Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2020 · Godox AD1200 pack announced!

rscheffler
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Godox AD1200 pack announced!

Tristanstudios wrote:
That's all I can think of right now but if anyone has any specific questions just fire away.

Did you buy it from B&H or locally in Ontario? I.e. Vistek, etc.

Aug 26, 2020 at 11:57 PM
Tristanstudios
• •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Godox AD1200 pack announced!

rscheffler wrote:
Did you buy it from B&H or locally in Ontario? I.e. Vistek, etc.

Got it from Strobepro in Calgary. Was the best price and free shipping atm .

Aug 27, 2020 at 09:42 AM
Creative Edge
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Godox AD1200 pack announced!

used on location with the new Ring flash head.. love this pack..
taken with the Pentax 645z and HSS

Mud Sweat Gears

Sep 11, 2020 at 07:55 AM
rico
• • • • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Godox AD1200 pack announced!

Creative Edge wrote:
used on location with the new Ring flash head.. love this pack..

Awesome results! Always nice to have that much energy on tap.

Sep 11, 2020 at 07:26 PM
white
• •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Godox AD1200 pack announced!

I got mine from The Camera Store in Calgary. Fits in with my 5x 600AD Pro and 4x 200AD and all talk together.

Oct 19, 2020 at 12:37 AM
StoryInPictures
• •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Godox AD1200 pack announced!

Adorama has the AD 1200 on “Black Friday” sale (I think till Monday) for $1190 and they are including an extra battery. It’s a pretty good discount.

Nov 29, 2020 at 04:10 AM
Creative Edge
• • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Godox AD1200 pack announced!

StoryInPictures wrote:
Adorama has the AD 1200 on “Black Friday” sale (I think till Monday) for $1190 and they are including an extra battery. It’s a pretty good discount.

cant believe I missed that

Dec 02, 2020 at 11:15 AM
joel dowling
• •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Godox AD1200 pack announced!

Creative Edge wrote:
cant believe I missed that

Try bidding on Greentoe.

Dec 02, 2020 at 03:05 PM
Conner999
• • • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Godox AD1200 pack announced!

Anyone with the R1200 RF for the 1200Pro, is the protective/US glass removable from the standard removable shroud?

The intent is to create a version of the Bron RingFlash P for Bron Paras where the RF sports just the protective glass, not any shroud, exposing the tube in its entirety.

Dec 23, 2020 at 11:12 AM
StoryInPictures
• •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Godox AD1200 pack announced!

I don’t have it, but from seeing the beauty dish attachment put on on the r1200 in a YouTube video, it seems the glass cover is removed revealing the bulb.

There are only a few r1200 videos on YouTube, so you could see all of them in a pretty short time.

Conner999 wrote:
Anyone with the R1200 RF for the 1200Pro, is the protective/US glass removable from the standard removable shroud?

The intent is to create a version of the Bron RingFlash P for Bron Paras where the RF sports just the protective glass, not any shroud, exposing the tube in its entirety.

Dec 23, 2020 at 02:58 PM
neoshazam
• • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · Godox AD1200 pack announced!

The Xplor 1200 w version seems to be on a deal at Adorama for ~$1200 instead of the normal $1600 , not sure how long.

It's tempting but I haven't shot enough recently to make it worthwhile and I get close enough to water that I'd want to set it on the stand a decent amount of time too.

Feb 15, 2021 at 04:54 PM
neoshazam
• • •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · Godox AD1200 pack announced!

neoshazam wrote:
The Xplor 1200 w version seems to be on a deal at Adorama for ~$1200 instead of the normal $1600 , not sure how long.

It's tempting but I haven't shot enough recently to make it worthwhile and I get close enough to water that I'd want to set it on the stand a decent amount of time too.

Quoting myself but this deal is happening again and I really like this product.

I should also point out that I got a nice troubleshooting call from Adorama this past monday.

For some reason my battery was indicating it was fully charged on the charger but wasn't powering up the pack.
I bought the AC adapter and it was firing up the pack no problem so I was confused.
The troubleshooting call advised what serves as an indicator on the battery also doubles as a button to help wake it up from sleep mode. Holding that down for a little bit it showed me it is fully charged like the charger said and then fired up the unit.

Feb 23, 2022 at 03:29 PM
PJphoto

p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · Godox AD1200 pack announced!

neoshazam wrote:
Quoting myself but this deal is happening again and I really like this product.

I should also point out that I got a nice troubleshooting call from Adorama this past monday.

For some reason my battery was indicating it was fully charged on the charger but wasn't powering up the pack.
I bought the AC adapter and it was firing up the pack no problem so I was confused.
The troubleshooting call advised what serves as an indicator on the battery also doubles as a button to help wake it up from sleep mode. Holding that down for a little
...Show more

Yet another reminder that if you're going to buy anything Godox in the US to buy it through Adorama for their after sales support. They really seem to be making an effort with Flashpoint, Clar et. al. Personally I wouldn't have invested in Godox/Flashpoint without it.

Feb 25, 2022 at 05:43 PM
neoshazam
• • •
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · Godox AD1200 pack announced!

Holy smokes, looks like Adorama has it on sale for $999 right now !
https://www.adorama.com/fplfx1200khb.html

I just shot a bunch last week and it was the star of the show.

Also this video was a great video for it and wasn't previously posted.
https://youtu.be/qPZcAr9ENjk

May 18, 2022 at 06:41 PM
rico
• • • • •
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · Godox AD1200 pack announced!

Great price! The video was effective in showing the shoot and the results, although not at all technical.

May 18, 2022 at 10:07 PM
JohnSil
• • •
p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · Godox AD1200 pack announced!

rico wrote:
Great price! The video was effective in showing the shoot and the results, although not at all technical.

The price is getting pretty good!
No, not technical but not a lot of tech involved but the photography was beautiful.
The big question is, was there anything done there that couldn't be done with any other 600ws system? She mentioned that in the forest the light was very far away and feathering. That could take some power but could the results be very close to the same by just moving the light closer?
I'll admit, the first time I did a night shoot with a P. Buff ABee, maybe 200ws, I couldn't figure out why it wasn't firing, until I realized it WAS firing, I just had it way to far away for it's minuscule 200ws!!! LoL
John

May 19, 2022 at 01:45 AM
sivendc

p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · Godox AD1200 pack announced!

neoshazam wrote:
Holy smokes, looks like Adorama has it on sale for $999 right now !
https://www.adorama.com/fplfx1200khb.html

I just shot a bunch last week and it was the star of the show.

Also this video was a great video for it and wasn't previously posted.
https://youtu.be/qPZcAr9ENjk

thx for sharing!

Jun 16, 2022 at 04:19 PM
StoryInPictures
• •
p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · Godox AD1200 pack announced!

JohnSil wrote:
If you look at the technical data, it shows her settings.

At one point she is shooting in burst mode at 1/8th power, which should allow 8 shots in rapid succession that would be limited to 4 with a 600WS unit (perhaps more if the capacitors get enough charge in the interval).

In the earlier images, many were at full power 1/1 and using a silver reflector. It did not look like there was a lot of extra space, so those required the 1200.

Using the pack to weight the stand is a convenience and the head is light. Otherwise,
...Show more

Jun 17, 2022 at 06:37 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.