Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       3              46       47       end
  

Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)

  
 
TeamSpeed
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)


I am glad we have a Canon insider here to set us straight!


Jun 28, 2021 at 08:04 AM
RKnecht
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)


Looking forward to seeing some high ISO (12,800-25,500) images from this camera when it starts hitting our hands. It may be time for me to retire my D5 and go 100% mirrorless.


Jun 28, 2021 at 08:05 AM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)


CR Update this morning....may not be the full announcement and just another tease in a long line of teases with a few added details...

"Update: Iím getting mixed information as to whether or not it will be an official announcement tomorrow or just more information about the Canon EOS R3."

If so, this will be pre-announcement #3....I believe the R5 had 3 pre-announcements also before the official one with full details, price, release date etc.



Jun 28, 2021 at 10:35 AM
robert614
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)




arbitrage wrote:
CR Update this morning....may not be the full announcement and just another tease in a long line of teases with a few added details...

"Update: Iím getting mixed information as to whether or not it will be an official announcement tomorrow or just more information about the Canon EOS R3."

If so, this will be pre-announcement #3....I believe the R5 had 3 pre-announcements also before the official one with full details, price, release date etc.


I hope itís not another pre-announcement.

Thereís a fine line between building excitement around a product launch. And milking it so much the actual product canít live up to the hype.



Jun 28, 2021 at 10:41 AM
nycdarkness
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)


All preannouncements scream to me is HEY HEY LOOK AT US, we are doing stuff too. Do not look at our competition. There has been enough teasing with the R3, specs and price and date already.


Jun 28, 2021 at 11:11 AM
CelesteForza
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)


They will announce tomorrow that they will fully announce the R3 at a later date.


Jun 28, 2021 at 12:05 PM
Ray Swindle
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)


CelesteForza wrote:
They will announce tomorrow that they will fully announce the R3 at a later date.





Jun 28, 2021 at 12:33 PM
nycdarkness
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)


https://www.canonrumors.com/i-may-have-been-wrong-about-the-eos-r3-official-announcement-date/


lol



Jun 28, 2021 at 12:41 PM
johnbro27
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)


nycdarkness wrote:
All preannouncements scream to me is HEY HEY LOOK AT US, we are doing stuff too. Do not look at our competition. There has been enough teasing with the R3, specs and price and date already.


That's certainly true, but it's also true that it gives larger buyers information that might cause them to hold off on either a competitive platform adoption or even get people to consider switching. Since Japan is clearly going to go ahead with the Olympics, it might be that some massive organizations were considering switching away from the 1D Mark III for Sony and Canon wanted to cut that off.



Jun 28, 2021 at 02:49 PM
curious80
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)


johnbro27 wrote:
That's certainly true, but it's also true that it gives larger buyers information that might cause them to hold off on either a competitive platform adoption or even get people to consider switching. Since Japan is clearly going to go ahead with the Olympics, it might be that some massive organizations were considering switching away from the 1D Mark III for Sony and Canon wanted to cut that off.


A professional organization will not take a brand new camera for Olympics unless they have already tested it extensively. If some large organizations are going to use R3 at olympics then likely they have already been working with Canon for quite some time testing early prototypes of the camera, giving their feedback , requesting updates etc. These announcements are for the rest of us.



Jun 28, 2021 at 04:09 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

bobbytan
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)


Tomorrow is almost here. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

CelesteForza wrote:
They will announce tomorrow that they will fully announce the R3 at a later date.





Jun 28, 2021 at 04:36 PM
leewoolery
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)


Well...I sold off all of my Canon DSLR gear (before it devalued anymore) last week in hopes this camera would be ready by fall.

Guess not...so I will be using my Nikon cameras and lenses for the time being.

Maybe the Z9 will beat the R3 to the market.

No big deal 'cause I just lost $1700 on a perfectly good XIII and will just reboot when one or the other camera will be ready.

Either way...clients are expecting quality action photos whether it is taken with mirrorless or DSLR.



Jun 28, 2021 at 04:41 PM
Thang
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)


or maybe just maybe after canon saw the "sh*tty" product "Z fc" nikon going to announce, there is no need to upstage it with R3. Save it for the Z9.


Jun 28, 2021 at 05:24 PM
bobbytan
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)


Canon is not too worried about the competition after their very successful launch of the R5 and R6. The R3 is aimed at pro sports photographers and probably wildlife photographers too. The R1 will be better suited for landscape and advertising/commercial photography i.e. competing with the medium format MILCs.

Thang wrote:
or maybe just maybe after canon saw the "sh*tty" product "Z fc" nikon going to announce, there is no need to upstage it with R3. Save it for the Z9.





Jun 28, 2021 at 05:51 PM
robert614
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)


Canon officially announced the RF 14-35f4 L. But nothing about R3. ☹️


Jun 29, 2021 at 12:20 AM
Pixel Perfect
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)


bobbytan wrote:
Canon is not too worried about the competition after their very successful launch of the R5 and R6. The R3 is aimed at pro sports photographers and probably wildlife photographers too. The R1 will be better suited for landscape and advertising/commercial photography i.e. competing with the medium format MILCs.



Wildlifer's would certainly be a lot happier with more than 30MP.



Jun 29, 2021 at 12:48 AM
Pixel Perfect
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)


JRobertson wrote:
Seeing as how your comparison, that I quoted, compared it to the 20mp sensor of the 1Dx3....my retort is accurate ;-)


Well I'm sure you think so!



Jun 29, 2021 at 12:53 AM
nycdarkness
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)


Pixel Perfect wrote:
Wildlifer's would certainly be a lot happier with more than 30MP.


No the solution to that is just get a 600 f4 and a teleconverter if you need it, apparently from posts I've seen. High MP is great to me when you need to crop a lot. Spending 15 grand on a lens is one thing, carrying it around is another. I live in Manhattan, if I went to central park with a 600 f4 to shoot birds, I would be leaving the park 10 lbs lighter thanks to the helpings of others.



Jun 29, 2021 at 07:49 AM
rdcny
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)


plenty of folks use all sorts of long lenses to shoot birds with in Central Park...that is not the sort of lens muggers want (600 F4) - too big to run off with. I have been shooting in the park since the mid- to late 1980s - no problems. The big crime days (especially in "Mugger's Woods") were the 1970s to mid-1980s...but binoculars were the target back then - smaller and one could run off fast with them. Smart birders put grey duct tape over the brand name of their bins - muggers were brand aware...and back then not many birders ventured above 96th street...these days bird photographers are in the park every night chronicling the life of a Barred Owl that arrived October 2020.

Replying to: "No the solution to that is just get a 600 f4 and a teleconverter if you need it, apparently from posts I've seen. High MP is great to me when you need to crop a lot. Spending 15 grand on a lens is one thing, carrying it around is another. I live in Manhattan, if I went to central park with a 600 f4 to shoot birds, I would be leaving the park 10 lbs lighter thanks to the helpings of others."


Edited on Jun 29, 2021 at 05:45 PM · View previous versions



Jun 29, 2021 at 08:11 AM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Pre-order: Canon EOS R3 ($5,999)


Even though CR was wrong about this, I'm sure this has to be coming very soon given the number of these popping up in the wild. I can't imagine Canon would enter the Olympics without the full announcement happening.


Jun 29, 2021 at 08:23 AM
1      
2
       3              46       47       end






FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       3              46       47       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password