FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

Archive 2020 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

I love my Gurua Gear bags, but they were the retail 26L and 32L 2nd version.
The new Kibuki were not so good and now there is this internet scam.
I don't understand how people keep gambling on the internet KS projects.
It's like funding a pyramid scheme.

EBH

Jul 24, 2021 at 11:02 AM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

EB-1 wrote:
I love my Gurua Gear bags, but they were the retail 26L and 32L 2nd version.
The new Kibuki were not so good and now there is this internet scam.
I don't understand how people keep gambling on the internet KS projects.
It's like funding a pyramid scheme.

EBH

I hesitate to call it a scam since many have indeed received the bag. Just very, very poor execution. Also, customer service came alive only after some folks threatened to go public on various forums.

Jul 24, 2021 at 11:13 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

i agree it is not a scam. i did get mine, though, it was not usable for my needs and sold off immediately at a loss. it is a series of events that are not being handled well at all and in the end can cause irreparable damage if it hasn't already

Jul 24, 2021 at 11:33 AM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

Update: I received the Chobe 2.0 bag today minus the wide insert which is the combination I paid for. They included the narrow insert and said the wide insert will be shipped free of charge when it is back in stock.

First impressions of the bag: world-class quality. The original Chobe is still going strong after over 10 years of putting it through all kinds of tough conditions. If this kind of bag agrees with your working style (it does with mine) then the Chobe has few competitors (if any).

As for Gura Gear's conduct during this entire Kickstarter process, the less said the better.

Aug 04, 2021 at 04:47 PM
Melancholia
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

@rajan: Does the V2 stand up well when sitting on the floor or a tabletop, as well as v1, when it is minimally loaded? I don't like it when a bag flops over after you've taken out the heaviest item, typically the laptop.

Aug 19, 2021 at 08:48 PM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

Final Update:

Finally received the wide insert for the 16" Chobe this morning. With this my package is complete.

But what a dismal experience this has been! Why are the people running Gura Gear in hiding? No explanation, no apologies, no nothing for this debacle in delivery. Great camera bag, lousy, lousy company.

Oct 12, 2021 at 06:42 AM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

Melancholia wrote:
@rajan@: Does the V2 stand up well when sitting on the floor or a tabletop, as well as v1, when it is minimally loaded? I don't like it when a bag flops over after you've taken out the heaviest item, typically the laptop.

Yes, it does. I have had no issues. Typically on travel I will have it loaded with two lenses (100-400 and 24-70), one body (the other body going in the roller), plus MacBook Pro, iPad, accessories.

Oct 12, 2021 at 06:44 AM
rdcny
• • • •
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

Rajan - thank You for keeping everyone involved in the development of the Gura Gear products - both pros and cons (and over at LL too)

OK how are the new zippers? Are they truly YKK and easy to make the "turn" around the curvy area of the bag (the transition from the top/horizontal to the side/vertical)?

This might make a good Christmas present for the wife/photographer...and it seems like the 16L bag is preferred to the 13L?

Oct 13, 2021 at 07:51 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

This might make a good Christmas present for the wife/photographer...and it seems like the 16L bag is preferred to the 13L?

i concur. i had the 13L with the wide insert for about 2 days and sold it.

Oct 13, 2021 at 08:59 AM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

rdcny wrote:
Rajan - thank You for keeping everyone involved in the development of the Gura Gear products - both pros and cons (and over at LL too)

OK how are the new zippers? Are they truly YKK and easy to make the "turn" around the curvy area of the bag (the transition from the top/horizontal to the side/vertical)?

Robert,

I did not have any issue with the old zippers (maybe I just got lucky). The zippers in Chobe 2.0 are "YKK" - it says so on the zippers.

I have no experience with the 13L. The 16L is perfect for my use and I recommend it, if you can get those guys to deliver it in time.

Oct 13, 2021 at 10:07 AM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.