Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       4              45       46       end
  

Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread

  
 
trogdon
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread




Grenache wrote:
Cursed with morning low lying marine layer and afternoon blank sky, I did not have ideal conditions to check out the 35GM for landscape and architecture shots today. However, the conditions were fine for putting it through its paces in infrared. Sony lenses, the GM line in particular, have not been friendly to infrared historically, the 24GM being quite good at 590nm and below and the ZA 16-35/4 being exceptions.

I was delighted with the performance of the 35GM at 590nm as well as with the Kolari IR-Chrome filters. No hot spots at any aperture (YAY!!!...surprisingly tough to find in
...Show more

I for one, really appreciate this info. I have a full spectrum a7r pretty much relegated to IR Chrome use, so itís good to know that this lens performs well for that task. I was sort of disappointed by the 24 GM for IR Chrome, its very well centered on my a7r4 but weirdly not centered shooting in infrared (none of my other lenses show this same tilt).

Another lens Iíve found to be excellent for IR Chrome is the 28-60. Still maintains the sharpness it has on visible light, and I didnít have any hot spot troubles. Much lighter than any legacy primes in the range and Iím sure itíll outperform them in many cases



Apr 17, 2021 at 11:59 PM
thousandths
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread


DavidBM wrote:
OK I'll join the GM35 dogography chorus...


Aww. Patient pup.



Apr 18, 2021 at 12:08 AM
philip_pj
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread


He's half the dog he used to be.


Apr 18, 2021 at 12:37 AM
Grenache
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread



Behavior of your 24 and other lenses with IR-Chrome sounds odd. Have you looked at the filter itself and how the glass resin sits in the holder? Is it in there even/flat? The IR-Chrome is a really thick filter, and I could easily imagine issues if it is in the holder at an angle. The 24GM and 16-35/4 both work perfectly with IR-Chrome for me.

Any imperfections looking at the filter. I bought a small one from Kolari that was discounted in price that I use on smaller lenses. It had a lower density region that was less blue. It works fine, but I could imagine larger differences could be problematic.

Jim

trogdon wrote:
I for one, really appreciate this info. I have a full spectrum a7r pretty much relegated to IR Chrome use, so itís good to know that this lens performs well for that task. I was sort of disappointed by the 24 GM for IR Chrome, its very well centered on my a7r4 but weirdly not centered shooting in infrared (none of my other lenses show this same tilt).

Another lens Iíve found to be excellent for IR Chrome is the 28-60. Still maintains the sharpness it has on visible light, and I didnít have any hot spot troubles. Much lighter
...Show more




Apr 18, 2021 at 08:35 AM
LeeRatters
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread


Not what I was expecting my first 35GM image to be.......


*** by Lee, on Flickr



Apr 18, 2021 at 02:30 PM
fotografur
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread


LeeRatters wrote:
Not what I was expecting my first 35GM image to be.......

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51123805663_acc7ff6393_h.jpg
*** by Lee, on Flickr





Apr 18, 2021 at 03:19 PM
Surfnsun
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread


Think I'll just go and delete all my images now haha. Great shot! Love it!

LeeRatters wrote:
Not what I was expecting my first 35GM image to be.......

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51123805663_acc7ff6393_h.jpg
*** by Lee, on Flickr




Apr 18, 2021 at 03:24 PM
NatDeroxL7
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread


Should have some shots in soon. My first outing I focused a lot on video and time lapse but I managed to sneak a few stills in as well.

Will try and get the still up and link some YouTube for video footage.



Apr 18, 2021 at 10:29 PM
taz_k
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread


Slrclub has published a review of 35GM:
http://www.slrclub.com/bbs/vx2.php?id=slr_review&no=735

Lots of nice pictures!

Even though I can't read the text I like their reviews for all the pictures which are, in many cases, self-explanatory. I guess Google translate can translate the text for anyone interested.



Apr 19, 2021 at 04:00 AM
LeeRatters
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread


fotografur wrote:


---------------------------------------------

Surfnsun wrote:
Think I'll just go and delete all my images now haha. Great shot! Love it!



Thank you both! More traditional photos to follow I expect!



Apr 19, 2021 at 01:19 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

j4nu
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread


A couple photos showing my typical use case for 35mm, though I have to admit @Mystik@ is a lot better at this .

"To eat or not to eat."
DSC01914-e by Jan U, on Flickr
É/2.8 35.0 mm 1/640 s ISO 100

"Unconvinced."
DSC01917-e by Jan U, on Flickr
É/1.4 35.0 mm 1/5000 s ISO 100

Here I tried to channel my inner Julia Trotti, but I'm no Julia it seems ...
DSC01923-e by Jan U, on Flickr
É/2.0 35.0 mm 1/2000 s ISO 100

No processing this time, i.e. embedded jpegs.



Apr 19, 2021 at 02:40 PM
goo0h
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread


LeeRatters wrote:
Not what I was expecting my first 35GM image to be.......


How so?

LeeRatters wrote:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51123805663_acc7ff6393_h.jpg
*** by Lee, on Flickr


Brilliant nonetheless!!!!




Apr 19, 2021 at 03:37 PM
tbpeur01
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread


j4nu wrote:
A couple photos showing my typical use case for 35mm, though I have to admit @Mystik@@ is a lot better at this .

"To eat or not to eat."
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51125636292_8922355036_k.jpgDSC01914-e by Jan U, on Flickr
É/2.8 35.0 mm 1/640 s ISO 100

"Unconvinced."
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51126219756_45afd6036a_k.jpgDSC01917-e by Jan U, on Flickr
É/1.4 35.0 mm 1/5000 s ISO 100

Here I tried to channel my inner Julia Trotti, but I'm no Julia it seems ...
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51126124393_f761a704d8_k.jpgDSC01923-e by Jan U, on Flickr
É/2.0 35.0 mm 1/2000 s ISO 100

No processing this time, i.e. embedded jpegs.


Nice shots! EFCS on or off?




Apr 19, 2021 at 03:50 PM
j4nu
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread


tbpeur01 wrote:
Nice shots! EFCS on or off?



Thanks!
Fully electronic, though the sun was really strong so there was no way around the background busyness in the last photo I think. I should have just stepped in a lot closer, that would make it closer to Julia's flower shots .



Apr 19, 2021 at 04:12 PM
tbpeur01
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread


j4nu wrote:
Thanks!
Fully electronic, though the sun was really strong so there was no way around the background busyness in the last photo I think. I should have just stepped in a lot closer, that would make it closer to Julia's flower shots .


The last photo was why I asked, but beautiful regardless! Mine comes Wednesday



Apr 19, 2021 at 04:17 PM
Grenache
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread


While my intent from the weekend was to take some landscape photos, but the skies were either blank or foggy, so I turned to ground and was astonded by both the sharpness and bokeh of this lens. Not bad 3D either, in my opinion, even though I shot wide open for the BW shot of the chair and table...f/3.6 or so would have been better to maximize the look.

Worth noting that as I was shooting, I was not sure these would be all that sharp. Even fully zoomed in with the EVF during composing, the image in the eyepiece looked almost blurry. The problem is that the lens massively out-resolves the a7Riii viewfinder. Nice!

Jim

2020 lonely by Jim, on Flickr

Blue Vision by Jim, on Flickr

Tesselating by Jim, on Flickr

Table for one by Jim, on Flickr



Apr 19, 2021 at 10:31 PM
RSSmith
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread


20210417 030b by Ron Smith, on Flickr



Apr 20, 2021 at 09:42 AM
Hodie
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread


Grenache wrote:
While my intent from the weekend was to take some landscape photos, but the skies were either blank or foggy, so I turned to ground and was astonded by both the sharpness and bokeh of this lens. Not bad 3D either, in my opinion, even though I shot wide open for the BW shot of the chair and table...f/3.6 or so would have been better to maximize the look.

Worth noting that as I was shooting, I was not sure these would be all that sharp. Even fully zoomed in with the EVF during composing, the image in the eyepiece looked
...Show more

Beautiful shots. Great use of the focal length.



Apr 20, 2021 at 09:47 AM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread


A few from this weekend:















































Apr 20, 2021 at 11:16 AM
fotografur
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Image Thread


Fred Miranda wrote:
A few from this weekend:


Fred does cat pictures And has cat teapot and cups

I think I like him so much more now



Apr 20, 2021 at 01:13 PM
1       2      
3
       4              45       46       end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       4              45       46       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.