Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Monthly Assignment 52 - Reflections
Deadline: September 1st noon UTC/GMT

MA Rules · Current entries

FM Forums | Monthly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2020 · #189 Proud to be "Orange"!

AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #189 Proud to be "Orange"!

This is a Vermillion Flycatcher that just landed on a branch high up in the tree. It then scanned the surrounding area for insects from that high vantage point. Captured at a local Wildlife Sanctuary in Orange County, CA.

Thank you for looking,
Joshua

© AGeoJO 2020

Vermillion Flycatcher

Jan 05, 2020 at 07:24 PM
Mado
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #189 Proud to be "Orange"!

Nice photo, but I thought that the rule says:" Your submission MUST be free of frames, signatures or borders".

Just wondering...

Jan 10, 2020 at 12:21 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #189 Proud to be "Orange"!

Mado wrote:
Nice photo, but I thought that the rule says:" Your submission MUST be free of frames, signatures or borders".

Just wondering...

Thank you! The actual image is without border; the border is added by this forum. Yes, I enabled that function by clicking at the appropriate box. The signature.... yes, I added that and if it is in violation of the rule then, Fred can remove or delete this entry. I remembered that border or frame that was added by this forum would be allowed but I am not aware that signature was not. Or I can edit the image and remove the signature and disable the border function. I am not currently home right now but I can do it this weekend.

Thank you,
Joshua

Jan 10, 2020 at 01:05 PM
Mado
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #189 Proud to be "Orange"!

AGeoJO wrote:
Thank you! The actual image is without border; the border is added by this forum. Yes, I enabled that function by clicking at the appropriate box. The signature.... yes, I added that and if it is in violation of the rule then, Fred can remove or delete this entry. I remembered that border or frame that was added by this forum would be allowed but I am not aware that signature was not. Or I can edit the image and remove the signature and disable the border function. I am not currently home right now but I can do it
...Show more

The border, I understand but it is the signature. The rule is quite specific.

Jan 10, 2020 at 01:13 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #189 Proud to be "Orange"!

Mado wrote:
The border, I understand but it is the signature. The rule is quite specific.

Like stated in my previous post, I will edit that if it is allowed but I can’t do it until this weekend. Again, I wasn’t aware of the rule and I believe it wasn’t there previously but okay, I should have read the rule again after awhile.

Jan 10, 2020 at 01:17 PM
akul
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #189 Proud to be "Orange"!

When I click on the MA rule from Monthly Assignment page ( list view ), this is what I get
>>>
WA rules

New pictures only. Please help maintain this board as a learning tool for the photographers who participate. Only pictures taken during the assignment week may be submitted. Images outside the deadline won't be allowed to be posted.

Your submission MUST have exactly 800 pixels for its longest dimension (no less, no more). Since entries can have a maximum dimension size of 800 pixels, it's advisable to keep them free of frames. However, Upload & Sell members may use the preset frames as they won't affect image size.

Your submission MUST be embedded onto your message (It can't be presented as a URL link)

<<<<

That is what I thought was the rule, however, note that the title is for weekly assignment.

When I click on the MA rule from this page ( within each topic ), it leads to MA rule, which is more strict.

>>>>>
Monthly assignment rules

New pictures only. Please help maintain this board as a learning tool for the photographers who participate. Only pictures taken during the month of the assignment (from the results of the topic poll until the last day of the month) may be submitted. If your image was not shot during the assignment month, it will be disqualified and moved to the appropriate board.

Your submission MUST have exactly 800 pixels for its longest dimension. (No less, no more)

Your submission MUST be embedded onto your message (no URL links)

Your submission MUST be free of frames, signatures or borders

Only (1) one submission per participant. If replacing your entry, please delete one of them. (Or make it clear which image is your final submission)

Stay with the theme and submit tasteful work - otherwise your entry will be automatically deleted or moved to the appropriate board.

If someone registers the forum more than once and make two or more votes to the assignments, he/she will be banned from the FM forums permanently.

<<<<<

As I can't seem to find the 'MA rule' unless I am in a topic, the stricter rule is harder to access. It seems Fred needs to fix this error.

Jan 11, 2020 at 07:33 AM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #189 Proud to be "Orange"!

akul wrote:
When I click on the MA rule from Monthly Assignment page ( list view ), this is what I get
>>>
WA rules

New pictures only. Please help maintain this board as a learning tool for the photographers who participate. Only pictures taken during the assignment week may be submitted. Images outside the deadline won't be allowed to be posted.

Your submission MUST have exactly 800 pixels for its longest dimension (no less, no more). Since entries can have a maximum dimension size of 800 pixels, it's advisable to keep them free of frames. However, Upload & Sell members may use
...Show more

Thank you for looking that up. All my entries had my signature or copyright information on them. I didn't know that there is a discrepancy in the two sets of regulations.

I wanted to remove the image and to replace that with the exact same image without the signature and disabled the automatic border insertion but the system didn't let me do it. I tried replacing that first and then I tried by deleting the image first but at this point, I couldn't even delete the previous image anymore. I don't know what else to do at this point... Sorry.

Jan 11, 2020 at 04:46 PM
akul
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #189 Proud to be "Orange"!

I don’t think it matters, at least not for me, but, if you want to change, I suggest you send a PM to Fred.

Luka

Jan 13, 2020 at 09:59 AM
JHut
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #189 Proud to be "Orange"!

Josh... I imagine most people don't care about signatures, frames, or whatnot. It is all about getting motivated to participate and enjoying the photography at least for me. Super excellent capture by the way. Amazing wing spread!! John

Jan 13, 2020 at 05:55 PM
Mado
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #189 Proud to be "Orange"!

JHut wrote:
Josh... I imagine most people don't care about signatures, frames, or whatnot. It is all about getting motivated to participate and enjoying the photography at least for me. Super excellent capture by the way. Amazing wing spread!! John

Just wondering why rules then...

Jan 14, 2020 at 11:27 AM
-rce-
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · #189 Proud to be "Orange"!

I find it curious that there are different rules for the two assignments.

But, everyone has an opinion. Mine is: I do care about the photo being taken during the period, but don't care about the frame or signature.

In the mean time, "rules are rules".

ps: Nice photo Joshua.

Feb 03, 2020 at 11:14 AM
AmbientMike
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · #189 Proud to be "Orange"!

Great shot!! I don't think that you can edit once the voting starts, anyway. Honest mistake and I didn't know about that rule, either. Good luck!

Feb 21, 2020 at 03:03 PM

FM Forums | Monthly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.