Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2020 · Down the memory lane 2013 trip to Rajasthan - India

  
 
kdacharya
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Down the memory lane 2013 trip to Rajasthan - India


Hi Folks,
was going thru my archives and found some people pictures from my 2013 trip. I observed that the eyes for most of my subjects was not clear and white, but rather pale, discolored, etc. Hope this does not distract from the picture.
Since I am new to people photography please provide C&C so that I may improve.
Many thanks.





1- Young sepoy on guard





© kdacharya 2020


2 - manual labor no pun intended





© kdacharya 2020


3 - lady street vendor





© kdacharya 2020


4- guardian of the old structures called Chatries.





© kdacharya 2020


5 - sharpening scissors





© kdacharya 2020


6 camel attendant





© kdacharya 2020


7- staying warm





© kdacharya 2020


8 - peek a boo



Edited on Mar 28, 2020 at 01:30 PM · View previous versions



Mar 28, 2020 at 01:38 AM
AGeoJO
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Down the memory lane 2013 trip to Rajasthan - India


kdacharya wrote:
Hi Folks,
was going thru my archives and found some people pictures from my 2013 trip. I observed that the eyes for most of my subjects was not clear and white, but rather pale, discolored, etc. Hope this does not distract from the picture.
Since I am new to people photography please provide C&C so that I may improve.
Many thanks.


KD, you are not new to people photography judging by those wonderful pictures. You have been hiding your talent in that field. Just my honest opinion, although the woman in the first one is rendered fine, but somehow, I felt the composition is rather..., for lack of a better term, awkward. The others are superb and tick my boxes. I love the last image there. Thank you for sharing and I know this won't be your last post in this subforum.

Joshua



Mar 28, 2020 at 12:31 PM
kdacharya
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Down the memory lane 2013 trip to Rajasthan - India


AGeoJO wrote:
KD, you are not new to people photography judging by those wonderful pictures. You have been hiding your talent in that field. Just my honest opinion, although the woman in the first one is rendered fine, but somehow, I felt the composition is rather..., for lack of a better term, awkward. The others are superb and tick my boxes. I love the last image there. Thank you for sharing and I know this won't be your last post in this subforum.

Joshua


thanks Joshua. please see the replaced picture and I've posted another one of the previous subject later. Please advice if that has any merit. Appreciate the honest feedback

Edited on Mar 28, 2020 at 01:33 PM · View previous versions



Mar 28, 2020 at 01:31 PM
kdacharya
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Down the memory lane 2013 trip to Rajasthan - India


in response to Joshua, I have made another selection



© kdacharya 2020


demure and shy vegetable seller




Mar 28, 2020 at 01:32 PM
AGeoJO
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Down the memory lane 2013 trip to Rajasthan - India


Hi KD, I like the replacement image better! Not that I didnít like the previous one but somehow... Having done street photography in Asia, I completely understand the circumstances. It would be difficult for the person to look at you while a camera was pointed at her. Had she done that, like in #3, that image would have been a winner. Just my opinion, of course.


Mar 28, 2020 at 01:46 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Down the memory lane 2013 trip to Rajasthan - India


"KD"...most excellent images!!!! Just dead on exposures!!!!! I would love to see the guard in full just for a reference and viewing! Again great exposures and compositions!!
Dan



Mar 29, 2020 at 09:27 AM
kdacharya
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Down the memory lane 2013 trip to Rajasthan - India


AGeoJO wrote:
Hi KD, I like the replacement image better! Not that I didnít like the previous one but somehow... Having done street photography in Asia, I completely understand the circumstances. It would be difficult for the person to look at you while a camera was pointed at her. Had she done that, like in #3, that image would have been a winner. Just my opinion, of course.

thanks Joshua, you hit it on the head.



Mar 30, 2020 at 06:08 PM
birdied
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Down the memory lane 2013 trip to Rajasthan - India


Lovely set KD ! I love 6

Birdie



Mar 30, 2020 at 06:49 PM
kdacharya
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Down the memory lane 2013 trip to Rajasthan - India


Danpbphoto wrote:
"KD"...most excellent images!!!! Just dead on exposures!!!!! I would love to see the guard in full just for a reference and viewing! Again great exposures and compositions!!
Dan

thanks Dan. I will try and look for a fuller picture



Mar 30, 2020 at 07:05 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Down the memory lane 2013 trip to Rajasthan - India


kdacharya wrote:
thanks Dan. I will try and look for a fuller picture

Thank you "KD". I am always interested in my military brothers where ever they serve. I have a photo collage of posts here on FM for military men. If you can't find one..no problem!
Dan



Mar 31, 2020 at 09:30 AM
kdacharya
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Down the memory lane 2013 trip to Rajasthan - India


birdied wrote:
Lovely set KD ! I love 6

Birdie

thanks Birdie.



Apr 11, 2020 at 04:36 PM
bobbytan
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Down the memory lane 2013 trip to Rajasthan - India


What a great set, KD! My pick is #3. She is thinking something and I would really like to know what it is. Looks like she may have some doubts about you!


Apr 11, 2020 at 05:00 PM
kmunroe
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Down the memory lane 2013 trip to Rajasthan - India


i enjoyed them all KD


Apr 12, 2020 at 03:58 AM
birdied
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Down the memory lane 2013 trip to Rajasthan - India


Excellent set KD

Birdie



Apr 12, 2020 at 12:31 PM





FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.