New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       5       end

Archive 2020 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

you need to seek out another copy writer. you just described so many bags. you need to show its uniqueness amongst the crowd.
you need to get technical and lose any emotional attachment

Nov 15, 2020 at 06:53 AM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

sjms wrote:
you need to seek out another copy writer. you just described so many bags. you need to show its uniqueness amongst the crowd.

Find another thread to piss on if you have nothing better to do. You have contributed nothing to this discussion. You donít own the bag, you havenít handled it. Yet you cast aspersions on those who have.

Nov 15, 2020 at 01:02 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

Please, maybe you should find a way to be a bit more realistic instead.

i asked a specific question as to what made it the "best camera bag" and what did i get for an answer?

when i ask a serious question, and it was, i expected an answer giving technical reasons why.

this is what i see:

Great news. The best camera bag is being revived.

i didn't read "my best" or "one of the best". i read a definitive statement. why wouldn't i question this? it lacks content to support.

it could be as you said so show me. i have previously owned their 1st gen Kiboku pack as in past tense.

Nov 15, 2020 at 01:05 PM
Melancholia
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

sjms wrote:
Please, maybe you should find a way to be a bit more realistic instead.

i asked a specific question as to what made it the "best camera bag" and what did i get for an answer?

when i ask a serious question, and it was, i expected an answer giving technical reasons why.

this is what i see:

i didn't read "my best" or "one of the best". i read a definitive statement. why wouldn't i question this? it lacks content to support.

it could be as you said so show me. i have previously owned their 1st gen Kiboku pack as in past
...Show more

There are times to ask for specifics and challenge people's statements. There are times to accept things as opinion and just be happy for others. People with social intelligence know when to switch between the two. It's like someone saying "(such and such) mall is the best in city XYZ" or "(such and such) is the best Mexican restaurant I've been to!" You don't need to challenge people on that. Those of us who rave about the Chobe V1 are simply delighted with bag's durability, pocket arrangement, and practically. It's not like we owned 18 different shoulder bags and wrote a dissertation on the topic. Jeeeeeez.

Nov 15, 2020 at 02:19 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

There are times to accept things as opinion

he did not give an opinion it was a definitive statement. he had the option of "my best" or "one of the best"

here you said your mex as an opinion the best Mexican restaurant I've been to! a personal opinion

sorry, in my world i expect to be challenged when i make a statement of supposed fact minus the facts, and been challenged enough here too.

cheeze and crackers man!

Nov 15, 2020 at 02:32 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

sjms wrote:

I told you...it is a commercial...GG paid me....what more do you want to hear?

Nov 15, 2020 at 11:05 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

you were doing just fine. nothing more needs to be said

of course you know the rules about ads

so you might want to rethink that and try to turn it into a "review"

Nov 16, 2020 at 01:49 AM
Andy Biggs
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

Hey everyone, just jumping in here to answer any questions you may have about the new Chobe 2.0 line of bags. Yes, it is a Kickstarter and it allows Gura Gear to be more nimble, to try new ideas and to see how the market responds to different types of product ideas.

You can find the Kickstarter campaign here:

https://chobe-20.kckb.st/77638d79

The Kickstarter campaign went live yesterday. Thank you all for noticing the misspelling of my surname. :-) Things like that just happen and it's not a big deal in life. I am rushing to get a ton of things done before I depart for a long safari in Kenya, Rwanda and Tanzania and if I can answer any questions at all, please let me know. I am always happy to help.

Nov 19, 2020 at 06:20 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

i see you got them to correct your name on the pro page

Nov 19, 2020 at 08:37 PM
Andy Biggs
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

sjms wrote:
i see you got them to correct your name on the pro page

I see that it bothered you 🤣

Nov 19, 2020 at 08:39 PM
Melancholia
• •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

Hi Andy! Did V2 get rid of the water bottle carrier on one end of the bag? I love that feature and use it every day.

Nov 19, 2020 at 08:42 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

Andy Biggs wrote:
I see that it bothered you 🤣

i respect you. so yes i find that your own company can't get your name spelled right amusingly bothersome

Nov 19, 2020 at 08:44 PM
Andy Biggs
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

sjms wrote:
i respect you. so yes i find that your own company can't get your name spelled right amusingly bothersome

Maybe I should get the Gura Gear web guy to misspell a few more names to create a longer conversation out of this.

Nov 19, 2020 at 10:47 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

amongst a few other things possibly.

Nov 20, 2020 at 04:55 AM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

Andy Biggs wrote:
Hey everyone, just jumping in here to answer any questions you may have about the new Chobe 2.0 line of bags. Yes, it is a Kickstarter and it allows Gura Gear to be more nimble, to try new ideas and to see how the market responds to different types of product ideas.

You can find the Kickstarter campaign here:

https://chobe-20.kckb.st/77638d79

The Kickstarter campaign went live yesterday. Thank you all for noticing the misspelling of my surname. :-) Things like that just happen and it's not a big deal in life. I am rushing to get a ton of things done before I
...Show more

Out of the two choices, is the 16" closest in size to Chobe 1.0?

Nov 20, 2020 at 07:56 AM
Andy Biggs
• • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

Rajan Parrikar wrote:
Out of the two choices, is the 16" closest in size to Chobe 1.0?

Precisely! The 16" is so similar to the size of the original Chobe bag and the 13" is materially smaller.

Nov 20, 2020 at 08:21 AM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

Andy Biggs wrote:
Precisely! The 16" is so similar to the size of the original Chobe bag and the 13" is materially smaller.

Well then, I'm in!

Nov 20, 2020 at 08:25 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

Andy Biggs wrote:

Hey Andy, nice to see you on here to provide some details.
You may not remember me but my dad and I travelled with you and Josh to Antarctica in Nov 2014 which I referenced in an earlier post of one time the Chobe allowed me to take even more gear on the plane then my Kiboko would have allowed.

I'm also curious if the water bottle pop out on the original has made the redesign?
I do like how the laptop section now expands out.

How does the size of the two new inserts compare to the original insert? Is the large one identical or is there a difference?
Also do the new inserts fit in the original Chobe?

Thanks for any insider info you can provide.
Cheers
Geoff

Nov 20, 2020 at 09:41 AM
Andy Biggs
• • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

arbitrage wrote:
Hey Andy, nice to see you on here to provide some details.
You may not remember me but my dad and I travelled with you and Josh to Antarctica in Nov 2014 which I referenced in an earlier post of one time the Chobe allowed me to take even more gear on the plane then my Kiboko would have allowed.

I'm also curious if the water bottle pop out on the original has made the redesign?
I do like how the laptop section now expands out.

How does the size of the two new inserts compare to the original insert? Is the large one
...Show more

Hey Geoff, it's great to hear from you! I hope and trust that all is well during these rather strange covid times.

Ok, let's dive in. The water bottle pop-out feature did not make the new design. There are many technical reasons, but we couldn't keep it on the new bag design. We do have a molle style tab that can accept any molle compatible product and water bottles can easily be accommodated in that way.

The new inserts are much more flexible. First off, there are 2 sizes now and for each Chobe 2.0 bag. 4 in total. There is an insert that works when each bag is not expanded and a different insert for the expanded size. On the old Chobe there was only 1 insert and it was for the expanded size. The difference in the old versus new are mostly in the dimension of the dividers. You have more options now on how you build out your scheme. My favorite divider is the one that can separate an object in the lower part of the compartment from an upper compartment. So you can build 'levels', ie place smaller lenses on top of each other. Or you can place your lenses in upright. Or sideways. The system is much more flexible in how you can set it up.

I hope the helps!!!

Nov 20, 2020 at 10:03 AM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Gura Gear Chobe 2.0 Announced

Rajan Parrikar wrote:
Well then, I'm in!

+1 pledged today for 16" plus insert

Nov 20, 2020 at 04:57 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.