New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

New Godox AD1200 Pack Ring Flash

Creative Edge
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New Godox AD1200 Pack Ring Flash

Had a chance to try out this new ring flash while on a track this past weekend. Love the ability to do HSS with the Pentax 645z and this ring flash. Love the power and portability of this set up. I can use it with the standard head and various reflectors and now with a ring flash... gotta love what Godox is doing

Mud Sweat Gears

Sep 11, 2020 at 08:05 AM
Tristanstudios
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New Godox AD1200 Pack Ring Flash

Very interesting! I have an ad1200 as well and have been debating whether to get the ring flash. It's an easy decision right now as it isn't in stock anywhere. How did you get your hands on one?!

Sep 11, 2020 at 09:28 AM
Creative Edge
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New Godox AD1200 Pack Ring Flash

I can tell you it is worth getting, I often use a ring flash as a fill light.
I got it through Adorama, Flashpoint is their rebadged version of the Godox.
I like the idea should something ever go wrong with it, Adorama is who I deal with..

Sep 11, 2020 at 09:55 AM
neoshazam
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New Godox AD1200 Pack Ring Flash

The Adorama branded version (Flashpoint Xplor 1200 ) went on sale again and I just bought one.
Hopefully able to round up some models to use it.

Oct 30, 2021 at 03:36 PM
Creative Edge
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New Godox AD1200 Pack Ring Flash

neoshazam wrote:
The Adorama branded version (Flashpoint Xplor 1200 ) went on sale again and I just bought one.

you will love it, I am tempted to buy a second one

Nov 11, 2021 at 01:47 PM
mdvaden
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New Godox AD1200 Pack Ring Flash

neoshazam wrote:

I just learned of that light yesterday during random browsing. Coupling 2 x Xplor 600 units could work although not quite the tidy rectangle of the 1200 box.

Just bought another XPLOR 600 HSS on sale for $349 w/ a free GLOW EZ 48 in. softbox. The price is so good, I'm pondering a 3rd one. I don't shoot TTL and even though a 300 Pro is more compact, the menu is so much simpler on the 600 and weight difference isn't that far apart.

But no 1200 ring flash option that I see comparable to use with 600 models

Nov 13, 2021 at 02:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

neoshazam
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New Godox AD1200 Pack Ring Flash

mdvaden wrote:
I just learned of that light yesterday during random browsing. Coupling 2 x Xplor 600 units could work although not quite the tidy rectangle of the 1200 box.

Just bought another XPLOR 600 HSS on sale for $349 w/ a free GLOW EZ 48 in. softbox. The price is so good, I'm pondering a 3rd one. I don't shoot TTL and even though a 300 Pro is more compact, the menu is so much simpler on the 600 and weight difference isn't that far apart.

But no 1200 ring flash option that I see comparable to use with 600 models

I have those too I might have a lighting and modifier hording problem.
The pack and head benefits are : the 1 "pack/battery" is easier to deal with than 2, 0.5 seconds faster recycle at full power, horse shoe shape bulb instead of 2 "u" shaped bulbs,

That said if they made a 1200 watt xplor pro extension head that plugged into 2 pro packs to get 1200W seconds in 1 second of recycle with the same benefits I'd probably put up with the 2 packs for that recycle speed.

Nov 17, 2021 at 10:39 AM
mdvaden
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New Godox AD1200 Pack Ring Flash

neoshazam wrote:
I have those too I might have a lighting and modifier hording problem.
The pack and head benefits are : the 1 "pack/battery" is easier to deal with than 2, 0.5 seconds faster recycle at full power, horse shoe shape bulb instead of 2 "u" shaped bulbs,

That said if they made a 1200 watt xplor pro extension head that plugged into 2 pro packs to get 1200W seconds in 1 second of recycle with the same benefits I'd probably put up with the 2 packs for that recycle speed.

I may get a "free" 1200w extension in the next few days. It's part of a PARTS "as is" bundle off Ebay via KEH. There's no promise the stuff works and none was tested. It also means any of the parts could work. What had me interested most for the $95 cost was the battery pack and 600 bulb, or the AC adapter.

The 1200w double extension could be expendable.

Nov 18, 2021 at 12:13 AM
mdvaden
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New Godox AD1200 Pack Ring Flash

The "PARTS" in the photo arrived yesterday.

Learned that everything works. The bulb, the AC adapter and battery. I have no bulb to test the 1200ws attachment, but it probably works fine. The modeling lamp did turn on when I attached one XPLOR 600 to one of the two connectors. The rest is mostly cable and insulation and visually it looks fine.

I have no need for the 1200ws part and pondered giving it away is someone covers shipping. But I suppose there's a chance to find a deal on a 1200ws tube in the same way this parts package appeared.

Nov 24, 2021 at 05:24 PM
Olin555

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New Godox AD1200 Pack Ring Flash

Creative Edge wrote:
Had a chance to try out this new ring flash while on a track this past weekend. Love the ability to do HSS with the Pentax 645z and this ring flash. Love the power and portability of this set up. I can use it with the standard head and various reflectors and now with a ring flash... gotta love what Godox is doing

Hey!
Very interesting about the Pentax 645Z - can it work in HSS mode with this flash? What transmitter are you using?

Dec 30, 2021 at 05:09 AM
Creative Edge
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · New Godox AD1200 Pack Ring Flash

Olin555 wrote:
Hey!
Very interesting about the Pentax 645Z - can it work in HSS mode with this flash? What transmitter are you using?

yes it does work, I use the flashpoint R2 Pro Mark II for pentax

Dec 30, 2021 at 07:28 AM
PShizzy
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · New Godox AD1200 Pack Ring Flash

It certainly isn't exactly the same, but the ADR400 is the original ring flash by Godox. I purchased a used one, and while it is quirky, it works well, packs up somewhat well, and is affordable.

As a fill, it does fine. As a main (if you're into that), it may not be enough power.

Jan 26, 2022 at 05:07 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password