Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

       2       end
  

Archive 2021 · Snowy Owl Poses

  
 
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Snowy Owl Poses


This set was taken about 30 minutes before sunset on a Long Island South Shore Beach. She was on the top of a dune and I was on another about 110 feet away at 840mm. All images are cropped for composition some from as little as 1/2 the frame.

-1 Owl contemplating blastoff

https://www.morrisaltman.com/img/s/v-10/p4099547141-6.jpg

-2 One of the photographers near me thought she looked like a DeLorean

https://www.morrisaltman.com/img/s/v-10/p4099547037-6.jpg

-3 This is a few minutes later when she spots something else

https://www.morrisaltman.com/img/s/v-10/p4099546973-6.jpg

-4 She is ready to blastoff, her legs must be just below the top of the dune. She did not launch

https://www.morrisaltman.com/img/s/v-10/p4099546835-6.jpg

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris



Jan 03, 2021 at 08:59 AM
birdied
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Snowy Owl Poses


Absolutely amazing shots Morris with such gorgeous light !!!

Birdie



Jan 03, 2021 at 09:43 AM
psharvic
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Snowy Owl Poses


Well done, Morris. Love the light.


Jan 03, 2021 at 12:13 PM
Fred Amico
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Snowy Owl Poses


These are great, Morris! So glad you keep posting snowy owl images, as I really enjoy viewing them.


Jan 03, 2021 at 01:00 PM
amyandmark3
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Snowy Owl Poses


Fantastic set Morris! I'm so jealous as we don't have these beauties anywhere nearby.

Mark



Jan 03, 2021 at 02:44 PM
Airboy
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Snowy Owl Poses


Nice setting, with the sand and grass. Out here in the prairies of Alberta, we usually see them on fence posts or utility poles.


Jan 03, 2021 at 04:50 PM
scottsoutter
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Snowy Owl Poses


Great set! Love 1 and 2, you can see her coiled and ready to go.

Edited on Jan 03, 2021 at 05:26 PM · View previous versions



Jan 03, 2021 at 05:04 PM
juankgigo
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Snowy Owl Poses


Not much to suggest but to say how lucky you are to be live close to these beauties!


Jan 03, 2021 at 05:24 PM
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Snowy Owl Poses


birdied wrote:
Absolutely amazing shots Morris with such gorgeous light !!!

Birdie


Thank you Roberta,
I think we now have 4 of them on the beach. I'll be back mid week, heading to Jamaica Bay first

---------------------------------------------

psharvic wrote:
Well done, Morris. Love the light.


Thank you Vic,
The light got better :-}

---------------------------------------------

Fred Amico wrote:
These are great, Morris! So glad you keep posting snowy owl images, as I really enjoy viewing them.


Thank you Fred,
I have more to post and will be returning mid week

---------------------------------------------

amyandmark3 wrote:
Fantastic set Morris! I'm so jealous as we don't have these beauties anywhere nearby.

Mark


Thank you Mark,
They are a treat. Possibly you can plan a trip to photograph them

---------------------------------------------

Airboy wrote:
Nice setting, with the sand and grass. Out here in the prairies of Alberta, we usually see them on fence posts or utility poles.


Thank you Sunny,
This snowy like to perch on signs

---------------------------------------------

scottsoutter wrote:
Great set! Love 1 and 2, you can see her coiled and ready to go.


Thank you Scott,
I expected to see her go. She is very choosy when to launch

---------------------------------------------

juankgigo wrote:
Not much to suggest but to say how lucky you are to be live close to these beauties!


Thank you Juan,

It is a privilege to be able to see and photograph them

Morris



Jan 03, 2021 at 10:55 PM
Karl Witt
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Snowy Owl Poses


Those are great Morris and what beautiful light you had to put a little sparkle in the eyes! Sweet

Karl



Jan 04, 2021 at 07:18 PM
hobbes382
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Snowy Owl Poses


Very nice Morris! and with beautiful light! I wonder if she was in the same area as a couple of years ago. There was a snowy owl on a L.I. beach between Christmas and New Years. I spent an entire day watching it while nearly freezing to death. Great fun!

Cheers,
Hobbes



Jan 04, 2021 at 07:22 PM
Wallsofjerico
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Snowy Owl Poses


Beautiful creature! The eyes are amazing!


Jan 04, 2021 at 09:43 PM
lighthound
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Snowy Owl Poses


A terrific set Morris! I can see the DeLorean pose.
Dave



Jan 05, 2021 at 09:23 AM
gcooke0522
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Snowy Owl Poses


These are fantastic, Morris! Like Sunny said, usually here in Alberta we see these mostly on light poles.


Jan 05, 2021 at 10:06 AM
johnledford
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Snowy Owl Poses


Those shots are really good! I would like to say that your images got my mind...



Jan 05, 2021 at 10:56 AM
sc300jz
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Snowy Owl Poses


The eyes are such a huge contrast to its coat. Looks like the last picture it saw you and is ready to pounce.


Jan 05, 2021 at 12:38 PM
tjbel05
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Snowy Owl Poses


So beautiful.


Jan 05, 2021 at 02:20 PM
Dave_E
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Snowy Owl Poses


Great captures Morris. I love #3 with the big eyes.

Dave



Jan 05, 2021 at 05:53 PM
dclark
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Snowy Owl Poses


You are posting some great snowy owl images. The light you are getting is excellent!

Dave



Jan 05, 2021 at 09:37 PM
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Snowy Owl Poses


Karl Witt wrote:
Those are great Morris and what beautiful light you had to put a little sparkle in the eyes! Sweet

Karl


Thank you Karl,
the light turned a lovely pink a little while later

---------------------------------------------

hobbes382 wrote:
Very nice Morris! and with beautiful light! I wonder if she was in the same area as a couple of years ago. There was a snowy owl on a L.I. beach between Christmas and New Years. I spent an entire day watching it while nearly freezing to death. Great fun!

Cheers,
Hobbes


Thank you Hobbes,
There have been snowy owls on this beach every winter for at least the past 15 years and probably much longer

---------------------------------------------

Wallsofjerico wrote:
Beautiful creature! The eyes are amazing!


Yes she is,

Thank you

---------------------------------------------

lighthound wrote:
A terrific set Morris! I can see the DeLorean pose.
Dave


Thank you Dave,
She dose this every evening before flying about 30 minutes later

---------------------------------------------

gcooke0522 wrote:
These are fantastic, Morris! Like Sunny said, usually here in Alberta we see these mostly on light poles.


Thank you Gordon. I sometimes fined her on top of a sign

---------------------------------------------

johnledford wrote:
Those shots are really good! I would like to say that your images got my mind...


Thank you John

---------------------------------------------

sc300jz wrote:
The eyes are such a huge contrast to its coat. Looks like the last picture it saw you and is ready to pounce.


Thank you,
she is much more interested in the the mice on the beach than me

---------------------------------------------

tjbel05 wrote:
So beautiful.


Thank you Tammy,
She is a stunner!

---------------------------------------------

Dave_E wrote:
Great captures Morris. I love #3 with the big eyes.

Dave


Thank you Dave,
Her eyes are amazing

---------------------------------------------

dclark wrote:
You are posting some great snowy owl images. The light you are getting is excellent!

Dave


Thank you Dave,
I've been timing my trips for the light

Morris



Jan 11, 2021 at 08:51 PM
       2       end




FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.