New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              25      
       end

FM Review: Sony FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM

TimWildAstro

Upload & Sell: Off
p.26 #1 · p.26 #1 · FM Review: Sony FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM

No I meant still put the object in each corner, but it's not vital to rotate it if you don't want to. It might be worth corner focusing as well as centre focusing, although my 12-24 doesn't have bad field curvature. My 14mm GM is awful in the corners if I run this test with centre focusing, but it's okay ish with corner focusing (field curvature is often not uniform/symmetrical). So for corner focusing I'd stick the object in a corner, focus there, then keep that focus & put the object in the other corners.

May 16, 2022 at 08:13 AM
chrisd999

p.26 #2 · p.26 #2 · FM Review: Sony FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM

Got it. Thanks!

May 16, 2022 at 06:59 PM
Petegh
• •
p.26 #3 · p.26 #3 · FM Review: Sony FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM

chrisd999 wrote:
I'm looking to buy a "brand new in box" 12-24GM at a decent discount from a local seller later today. If it is as good as I hope, it will replace my Laowa 12mm, and 16-35GM. But after reading this thread I'm nervous as hell that I'll be stuck with a decentered or soft copy that I can't return.

As this is an in-person meet-up, the seller will give me 15 minutes max to inspect and test it on my A7RIV before buying it. I've seen Fred's decentering test, but given that I'll be in person with the seller, I'm not
...Show more

I'd be suspicious of any seller that puts a time limit on you...sounds like they might have something to hide. It takes hours of work to properly evaluate a new lens, especially a zoom lens, where four corner infinity tests are not enough to pick up all the wierd things that can go on with zooms: you need a range of 3D deep-DOF scenes for that.

May 17, 2022 at 06:33 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password