New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

X-Pro3 Sub Monitor

JF89
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · X-Pro3 Sub Monitor

Just happened to me, pulled it out of the bag and the sub monitor looked lke the "ink" had exploded, LCD was working fine, word has it that the LCD will fail next, so not taking the chance I sent it in right away. They have it now, $421 repair out of warranty. For that price I imagine its the whole part they are replacing which makes sense as its all tied together

Update: shipped it last Monday, on the way back today. So thats a quick turn around. Regardless , great camera, hope it was just a random act of a bad cable. 3 month warranty on the repair. Not going to worry about it, if it happens again then maybe it is a bad design and just not able to take pro use. Be a shame, files and camera handleing are wonderful.

Onward

May 09, 2022 at 07:55 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · X-Pro3 Sub Monitor

Well that's not good. Was this due to a defective batch of screens? Or is this a design flaw that will happen again at $421/repair?

May 11, 2022 at 05:10 PM
JF89
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · X-Pro3 Sub Monitor

They did not/would not say. Beleive me, I wish I had a better explanation. Said it was not a common issue, very few incidents. Just going to roll with it, 90 day warranty on the repair. Will keep a closer eye on the cable tho.

May 11, 2022 at 08:59 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · X-Pro3 Sub Monitor

JF89 wrote:
They did not/would not say. Beleive me, I wish I had a better explanation. Said it was not a common issue, very few incidents. Just going to roll with it, 90 day warranty on the repair. Will keep a closer eye on the cable tho.

Well seeing there have been 2 occurrences on this website. Hmm. And mfg always say a problem is not a common issue! Do you flip down the screen often (not that you shouldn't be doing this!)?

May 12, 2022 at 11:12 AM
JF89
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · X-Pro3 Sub Monitor

Not that often , Use it mostly when I tether or shoot enviro exec portraits.

Use the Xp2s when more aggressive handling is needed,

May 12, 2022 at 11:21 AM
Desmolicious
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · X-Pro3 Sub Monitor

I don't know if I should be expecting more from Fuji, but a 90 day warranty on a $421 repair that was no fault of the owner (possible design flaw?) does not sound like much.

The more I use the Xp3, the more I like it. And man are the lenses amazing!

May 13, 2022 at 10:28 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · X-Pro3 Sub Monitor

Big mistake I made when I sold all my Fuji gear, especially the Xp3. And I echo your assessment of the lenses. All that remains is my X100V, now on its way to Fuji repair in NJ with a frozen shutter release button. Also out of warranty. That won't be cheap. In any case, thanks for the head's up, Des, as I've been chomping at the bit for another Xp3 and the new 23/1.4. Anthony

Jun 01, 2022 at 03:31 PM
specLegacy

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · X-Pro3 Sub Monitor

Mine just failed a week ago. Thought maybe I was in the clear after owning the camera for two years

Jul 06, 2022 at 03:32 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · X-Pro3 Sub Monitor

specLegacy wrote:
Mine just failed a week ago. Thought maybe I was in the clear after owning the camera for two years

Even though this shouldn't matter, did you flip it down a lot? Trying to figure out how to extend the life of these things.
Does really seem like a design/mfg flaw.

Jul 08, 2022 at 12:15 PM
specLegacy

p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · X-Pro3 Sub Monitor

Desmolicious wrote:
Even though this shouldn't matter, did you flip it down a lot? Trying to figure out how to extend the life of these things.
Does really seem like a design/mfg flaw.

My image count is less than 9000, and not much chimping.

Jul 08, 2022 at 08:55 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · X-Pro3 Sub Monitor

specLegacy wrote:
My image count is less than 9000, and not much chimping.

That is not good.

Jul 09, 2022 at 11:24 AM
atriot

p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · X-Pro3 Sub Monitor

My main screen failed within the first two weeks of ownership, the sub monitor appears to be okay - for now.

Jul 23, 2022 at 01:13 PM
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password