FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       end

Fedex is the worst!!!

genjy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #1 · p.6 #1 · Fedex is the worst!!!

I don't understand how some people have such bad experience with USPS. I ship a lot and a lot every month with either USPS First-Class or Priority.

The package normally gets to wherever it is going in about 2-3 days. Rarely 4 days or more, and very rarely lost or damaged. I've shipped to all 50 states... big cities and small towns. USPS is very reliable in my experience.

When I order stuff from KEH, FedEx would take the package on a grand tour around the U.S. and like a week to get to me.

RoamingScott wrote:
USPS...well...now...that's a different story

Jan 11, 2023 at 08:52 PM
jstrawman
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #2 · p.6 #2 · Fedex is the worst!!!

genjy wrote:
I don't understand how some people have such bad experience with USPS.

I agree. Have never had a problem with USPS Priority Mail. Used it for all the years it has been available.
Haven't used FEDEX in at least 15 years.

Jan 11, 2023 at 09:37 PM
mombo76
• •
p.6 #3 · p.6 #3 · Fedex is the worst!!!

I've also had by far the best experience with USPS over the years. Recently had a package disappear after dropping it off in a FedEx drop box.

Jan 11, 2023 at 09:53 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.6 #4 · p.6 #4 · Fedex is the worst!!!

For me, there is a notoriously bad USPS distribution center in Dallas that mail and packages will seemingly get lost inside of. Shipments will sit there for a week sometimes.

Our local guys are great, our driver lives 3 houses down so he knows who we are. His mom works the desk at the office and always makes me come into the sorting area to carry my own boxes out

genjy wrote:
I don't understand how some people have such bad experience with USPS. I ship a lot and a lot every month with either USPS First-Class or Priority.

The package normally gets to wherever it is going in about 2-3 days. Rarely 4 days or more, and very rarely lost or damaged. I've shipped to all 50 states... big cities and small towns. USPS is very reliable in my experience.

When I order stuff from KEH, FedEx would take the package on a grand tour around the U.S. and like a week to get to me.

Jan 11, 2023 at 10:14 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
p.6 #5 · p.6 #5 · Fedex is the worst!!!

Sam's club sent my order of protein drinks in the regular boxes. Of course I got no notice. My neighbor called me to tell me. They cannot even be bothered to ring the intercom.

Yesterday I got a delivery from amazon that was left outside in an apartment complex. Management says Amazon has a pass code to put boxes inside the door but no, they cannot be bothered. I got a text and got downstairs just as a porch pirate was starting up the walkway. I saved mine and my neighbor's delivery. I complained to amazon but it will probably do no good.

I realize they are busy but they are beginning to put themselves out of business with their shoddy shite. My last order with B&H I insisted on a signature at delivery. My mail carrier is a saint and rings me if I have a package that will not fit the mailbox. She usually meets me halfway on the stairs. She gets 5 stars.

Jan 11, 2023 at 10:57 PM
AZHeaven
• • •
p.6 #6 · p.6 #6 · Fedex is the worst!!!

jeffbuzz wrote:
Whether someone is a contractor or not is irrelevant. If I purchase a service from "Fedex", put a "Fedex" label on a box and a "Fedex" truck delivers it? That's Fedex. Period. Fedex took my money. Fedex put their name on it. It is now 100% the responsibility of Fedex. No one ever said I needed to send via express rather than ground in order to actually get the service I was paying for. It doesn't say "Ground (not really by Fedex)" on the invoice.

Congratulations on your retirement. Hopefully you'll be less stressed.

I'm just saying that the contractors are not held to the same standards as Express used to be. Ever since Ground came to be I can't count the number of times I've had to apologize for what they did. I and many of my co-workers did take pride in our customer service. We would complain about what Ground did but it only goes as far as the managers door. And not all Ground drivers are bad. But there are many that are sadly.
Thankfully I don't have to put up with any of that nonsense anymore.

Jan 12, 2023 at 07:43 AM
AZHeaven
• • •
p.6 #7 · p.6 #7 · Fedex is the worst!!!

jeffbuzz wrote:
Sounds like you are here to personally represent FedEx. There are several people here who I'm sure would enjoy further discussing FedEx customer service with you in detail.

As an employee? Yes, I represented the company. And I've apologized on behalf of the company many times. What was said above is still true. FedEx has it's moments. All delivery companies do. But I'm finding customer service lacking since I went on disability and now retired. Like when extremely important medical info went to Paris France..twice and it was delivered 10 days late. And my door bell wasn't rung and didn't see the package until I went for the mail!

Jan 12, 2023 at 07:48 AM
runamuck
• • • • • •
p.6 #8 · p.6 #8 · Fedex is the worst!!!

In the early days of Ebay and internet shopping I ordered a knockoff, really cheap Gimbal head from India and sat back to wait for a long while. It arrived 2 days later. I looked at tracking and it never spent more than 10 minutes at any air terminal. For the couple times a year I use it it is 'good enough.'

It was just a fluke but hey, 2 days from India back then was a miracle. IIRC, I got it for my Nikon N80 and Bigma.

Jan 12, 2023 at 11:05 AM
fotografur
• • • • •
p.6 #9 · p.6 #9 · Fedex is the worst!!!

Will Fed Ex actually find my package?

I had an alert from Fed Ex my package was delivered. I was home and went outside to find it, no luck. I checked the security camera and nothing. I went to the email and they had a photo of a tan house with a package on the step (much like Amazon). The only problem was it wasn't my house. They are difficult to get a hold of but I did manage to text them and told them the situation. They texted me back they will look for it. 3 days later they texted me and said the package was delivered.

Edited on Feb 21, 2023 at 07:00 AM · View previous versions

Feb 20, 2023 at 10:43 AM
SpecFoto
• • •
p.6 #10 · p.6 #10 · Fedex is the worst!!!

I ordered a lens on Saturday coming from Chicago, it was to be delivered on Thursday according to the text I got from FedEx after they picked up the package Monday afternoon.
~Later Monday night they texted to say it was delayed a day till Friday.
~Friday morning I got text saying the package was now delayed till Monday!
~Saturday morning at 5:45 AM in the fÖing morning I got a text saying it was still being delivered on Monday.

The wife and I went out Saturday for lunch and 5 minutes after ordering food I got a text saying they had delivered the package a day early, like they were proud of it! The problem is since we were not at home it was placed street side outside our locked gate. We cut lunch short to get home quick and luckily the package was still there.

Edited on Feb 20, 2023 at 12:14 PM · View previous versions

Feb 20, 2023 at 12:00 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

1bwana1
• • • • • •
p.6 #11 · p.6 #11 · Fedex is the worst!!!

On Friday evening my Wife and I were in the Kitchen/Family room when we heard a big bang on the front door. We looked out the front window and there was the FedEx guy just 1/2 way down the walk from the street to the house. He had thrown a package from there onto the front porch and it had hit the door hard. We opened the door and sure enough there was the box with big stickers all over it saying "Fragile - Glass". Luckily it was from a glass container vendor to one of my Wife's suppliers and was packed very well inside so nothing broke.

I wonder how a non fragile-glass box would have been handled. These guys just don't care.

Feb 20, 2023 at 12:12 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.6 #12 · p.6 #12 · Fedex is the worst!!!

1bwana1 wrote:
On Friday evening my Wife and I were in the Kitchen/Family room when we heard a big bang on the front door. We looked out the front window and there was the FedEx guy just 1/2 way down the walk from the street to the house. He had thrown a package from there onto the front porch and it had hit the door hard. We opened the door and sure enough there was the box with big stickers all over it saying "Fragile - Glass". Luckily it was from a glass container vendor to one of my Wife's suppliers and
...Show more

He most probably deliberately did that BECAUSE it said "Fragile - Glass" on the box.

Feb 20, 2023 at 12:34 PM
leo11877
• • •
p.6 #13 · p.6 #13 · Fedex is the worst!!!

Feb 08, 2024 at 12:29 PM
ghs007

p.6 #14 · p.6 #14 · Fedex is the worst!!!

FedEx is 100% better than UPS in my case.

Feb 12, 2024 at 09:27 PM
dcisive
• • •
p.6 #15 · p.6 #15 · Fedex is the worst!!!

Ordered a ton of gear over the last few years from B&H always having it sent "Priority Overnight" to assure a somewhat better chance of next day delivery. They only let me down ONCE! There was a blizzard and ice storm that hit the main depots it came from along the way. otherwise it's has reliably been delivered with a smile to a driver I know personally in my rural area the following day it was was ordered. Always arriving without so much as a fingerprint on it. UPS is ok although I rarely get much from them. USPS is very reliable where I am so no complaints about them either. But if it's a camera or lens it's FedX Priority Overnight each and every time thank you.

Feb 12, 2024 at 10:23 PM
liggy
• • •
p.6 #16 · p.6 #16 · Fedex is the worst!!!

I forgot if I had chipped in on this thread or not but I found out that there is a big distinction between FedEx Air and Ground.

I've had the worst experiences with Ground. Apparently according to an Air driver many of the Ground workers are contract workers and just do not give a flying F.

Feb 13, 2024 at 02:08 AM
AZHeaven
• • •
p.6 #17 · p.6 #17 · Fedex is the worst!!!

liggy wrote:
I forgot if I had chipped in on this thread or not but I found out that there is a big distinction between FedEx Air and Ground.

I've had the worst experiences with Ground. Apparently according to an Air driver many of the Ground workers are contract workers and just do not give a flying F.

Yes. There used to be a distinction between air and ground. At least in the past. Training a courier in the past was a long process. The past decade or so? Not so much. Starting in June of this year Air will basically cease to exist. Ground will be getting everything except the First Overnight packages. There will be no longer Air, Ground or Freight. All one company. As for Ground? Saying they don't give a flying F? You are being far too kind!! Not all Ground drivers are like that but a majority of them are uncaring.

My buddy, now retired from FedEx Express still gets calls from customers about a package not being delivered. His route was an extend area route. All of us former employees now retired meet once a month for breakfast to discuss many a thing, but always goes towards what the F happened to our wonderful company.

Oh, tell your Air driver that if they offer a buyout? Take it without hesitation. From what I hear Express drivers will not be going to Ground. I have friends still in Express that don't know what their future holds.

Feb 13, 2024 at 07:30 AM
liggy
• • •
p.6 #18 · p.6 #18 · Fedex is the worst!!!

@AZHeaven@ -

Yikes! That sounds like a worst case scenario. Glad youíre out at least.

Iíve not seen my pal for a year so we havenít had the chance to catch up.

When MBAs run companies purely by numbers this is what happens.

Feb 13, 2024 at 10:42 AM
Abuttolph
• • •
p.6 #19 · p.6 #19 · Fedex is the worst!!!

The FedEx drivers where I live are quite good at the moment, but have been absolutely horrible in the past. The drivers are not the only people who work at FedEx though - the people who work in the distribution centers can be responsible for much of the damage that takes place to packages. We have joked around for years that FedEx puts all packages through a box crusher.

We had a FedEx freight delivery several weeks ago and the item arrived safe and sound. We talked with the driver for a while about the number of damaged boxes that come through the regular FedEx delivery. He said that he worked in the distribution center in Pendleton (where all of our packages go through) for quite some time. His description of the people working there was "a bunch of hungover 20-year-olds driving forklifts." I guess that pretty much sums up the reason for so much damage.

Feb 13, 2024 at 11:18 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.