Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              8      
       10       end

Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #1 · p.9 #1 · Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

hmzimelka wrote:
Its a great lens!

This lens needs a new housing, even with the same optical formula, I'd be all over it again. Mine got damaged, and I've considered re-purchasing it far too many times... its just a lens from an era where Cosina had more QC issues, so I'm hesitant chancing a bad copy... my original lens wasn't perfect either

Agree, just make it brass painted black! This lens is often overlooked, but it's as sharp as the 35/2 Ultron. Nice rendering too.

Oct 05, 2023 at 10:32 AM
ottokbre
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.9 #2 · p.9 #2 · Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

I've had the 35/2.5 LTM Skopar longer than any other lens in my current collection. It is the lens I would stress test FF mirrorless cameras with.

I always liked how it would render on APS-C and still use it with a Fuji from time to time.

Oct 05, 2023 at 10:50 AM
ReleaseDrive
• •
p.9 #3 · p.9 #3 · Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

I use this lens on an A7II for several years. I know it degrades significantly due to the sensor stack but doesn't bother me. I just love using it and the rendering is still fantastic. Not as nice as my 35mm 1.7 but I often use it more. I really enjoy using it when I'm in the city especially...more so than my 40mm 2.5 Sony.

Oct 07, 2023 at 08:24 AM
geoffreyg
• •
p.9 #4 · p.9 #4 · Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

Like this lens very much on M10M. Good sharpness, edge to edge. Great tonality. A real steal but also a very good lens....

Oct 07, 2023 at 06:51 PM
hanay78
• • •
p.9 #5 · p.9 #5 · Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

Has anybody compared the performance of this lens in a leica-m with a modded sony body (think stack conversion)? Is the performance comparable?

Nov 12, 2023 at 09:45 AM
tri_fin
• •
p.9 #6 · p.9 #6 · Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

hanay78 wrote:
Has anybody compared the performance of this lens in a leica-m with a modded sony body (think stack conversion)? Is the performance comparable?

Hi, I use this lens on a modded Sony. I have not Ďtestedí the lens or compared it on a Leica body but I really enjoy using it and have zero issues.

Nov 13, 2023 at 06:18 AM
bjhurley
• • •
p.9 #7 · p.9 #7 · Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

Color-Skopar 35/2.5 LTM on Canon P with Ilford Pan-F.

It was dark and snowing, and Pan-F is ISO 50 so the aperture was close to wide open for this shot.

Parc Frédéric-Back by Brad Hurley, on Flickr

Nov 23, 2023 at 07:38 AM
Jepser
• •
p.9 #8 · p.9 #8 · Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

Voigtlšnder Color-Skopar 35mm on Leica IIIG. Tri-X. Red filter(?)

DSC_4886_small by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr

Dec 19, 2023 at 06:10 AM
tri_fin
• •
p.9 #9 · p.9 #9 · Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

Has anyone tried an alternative hood with this lens? I want to try the LH-12 (made for Ultron 35mm) but not sure if it will vignette.

Thanks.

Jan 25, 2024 at 05:38 PM
Jepser
• •
p.9 #10 · p.9 #10 · Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

I have a realy cheap ventilated summilux-style screw on lens hood which I use somtimes when the sun is harsh. Does not vignette.

Jan 26, 2024 at 05:05 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jepser
• •
p.9 #11 · p.9 #11 · Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

Forgot that I tried it on my nikon Zf. SOOC. Nothing special, just wanted to see how it would look. Same old LTM version.

DSC_1241_cs35 by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr

Jan 26, 2024 at 05:12 AM
robsonj
• • •
p.9 #12 · p.9 #12 · Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

I've had this lens for a little while, mainly bought it for its diminutive size to travel with. It makes an M body almost pocketable. But I hadn't shot with it much, mainly because I hadn't done much traveling and also have a 35fle, so that's what I reach for. But in the last couple of weeks I gave the lens more of a work out, and... I'm impressed, It's gained my trust and I'll look to use it more, as a result I was thinking of picking up the 40 1.4 MC, same tiny size.

M11

Untitled by Jonathan Robson, on Flickr

M11

M11m

Edited on Jan 26, 2024 at 03:22 PM · View previous versions

Jan 26, 2024 at 08:28 AM
tri_fin
• •
p.9 #13 · p.9 #13 · Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

Lovely pics. I understand ignoring this lens, itís cheap and slow easy to overlook! But as your pictures show - it is a beautiful lens. I have tried many lens over past four years and it is truly special. I think it was more expensive people would respect it more or maybe if it was a Leica

Jan 26, 2024 at 08:54 AM
robsonj
• • •
p.9 #14 · p.9 #14 · Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

tri_fin wrote:
Lovely pics. I understand ignoring this lens, itís cheap and slow easy to overlook! But as your pictures show - it is a beautiful lens. I have tried many lens over past four years and it is truly special. I think it was more expensive people would respect it more or maybe if it was a Leica

You're 100% correct. I have a similar relationship with the CV 21 f/4.0, which I've also had some great shots from, though I think the 35 skopar is special in its own right, and at its cost, most M shooters should own. The 21 and this 35 or the 40 are about as compact of a wide-ish 2 lens kit you can get... no camera bag necessary.

Jan 26, 2024 at 09:40 AM
tri_fin
• •
p.9 #15 · p.9 #15 · Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

robsonj wrote:
You're 100% correct. I have a similar relationship with the CV 21 f/4.0, which I've also had some great shots from, though I think the 35 skopar is special in its own right, and at its cost, most M shooters should own. The 21 and this 35 or the 40 are about as compact of a wide-ish 2 lens kit you can get... no camera bag necessary.

Interesting. What do you shoot the 21/4 with? I have a 21/3.5 that I am in the process of selling. I donít like it at all, itís a very good lens but too sharp and contrasty for me. I heard the earlier 21/4 was awful on digital? I have also read that the 25 snapshot skopar is rubbish on digital. I have a modded Sony and I think the older ones would be fine for meÖEdit: I prefer the look of the older ltm skopars, ideally Iíd like the 25mm snapshot to work with my modded Sony but the only feedback I have found is that the 21/4 & 25 are bad on early digital cams.

I also have 50/2.5 skopar ltm which I love, I find it like the 35mm - sharp but also beautiful. The recent 28mm & 90mm are nice but not quite like the 35/50mm skoparsÖ

Edited on Jan 26, 2024 at 02:43 PM · View previous versions

Jan 26, 2024 at 10:39 AM
hanay78
• • •
p.9 #16 · p.9 #16 · Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

is it usable in the nikon?

Jepser wrote:

Forgot that I tried it on my nikon Zf. SOOC. Nothing special, just wanted to see how it would look. Same old LTM version.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53336405162_b7a3a2073a_b.jpgDSC_1241_cs35 by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr

Jan 26, 2024 at 02:01 PM
nehemiahphoto
• • • •
p.9 #17 · p.9 #17 · Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

robsonj wrote:
I've had this lens for a little while, mainly bought it for its diminutive size to travel with. It makes an M body almost pocketable. But I hadn't shot with it much, mainly because I hadn't done much traveling and also have a 35fle, so that's what I reach for. But in the last couple of weeks I gave the lens more of a work out, and... I'm impressed, It's gained my trust and I'll look to use it more, as a result I was thinking of picking up the 40 1.4 MC, same tiny size.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53463794170_29edae351d_h.jpg
Untitled by Jonathan Robson, on
...Show more

Gorgeous.

Jan 26, 2024 at 02:03 PM
nehemiahphoto
• • • •
p.9 #18 · p.9 #18 · Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

tri_fin wrote:
I am continuing to use this lens along with the 28mm & 90mm skopars. I have really enjoyed it. It somewhat reminds of a vintage lens in terms of tones and texture. I really enjoy the older Leica lens for their tonal ranges - gentle/ soft but yet still having sharpness. But with it being a new lens I have no age related issues and it weighs and costs very little. I have found that I prefer the skopars over the ultrons which I found too harsh in their rendering (excellent otherwise). The 35/2.5 has character wide open and grace
...Show more

What a lovely photo. Geez. Great work

Jan 26, 2024 at 02:39 PM
Jepser
• •
p.9 #19 · p.9 #19 · Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

hanay78 wrote:
is it usable in the nikon?

As far as my short test perfectly usable on the Zf , the 25/4.0 Snapshot-skopar not so much.

Jan 26, 2024 at 02:44 PM
robsonj
• • •
p.9 #20 · p.9 #20 · Any love for the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 PII pancake?

tri_fin wrote:
Interesting. What do you shoot the 21/4 with? I have a 21/3.5 that I am in the process of selling. I donít like it at all, itís a very good lens but too sharp and contrasty for me. I heard the earlier 21/4 was awful on digital? I have also read that the 25 snapshot skopar is rubbish on digital. I have a modded Sony and I think the older ones would be fine for meÖEdit: I prefer the look of the older ltm skopars, ideally Iíd like the 25mm snapshot to work with my modded Sony but the only
...Show more

Well, I haven't used it much, I need to use it more, I certainly haven't tried it on the m11's yet. Interestingly I did think the 35 skopar performed better on the m11 than on my older m10r (since sold)...

Gunter Cabin by Jonathan Robson, on Flickr

Edited on Jan 26, 2024 at 03:25 PM · View previous versions

Jan 26, 2024 at 03:19 PM
       10       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

10       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.