Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       4              201       202       end
  

Sony A1 Image Thread

  
 
GMPhotography
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Sony A1 Image Thread


arbitrage wrote:
No...

I wonder if these manufacturers have woken up to the realization that all the money for these cameras is coming from wealthy enthusiasts these days. I bet there are more retired bird photographers buying this thing day 1 than any other genre. But who knows for sure. FM may just skew that perception. I'm sure AP bought a few truckloads.


That was exactly my point. Birds simply dont put money in my pocket



Mar 10, 2021 at 11:26 AM
dclark
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Sony A1 Image Thread


Jemini wrote:
Got it. It might take a while.

Anyway just got ACR update that includes A1. ACR handles noise way better than Edit. IMO now A1 looks very close to D850
in ACR



The new release of ACR, ver 13.2, supports the A1. It works with PS to open A1 RAW files. Version 10.2 of Lightroom Classic is required, but the latest available version of LRCC is 10.1.1. Do you have 10.2?

I have a few thousand files from yesterday and have been going through them with FRV (which works well with A1 files) and then Imaging Edge for a select few. IE is painful to use!!

I need LRCC v10.2 ASAP.

Dave



Mar 10, 2021 at 11:27 AM
cmarker
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Sony A1 Image Thread


So here are some quick picture of my daughter where I was playing with the autofocus. It is JPG straight out of the camera (playing with picture profiles). They are from a series of her running around. I did not have any that weren't out of focus (135mm g-master at 1.8 to test the limits). I am quite impressed with the focusing abilities.












Edited on Mar 10, 2021 at 11:50 AM · View previous versions



Mar 10, 2021 at 11:41 AM
j4nu
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Sony A1 Image Thread


GMPhotography wrote:
Can we have photos of anything but birds.


Are dogs allowed




Mar 10, 2021 at 11:42 AM
GMPhotography
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Sony A1 Image Thread


ABSOLUTELY . Cats are limited though.


Mar 10, 2021 at 11:44 AM
GMPhotography
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Sony A1 Image Thread


Dog is cute but he is pissed . He is thinking hey 6500 for dog bones would have worked for him.


Mar 10, 2021 at 11:45 AM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Sony A1 Image Thread


dclark wrote:
The new release of ACR, ver 13.2, supports the A1. It works with PS to open A1 RAW files. Version 10.2 of Lightroom Classic is required, but the latest available version of LRCC is 10.1.1. Do you have 10.2?

I have a few thousand files from yesterday and have been going through them with FRV (which works well with A1 files) and then Imaging Edge for a select few. IE is painful to use!!

I need LRCC v10.2 ASAP.

Dave


If they are mentioning LR 10.2 in the release then it must be coming very soon. Even though LR and ACR use the same engine you do not need ACR installed to use LR. As far as I understand it, LR has the ACR engine built-in. PS relies on having ACR installed if you want to develop your RAW but not LR.

There was a new update for LR Pre-release just a couple days ago which I'm guessing will be what LR 10.2 is.



Mar 10, 2021 at 11:49 AM
dclark
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Sony A1 Image Thread


arbitrage wrote:
If they are mentioning LR 10.2 in the release then it must be coming very soon. Even though LR and ACR use the same engine you do not need ACR installed to use LR. As far as I understand it, LR has the ACR engine built-in. PS relies on having ACR installed if you want to develop your RAW but not LR.

There was a new update for LR Pre-release just a couple days ago which I'm guessing will be what LR 10.2 is.

Yes, but I thought Jemini may have gotten LRCC 10.2. Probably he is using ACR with PS.
I'll just have to wait, like it or not.



Mar 10, 2021 at 11:57 AM
j4nu
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Sony A1 Image Thread


GMPhotography wrote:
Dog is cute but he is pissed . He is thinking hey 6500 for dog bones would have worked for him.


Ya, you can see that in his eyes in this 100% crop




Mar 10, 2021 at 12:00 PM
Jemini
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Sony A1 Image Thread


cmarker wrote:
So here are some quick picture of my daughter where I was playing with the autofocus. It is JPG straight out of the camera (playing with picture profiles). They are from a series of her running around. I did not have any that weren't out of focus (135mm g-master at 1.8 to test the limits). I am quite impressed with the focusing abilities.


Cute kid and nice pictures. But I see magenta cast in second pic. May be it's my bias. I was afraid of this from A9



Mar 10, 2021 at 12:19 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Ronny Olsson
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Sony A1 Image Thread


AGeoJO wrote:
My first images using this camera... but no kestrel, no white-tailed kite, no burrowing owl and no peregrine falcon though, just flycatcher on a windy afternoon late afternoon. For the very first time, I was using the Birdseye-AF yesterday and it worked splendidly on this little guy. Can we say STICKY ? He did take off but I haven't processed the image yet. The workflow is clunky at this point...


Congrats my friend !




Mar 10, 2021 at 12:57 PM
buffalowolff
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Sony A1 Image Thread


Bad strong light, will go out again tonight if the nice weather holds. This thing is just like shooting the a9 but with more MP. The viewfinder is amazing, so much easier for me to track than the a7R IV, and being able to keep speed at FF not needing APC-C..... so many more betters.




  ILCE-1    600mm    f/4.0    1/3200s    400 ISO    +0.7 EV  




Mar 10, 2021 at 01:10 PM
twodees
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Sony A1 Image Thread


The AF switches to the body or whatever bit of bird isn't submerged then back to the eye pretty quickly once it's head is raised above water

Tony5787 wrote:
That’s impressive with the dipper, I’d assume it would be challenging for the camera to track the eye with the bird dunking its head in the water.





Mar 10, 2021 at 01:29 PM
dallvr
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Sony A1 Image Thread


GMPhotography wrote:
Than this forum is worthless to me so go shoot something. Im not kidding this is NOT ABOUT BIRDS unless they start paying my bills.

Seriously its not telling the whole story. We need other types of image so the rest of the place can get a understanding.



Will try to oblige when mine comes later today. It is rainy here in No. CA after an ominous period of no rain at all. So I am not going out in the rain with the new camera to look for birds.



Mar 10, 2021 at 02:20 PM
DuelingLenses
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Sony A1 Image Thread


AGeoJO wrote:
My first images using this camera... but no kestrel, no white-tailed kite, no burrowing owl and no peregrine falcon though, just flycatcher on a windy afternoon late afternoon. For the very first time, I was using the Birdseye-AF yesterday and it worked splendidly on this little guy. Can we say STICKY ? He did take off but I haven't processed the image yet. The workflow is clunky at this point...


I was waiting to see if you got this beast of a camera. Mine comes today. One thing I've noticed in a lot of the images I've seen from it so far (including yours) is that the colors are so good!

I'm just waiting for the knock on my door



Mar 10, 2021 at 02:25 PM
Jman13
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Sony A1 Image Thread


GMPhotography wrote:
Can we have photos of anything but birds.


Since I moved to Canon, that's been the one thing about the image threads over there...about 85% bird photography. Not sure why, but hey...I guess people like birds.



Mar 10, 2021 at 02:43 PM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Sony A1 Image Thread


Jman13 wrote:
Since I moved to Canon, that's been the one thing about the image threads over there...about 85% bird photography. Not sure why, but hey...I guess people like birds.


Yep, I bet that this thread just like the R5 thread will be 80+% birds. Fine with me but hopefully some more non-bird shooters on FM buy this camera.

Edited on Mar 10, 2021 at 03:06 PM · View previous versions



Mar 10, 2021 at 02:47 PM
Douglas L
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Sony A1 Image Thread


Jman13 wrote:
Since I moved to Canon, that's been the one thing about the image threads over there...about 85% bird photography. Not sure why, but hey...I guess people like birds.


May have something to do with these cameras having high resolution and outstanding AF/FPS, which attracts a lot of birders? With all the travel restrictions, it's easier to photograph birds. Just look at the big Sony FE image thread, there have been more birds pictures there than anything else recently. Even our landscape/macro guru Ronny Olson has been posting many many outstanding bird pictures



Mar 10, 2021 at 02:53 PM
AGeoJO
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Sony A1 Image Thread


I would dub this camera as “Bird Photography Camera for Dummies”. Frankly, it feels like cheating... in a good way though .

I just made it back home from another evaluation outing. I will post images later on. I am cheering on the stock market in the final hour now .



Mar 10, 2021 at 03:00 PM
darbo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Sony A1 Image Thread


AGeoJO wrote:
I would dub this camera as “Bird Photography Camera for Dummies”. Frankly, it feels like cheating... in a good way though .

I just made it back home from another evaluation outing. I will post images later on. I am cheering on the stock market in the final hour now .


As an actual dummy I ordered this camera in the hopes it could help me out with getting into bird photography...it’s great having you validate my purchase decision. Going to be a massive AF upgrade from my feeble a7R II!

Edited on Mar 10, 2021 at 03:31 PM · View previous versions



Mar 10, 2021 at 03:31 PM
1       2      
3
       4              201       202       end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       4              201       202       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password