech. Sometimes the DxOPureRAW will tend to oversharpen. However, you can opt out of the lens correction and only have it do the noise reduction. Another option is to use DxO Photolab where there is far more control.

People have been sending support tickets for various glitches which is normal for a new release. If DXO can send a DNG back and still have access to colour profiles can others do this? I donít know about the tech when it comes to that. Donít know if anyone asked ON1 about that. I may get on the ON1 forums and ask.

Jul 12, 2021 at 09:23 AM
Zenon Char
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · On1 Raw No Noise AI

I guess you can take this with a grain of salt.

Jul 12, 2021 at 10:26 AM
Zenon Char
• • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · On1 Raw No Noise AI

Zenon Char wrote:
With DXO you can still select a colour profile. You can't using NoNoise as far as I can see. NoNoise does allow you to import with LR settings so if you pre-select a profile it should honour it. I'll test for that.

I noticed that the colour profile I sent from LR to NN and did not retain. Page 11 of the NN documentation.

Clicking OK will send the image to NoNoise AI in the chosen format. When you have finished with your processing, click Done. NoNoise will then apply all of the edits, save the file in the format youíve chosen, and return you to Lightroom. If you have added settings in Lightroom to the original photos, those edits will not appear automatically in the new DNG file. You can use Lightroomís Copy and Paste Settings options or Sync settings to apply the edited imageís settings to the NoNoise-processed DNG.

Jul 13, 2021 at 11:35 AM
k-h.a.w
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · On1 Raw No Noise AI

Is there a native Apple Silicon M1 version?

Thanks, K-H.

Jul 13, 2021 at 05:12 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

gbinoz
• •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · On1 Raw No Noise AI

If you want to keep the file in the catalogue, you must use the "Edit with" command, but that forces you into exporting a tif, PSD, or jpg, and No Noise is optimized for raw files.
I tried a comparison using Topaz Denoise(exported as 16bit tiff), NoNoise(16-bit tiff) and NoNoise on the original using the raw file.

The drop down list that appears after you select "Edit With/On1 NoNoise" in C1 also has dng as an option not just tif, PSD, or jpg.
?

I'm trying the On1 demo but I get a plugin fail message with all file type options.

Good news is that On1 dngs back in C1 show none of the huge color shifts that Topaz dngs show back in C1.

Edited on Jul 14, 2021 at 07:33 AM · View previous versions

Jul 14, 2021 at 06:54 AM
gbinoz
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · On1 Raw No Noise AI

Rajan Parrikar wrote:
This code gives you 50% off: NN50PLUS

Thanks, couldn't resist, just bought it.

Jul 14, 2021 at 07:30 AM
k-h.a.w
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · On1 Raw No Noise AI

Rajan Parrikar wrote:

---------------------------------------------

gbinoz wrote:
Thanks, couldn't resist, just bought it.

Thanks to both of you. I tick advantage of the 50% discount.
So far I had been using an old free version of Nik from Google.
It served me well. But ON1 noise reduction is better,
in particular when opening the raw file with ON1 directly.
I then finished editing in Capture One 21.

Sony ILCE-1 + FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS @ 200 mm, f/5.6, 1/2000 s, ISO 2500.

K-H.

Jul 14, 2021 at 02:20 PM
Zenon Char
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · On1 Raw No Noise AI

Then Topaz sneaks in version 3.2 that improves colour preservation.

Original - Color Fidelity - Canon Standard

Canon EOS R5    RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x lens    700mm    f/10.0    1/1250s    16000 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Denoise

Canon EOS R5    RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x lens    700mm    f/10.0    1/1250s    16000 ISO    +0.3 EV  

NoNoise

Jul 15, 2021 at 12:46 PM
Zenon Char
• • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · On1 Raw No Noise AI

Detail test of latest Denoise version compared to NN

From this area

Denoise

NoNoise

Jul 15, 2021 at 03:11 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · On1 Raw No Noise AI

The Denoise seems to have done a better job here...but there is some residual cyan colouring in the dogs fur...

Jul 15, 2021 at 04:41 PM
armd
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · On1 Raw No Noise AI

Zenon Char wrote:
Then Topaz sneaks in version 3.2 that improves colour preservation.

This appears to be a heavily cropped photo and I'm not sure whether you used default settings or tried to tweak both software? Anyhow, to me the rendering in NoNoise appears more natural in gradation and texture. The Topaz has more saturated color and is sharper. Overall, I would prefer to use the NoNoise image as a starting point for further PP.

Jul 16, 2021 at 03:14 PM
Zenon Char
• • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · On1 Raw No Noise AI

armd wrote:
This appears to be a heavily cropped photo and I'm not sure whether you used default settings or tried to tweak both software? Anyhow, to me the rendering in NoNoise appears more natural in gradation and texture. The Topaz has more saturated color and is sharper. Overall, I would prefer to use the NoNoise image as a starting point for further PP.

I used Auto for both just to see what they do. I have not experimented with either. The original.

Jul 16, 2021 at 04:14 PM
gbinoz
• •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · On1 Raw No Noise AI

Bought NoNoise without even realizing it has some impressive layer/masking features.

Found this YT video:

Jul 17, 2021 at 01:20 AM
armd
• • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · On1 Raw No Noise AI

Yes, it does and the masking is much more sophisticated than DeNoise AI. While Topaz does a "good enough" job at masking, it becomes unwieldy if one wants to apply selective sharpening unless one employs layers in PS. Also, it has some built in retouch tools.

Jul 17, 2021 at 08:21 AM
       3       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password