FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              21      
       end

Best Memory Card for R5

rslhc
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.22 #1 · p.22 #1 · Best Memory Card for R5

Hey all, is there a cliff-notes version to the 21 pages of info here? New R5 owner here looking for direction on a card. Im a stills shooter who does a bit of everything including some sports. I'd like to shoot a little 4k 120 here and there. No intention of shooting 8k. Im really only needing about a 128gb card and I have been a long Tim Sandisk Extreme Pro user. But some preliminary research seems that that's not a great choice. Are there any good smaller cards or do I need to get into the 500gb~ range for something good?

May 14, 2022 at 02:17 AM
tiggy
• •
p.22 #2 · p.22 #2 · Best Memory Card for R5

Short version for your use case: <500gb are typically slower, but the cards are fast enough you arenít going to notice much for stills. The price per gb, though, is much, much better at 500gb or greater.

Delkin Power cards are most often to be best deal, although Angelbird and Wise offer sales at same or lower price per Gb. Owning them all, build appears fine. Delkin and Angelbird are unusually good on service, with guarantees and fast responses. Havenít had enough time with Wise to judge.

May 14, 2022 at 03:52 AM
John Daniel
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.22 #3 · p.22 #3 · Best Memory Card for R5

A recent CfF express cards analysis: https://petapixel.com/2022/05/13/the-best-cfexpress-memory-cards-in-2022/

JD

May 14, 2022 at 04:26 AM
rslhc
• • •
p.22 #4 · p.22 #4 · Best Memory Card for R5

Great. Thank you to both of you for your replies. Both very helpful!

May 14, 2022 at 08:51 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password