Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2021 · Couple photo shoot done in Dubai.

Adam-es

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Couple photo shoot done in Dubai.

Couple photo shoot done in Dubai. A month before the pandemic started. Those were good times!

https://www.schmitzfotografia.com.br/portfolio/pre-wedding/820812-ensaio-noivos-cristiano-e-deborah-destination-wedding-dubai-fotografo-casamento-espirito-santo-schmitz-fotografia

Apr 23, 2021 at 07:03 PM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Couple photo shoot done in Dubai.

hey ... look what I can do with my iPhone.
wait... that my be an insult to the iPhone.

Not to be all downer about these... but outside of maybe 2 or 3 images.... not much for creativity.
Lack of flash shows blown out sky-line ... really. .....in a city like this.

Why not setup city landscape shots and then add the couple.
Did not see much of the couples faces.....

Apr 23, 2021 at 10:03 PM
mariadesuja

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Couple photo shoot done in Dubai.

Superb pictures of a beautiful couple in dubai.

May 03, 2021 at 05:11 AM
gheller
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Couple photo shoot done in Dubai.

Ziffl3 wrote:
hey ... look what I can do with my iPhone.
wait... that my be an insult to the iPhone.

Not to be all downer about these... but outside of maybe 2 or 3 images.... not much for creativity.
Lack of flash shows blown out sky-line ... really. .....in a city like this.

Why not setup city landscape shots and then add the couple.
Did not see much of the couples faces.....

Dude... I think you may have a screwed up computer that took you to the wrong site when you clicked the OP's link...

NOTHING of what you said is an accurate depiction of what the images on the link show.

Maybe try clicking again?

Any, beautiful set - I am sure they love the images.

g

May 03, 2021 at 07:44 PM
NickJL

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Couple photo shoot done in Dubai.

Great set of photos!

May 04, 2021 at 03:57 AM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Couple photo shoot done in Dubai.

gheller wrote:
Dude... I think you may have a screwed up computer that took you to the wrong site when you clicked the OP's link...

NOTHING of what you said is an accurate depiction of what the images on the link show.

Maybe try clicking again?

Any, beautiful set - I am sure they love the images.

g

so it is a link taking me to see a couple with a huge flower arch-tunnel.

Then my thoughts stand.
If you want to be impressed ... cool. enjoy being average.
Just because these are taken in a location people in the US or the America's/Europe would travel too is not an excuse.

Me... not really impressed. I see a missed opportunity.
Wait... we are supposed to tell everybody they are great.

Lets look at the first picture..... why is there a guy in the background taking a picture?
mmmm. Is this a vacation picture or an Engagement session.

So if you want to just show off images... go to some social media app. Have at it.
These are posted in the wedding section. I am seeing a missed opportunity.

Now the 2nd images of the couple sitting in the front of the camel is nice.

Anyway.... have fun being average and not wanting to get better.

And by the way.... I don't see your work.

May 04, 2021 at 05:04 PM
gheller
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Couple photo shoot done in Dubai.

Ziffl3 wrote:
so it is a link taking me to see a couple with a huge flower arch-tunnel.

Then my thoughts stand.
If you want to be impressed ... cool. enjoy being average.
Just because these are taken in a location people in the US or the America's/Europe would travel too is not an excuse.

Me... not really impressed. I see a missed opportunity.
Wait... we are supposed to tell everybody they are great.

Lets look at the first picture..... why is there a guy in the background taking a picture?
mmmm. Is this a vacation picture or an Engagement session.

So if you want to just show off
...Show more

I actually chuckled out loud at your statement, "we are supposed to tell everybody they are great". Anyone who knows me here on the forum is well aware that this is typically the exact opposite of what I am all about.

I thoroughly enjoyed the images posted here. Really no need to be an (bleep) about it. C&C is fine (even harsh, like I usually do).

Saying things like, "these suck" is really amateurish without a valid explanation. Even your follow up explanation was childish.

Anyway, carry on.

And yes. I don't post here any more because I have seen first hand how some members can take certain actions that can really affect a photo business. 'nuff said.

g

May 04, 2021 at 11:45 PM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Couple photo shoot done in Dubai.

I did not say these suck….. just a missed opportunity in a cool city.
And I did say if the photographer concentrated on take landscape photos then add couple it would have been better.

How is my follow up or first post child-ish?
There where no personal attacks.

If I meet you and this photographer for lunch or grabbing a cold beverage I would say the same things.
And we would end up having a good discussion on what makes good to great e-session images.

Which is really lacking these days…. Anywhere.

-Mark

May 05, 2021 at 01:02 PM
pftomo
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Couple photo shoot done in Dubai.

That. Is. A. Lot. Of. Outfit. Changes. Cool stuff though lol, must have been a marathon shoot.

May 05, 2021 at 02:04 PM
gheller
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Couple photo shoot done in Dubai.

Ziffl3 wrote:
I did not say these suck….. just a missed opportunity in a cool city.
And I did say if the photographer concentrated on take landscape photos then add couple it would have been better.

How is my follow up or first post child-ish?
There where no personal attacks.

If I meet you and this photographer for lunch or grabbing a cold beverage I would say the same things.
And we would end up having a good discussion on what makes good to great e-session images.

Which is really lacking these days…. Anywhere.

-Mark

Fair enough. Probably read too much into you initial post... and I was probably a bit hypoglycemic at the time - haha. Anyway, no hard feelings, and best wishes to you

g

May 05, 2021 at 10:06 PM
rileym21

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Couple photo shoot done in Dubai.

Cool shots!

Jun 02, 2021 at 11:41 AM
Adam-es

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Couple photo shoot done in Dubai.

Thanks, guys!

Jul 21, 2022 at 06:34 AM
craigjohn
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Couple photo shoot done in Dubai.

Cool city - but definitely agree with some image issues you can focus on to improve your image quality.

In a few images, you have the couple's heads in a fussy/busy background, and in one case (third from the bottom), you have a railing post popping out of the groom-to-be's head. That's a difficult composition to work with, but if you're going to go for it, put yourself and them in a better position to make the composition stronger. I think in this case, moving the couple further to right, so their upper bodies and heads are isolated in the blue water, rather than being muddled in a fussy railing would have made this much stronger. ...and I personally love off-centered subjects as it is.

Really pay attention to horizon lines, and try to get the couple's heads above or below it. If you go below it, try to not put their heads in an overly fussy mess of lines, or shoot at f/1.8 or f/1.4 to take the fussiness out of the equation. ...Image 6 from the bottom is a good example of this...

I like the image of the bride-to-be in the front of the boat - but I would have slid myself a bit to the left, to hide front of the boat behind her head, then you'd have a great use of leading/converging lines.

Image 4 from the bottom - she's standing in a shadow, and the city background is being pounded to sunlight. This is a tough one. You can either put her in direct sunlight - a little sliver of light sneaking through on that bridge would have been golden, or hit her with flash so you're not over exposing the details of the background. But...I do appreciate the soft pastel colors of this photo though. I think I would have crouched down a bit lower, to get her further above the horizon line, and take the boats out of play.

The vertical portrait with the bride-to-be and the camel - she's above the horizon line (excellent) - the top of the camel's head is in a total tangent. ...get lower. I would have had her stand further forward, to for-shorten the camel a bit further.

Image 8 from the top - love the composition and the soft pastel color.

...the first image, with the guy and the camera in the background. Be patient. Let him get his photo, and wait for him to move on. Or, ask him to move for a moment. ....Or... crop him out.

Get a good 85/1.8 or an 85/1.4 or a 50/1.8 - and don't be afraid to shoot wide open.

Jul 28, 2022 at 09:31 AM
John Power
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Couple photo shoot done in Dubai.

I have to agree with Ziffl3 on this call. Compare these photos to others that have been posted in this forum. What I didn't get was why the couple was always such a small portion of the entire shot in many of these photographs. They are the main event but it did not always appear that way...

So my vote is that they are "OK" or "not bad"

Aug 04, 2022 at 07:58 PM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Couple photo shoot done in Dubai.

Some images shows some distraction, they can be fixed really easy. I think this a missed opportunity.

Aug 14, 2022 at 05:59 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.