end

Cone Flower

keepclicking
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Cone Flower

klb170 wrote:
Wow, great shot. Looks trippy!

Thank you and was looking forward to flowers this year but the plant didn't survive. So bummed
---------------------------------------------

gregfountain wrote:
Hard to tell if this is shot indoors or out, but focus stacking benefits from absolutely no movement. My personal preference for this type of shot is to bring it indoors, set it on top a a shot glass, using a diffused window as a light source (and white foam board as fill), then get the camera overhead looking straight down. In this case PS stacking works perfectly.

That said it's a nice shot, but as others mentioned, more symmetry would be beneficial here....

Cheer,

Greg

Greg, thank you. This flower was in a pot that was placed under my covered patio. So, I went back and looked at my images and noticed that I did shoot the full flower. But during Focus stacking in PS, this was the composition that I came away with. Something was not stacking up correctly at the top. Hence, I just cropped it. I will keep your suggestion in mind for my next round of macro flower shots.

Jun 08, 2022 at 12:36 PM
keepclicking
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Cone Flower

Peter Figen wrote:
Parul - Great first attempt at this type of photography. At this size Ps seems to have worked okay for the stacking but how does it look upon close examination of the full rez file at 100 percent viewing? I've never had anywhere close to an acceptable result using Ps to stack, but I use Zerene and Helicon extensively, usually hitting Helicon first and using Mode C. On many images I'll run them through both programs to see which one does a better job as you never can tell in advance which one might work better. If you're going
...Show more

Thanks Peter, as always, I appreciate your guidance and suggestions. When you do these type of photos, do you shoot raw or jpg format? I had used raw files. I will check out Helicon to see if they have a deal. Now that I retired as of this month, I will have time to learn and improve upon my ps skills. I will hit you up if I have any questions.
thanks and hope all is well on your end. Take care

Jun 08, 2022 at 12:39 PM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Cone Flower

keepclicking wrote:
Greg, thank you. This flower was in a pot that was placed under my covered patio.

My experience is that in a greenhouse, with the door open on a hot day, there is a surprising amount of air movement which can move delicate subjects during daylight exposures.

Harold

Jun 08, 2022 at 01:00 PM
fotomat123

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Cone Flower

Very nice...upon close inspection I can see where PS isn't up to the other two stacking programs but the option to clean it up using PS is there. How many images in the stack?? Describe your method? Thanks

Jun 16, 2022 at 06:24 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Cone Flower

keepclicking wrote:
Thanks Peter, as always, I appreciate your guidance and suggestions. When you do these type of photos, do you shoot raw or jpg format? I had used raw files. I will check out Helicon to see if they have a deal. Now that I retired as of this month, I will have time to learn and improve upon my ps skills. I will hit you up if I have any questions.
thanks and hope all is well on your end. Take care

Parul - I ONLY shoot raw and raw only. Some people I know shoot raw+jpeg and used the jpegs for culling but I never saw the point in that. Just way more files to have to delete, and if you switch to just jpeg temporarily, you will forget to switch back and end up shooting jpegs when you meant to shoot raw. It happens.

Jun 17, 2022 at 03:17 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Cone Flower

Peter Figen wrote:
Parul - I ONLY shoot raw and raw only. Some people I know shoot raw+jpeg and used the jpegs for culling but I never saw the point in that. Just way more files to have to delete, and if you switch to just jpeg temporarily, you will forget to switch back and end up shooting jpegs when you meant to shoot raw. It happens.

Absolutely my policy too. If I want to let someone know how a large set has turned out I open up and save as JPEGs and send them unprocessed.

I convert my RAW files to TIFFs and process and re-size them.

The only problem with RAW is that not all post-processing software can read them.

Harold

Jun 17, 2022 at 04:17 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Cone Flower

"The only problem with RAW is that not all post-processing software can read them."

So what. All that matters is that your raw software of choice and your cataloging program can read them.

Jun 17, 2022 at 10:28 AM
       end

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password