New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              5       6       end

Fedex is the worst!!!

leo11877
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fedex is the worst!!!

Out of all the shipping providers Fedex is hands down the worst!

Almost every single package they have delivered they falsely create an exception saying no one was available for signature without even ringing the door. On top of that, they take another 2-3 days to redeliver the package, so what should take about 3 days now is a 1+ week saga!!!

Oct 21, 2020 at 03:53 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fedex is the worst!!!

I find UPS the worst. Right now I'm waiting on a couple SDSC cards from Adorama, that were supposed to be delivered yesterday according to UPS. Recently I've had a couple UPS hiccups like this and I don't like it -- their tracking is an nightmare and frequently you find they are passing over to USPS for delivery without any notation saying so. Grrrrr!

I'm still a fan of USPS Priority Mail tracking and delivery.

Oct 21, 2020 at 03:59 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fedex is the worst!!!

Signature? UPS/USPS/Fedex are all terrible nowadays. They hurl my packages at the door, claim packages were delivered that were not, and others are missing in action. I only wish they would require a signature for some iteme.

EBH

Oct 21, 2020 at 04:08 PM
leo11877
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fedex is the worst!!!

USPS priority is best. Even if they miss delivery for signature, it's still easier for me to go to the local PO and collect the package next day. UPS drivers near me seem to be more responsible it seems. They always knock on the door to collect signatures.

Oct 21, 2020 at 04:35 PM
Dave Sanders
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fedex is the worst!!!

As a Canadian, count me as a fan of the USPS as well. They have among the best duty/tax management and payment and they leave parcels at a local Canada Post outlet if you're not home.

Generally, for city centre urban dwellers like me, UPS and FedEx aren't great. If you miss them they don't have depots anywhere close so you have to wait for the next delivery attempt or drive somewhere for pickup.

Oct 21, 2020 at 05:58 PM
vdo1
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fedex is the worst!!!

Oct 21, 2020 at 06:08 PM
Dave Sanders
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fedex is the worst!!!

vdo1 wrote:

Hahaha that's great. Ridiculous, of course, but feels accurate at times.

Oct 21, 2020 at 06:14 PM
mike_the_kraken
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fedex is the worst!!!

This is likely area dependent. Where I’m located, FedEx & UPS have a max 1 business day delay for missed deliveries (2 days over weekends/holidays) while USPS has predictable delays of 5 business days before the first attempted delivery. Even when Amazon ships using [Amazon, UPS, FedEx, other] and hands off to USPS for “last-mile” delivery, it always adds an additional day (and misses the 2-day prime delivery window).

Oct 21, 2020 at 07:23 PM
nhsonyshooter
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fedex is the worst!!!

It's more about the delivery person that covers your area and not about the company most of the time. I can tell when my normal person is not doing the route. First world problems we are talking about here

Oct 21, 2020 at 07:41 PM
ross attix
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fedex is the worst!!!

I have to agree about Fedex. I used to think they were great, but no more. Last December, well before COVID, I was waiting for a package from Toronto (to Philadelphia, PA USA). The package was coming Fedex Ground.

Everyday it was showing as “Out for delivery.”, but about 5-6pm it would change to “Delivery exception.”

I called customer service, but it did not help. The next day, same drill. Twelve days later it arrived.

Oct 21, 2020 at 07:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jharter
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fedex is the worst!!!

I must disagree. In my town, Fedex is probably the best. The delivery guy calls me by my first name. UPS has more delivery people but they are all fine. The USPS is also good. I can't complain about any of them and to the contrary think they are all great.

Oct 21, 2020 at 10:26 PM
Timothy OConn
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Fedex is the worst!!!

Ha - be thankful you don't have to deal with Australia Post. Normally I get packages from Japan and the US much much quicker than parcels within my own state.

Oct 21, 2020 at 11:42 PM
letchhausen

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Fedex is the worst!!!

I used to like Fedex, they got stuff to my door when UPS would deliver it to my neighbor. Then in January I flew down to LA to make some RA4 color prints for a show here in Seattle. I put the prints in a tube at the Fedex store and insured them for a $1000 (If the prints sold they were worth far more than that but I was basically insuring them for the cost of my trip.) Fedex showed up at my door with the tube broken in half and the prints destroyed. I opened an insurance case and gave them a sales receipt showing how much my prints would be worth. They never contacted me and when I contacted them they said they closed the case for abandonment. I asked them what that meant and they were unclear. I reopened the case and sent them shots from a recent show that had my prints on the wall and you could see the price tags. They closed that case and I called again and they ran me around and said someone would call me. No one ever did. Then the pandemic happened and I was too tired and stressed to deal and gave up. But I will never ship with Fedex again. I've had problems with UPS in the past as well. I send everything USPS.

What galls me is that at the very least the morons should refund me the packaging and shipping. Nothing.

Oct 22, 2020 at 12:29 AM
Alan Parker
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Fedex is the worst!!!

What I don't get personally is that there's more and more delivery companies popping up here and instead of trying to bring better service than the competition every single one of these companies seems to want to prove just who is the worst at service... it's bizarro world out there honestly. It makes me do most of my shopping at brick and mortar stores.

Oct 22, 2020 at 01:16 AM
genji
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Fedex is the worst!!!

When the Japanese EMS service stopped delivering to Australia because of the pandemic, a number of Japanese eBay sellers switched to FedEx they’ve provided consistently excellent service: customs charges were handled efficiently and, if I have been at home to accept the package, it’s automatically delivered to a pickup point ten minutes walk from my house. UPS has been equally good.

Oct 22, 2020 at 05:09 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Fedex is the worst!!!

Best to worst from my experience:

1. UPS
2. Amazon Delivery
3. FedEx
4. USPS
5. DHL

UPS so far had not even once a mis-delivery in many years. Amazon Delivery only once dropped a package at my neighbor's house. FedEx can be a hassle in my area - drop-off times are very inconvenient for professionals to be at home, and pick-up locations are quite far away and inconvenient to get to. Much worse website than UPS to reschedule delivery. I had many bad experiences with USPS in recent years ranging from missing and misplaced letters to damaged packages. It has become so unreliable that I am not going to send something of importance domestically with USPS. DHL is the worst - just made another bad experience with them when I had a package shipped to Germany via USPS and then with DHL in Germany. I can confirm many of the bad reviews they receive: package was misplaced for > 3 weeks in Frankfurt, and it only helped to send a formal inquiry to have it tracked what happened. I was told the address label was incorrect which proved totally incorrect as answer. Suddenly the package was delivered without further notice or response to the inquiry. It was not held back at customs either.

Oct 22, 2020 at 07:27 AM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Fedex is the worst!!!

I have had both great and horrid service from all carriers. When I order a high dollar product, I either have it delivered to my work, or held at either FedEx or UPS locations.

Oct 22, 2020 at 08:03 AM
Sinasina
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Fedex is the worst!!!

There are bad apples at every shipping/postal service.

Oct 22, 2020 at 11:00 AM
bjhurley
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Fedex is the worst!!!

Dave Sanders wrote:
As a Canadian, count me as a fan of the USPS as well. They have among the best duty/tax management and payment and they leave parcels at a local Canada Post outlet if you're not home.

True, but (especially now with Covid) the delays once it's with Canada Post can be pretty incredible. A parcel shipped to me in May from Toronto (a 6-hour drive from me) arrived in July, and a lens I ordered on eBay that was shipped by USPS from Colorado took 6 weeks. I recently ordered another lens from a US source on eBay and was notified a week ago that it had cleared customs in Canada but who knows when it'll be delivered...it could be tomorrow or it could be December.

In contrast, lenses I've ordered from Japan arrive in 3-4 days via FedEx.

Oct 22, 2020 at 11:18 AM
Dave Sanders
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Fedex is the worst!!!

bjhurley wrote:
True, but (especially now with Covid) the delays once it's with Canada Post can be pretty incredible. A parcel shipped to me in May from Toronto (a 6-hour drive from me) arrived in July, and a lens I ordered on eBay that was shipped by USPS from Colorado took 6 weeks. I recently ordered another lens from a US source on eBay and was notified a week ago that it had cleared customs in Canada but who knows when it'll be delivered...it could be tomorrow or it could be December.

In contrast, lenses I've ordered from Japan arrive in 3-4 days
...Show more

Good to know! The only lens I've bought since covid hit has been a Sigma 45/2.8 and I bought that locally, so, yeah. I'm currently looking for a Nikon F3 HP so I'll stick to the Japanese sellers that don't use Canada Post haha.

Oct 22, 2020 at 11:33 AM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.