New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              55              57       58       59       end

Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Desmolicious
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.56 #1 · p.56 #1 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Fred Miranda wrote:
Knowing you appreciate characterful lenses, I would suggest the CV 50/1.1 Nokton. Similar rendering to the 50/1 Noct.

I keep forgetting I have the Nokton 1.1!

May 10, 2024 at 02:22 PM
tunisia
• •
p.56 #2 · p.56 #2 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Juha Kannisto wrote:
I have Elnomaxim 55/1.2 and I really like it a lot, but as I don't have CV 50/1.1 nor LLL 50/1.2 I can't really say how it compares to those. Elnomaxim is very soft and extremely glowy wide open and it sharpens up quite dramatically when stopped down. At f8 it's pretty sharp corner-to-corner for infinity shots (on my Sony A7CII). I mostly use it wide open (I like it's wide open extreme character better than slightly stopped down where the glow goes away pretty fast) and at f8. Some albums of samples:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wUgWZdX7vpCgdfN86
https://photos.app.goo.gl/LDYPFCi8BLfaWGZi7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/vqgBtDUeZnpgAnG87
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PtmJJo5UBPKEfdGv9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ag4vjrVzEUDJ6pA7A

Hi Juha,
Thanks for the photos. They're really great and give a good idea of its performance. I ordered a couple of days ago from Japan Exposures but am getting antsy. You know, not much info out there on these lenses. I really appreciate what you guys do here with regard to MS-Optics lenses, especially you and Fred. I already have an MS-Optics Vario-Petz PZ 57mm /2 F-MC and love it. I use it mainly on the Leica 11 Mono but sometimes on the GFX 100ii where it is good at close distances.
Joe D

May 10, 2024 at 05:07 PM
highdesertmesa
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.56 #3 · p.56 #3 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

A few shots with the 50mm SPII on the M11M from the south entrance/south rim overlooks of the Grand Canyon last weekend. All shot at f/2 with no color filter. Vignetting added in C1.

LLL 50mm SPII

LLL 50mm SPII

LLL 50mm SPII

LLL 50mm SPII

May 10, 2024 at 06:19 PM
Sonnar-7
• •
p.56 #4 · p.56 #4 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

highdesertmesa wrote:
A few shots with the 50mm SPII on the M11M from the south entrance/south rim overlooks of the Grand Canyon last weekend. All shot at f/2 with no color filter. Vignetting added in C1.

Those are beautiful shots, I like character lenses but Iím not oblivious to the fact that it might not sit well with landscapes but it does some wonders there.

May 11, 2024 at 05:00 AM
SNJOps
• •
p.56 #5 · p.56 #5 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Beautiful photos, how does the SP II perform stopped down?

highdesertmesa wrote:

May 11, 2024 at 01:29 PM
highdesertmesa
• • • •
p.56 #6 · p.56 #6 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

SNJOps wrote:
Beautiful photos, how does the SP II perform stopped down?

Thanks! Stopped down, it performs about like the 50 Summicron v5, at least in b&w Ė lower contrast but sharp, perhaps a bit less sharp than the Summicron. I labeled this shot as f/5.6, but it could have been f/8. On the M11M, I can't see any difference between f/5.6 and f/8 except for DOF (unless subject is backlit in some scenarios, in which case avoid f/8 due to central flare).

I have a lot of stopped down shots from this trip, but in midday lighting they don't make for as interesting images as the ones shot at f/2.

Screenshot at 1:1 zoom in C1

Full image

May 11, 2024 at 02:40 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.56 #7 · p.56 #7 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

highdesertmesa wrote:

Very cool effect shooting landscapes with the 50/2 SPII wide open. Is this the older barrel or the new Rigid version?

May 18, 2024 at 11:53 PM
highdesertmesa
• • • •
p.56 #8 · p.56 #8 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Fred Miranda wrote:
Very cool effect shooting landscapes with the 50/2 SPII wide open. Is this the older barrel or the new Rigid version?

Thanks. It's the older design, which doesn't have the multi-coated elements of the Rigid version.

May 19, 2024 at 07:30 PM
Sonnar-7
• •
p.56 #9 · p.56 #9 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Iím quite intrigued and interested since I fancy their f2 lenses and the 1.2 is pricey to my taste, an inbetween is welcome but what itís all about? S21?

https://lightlenslab.co/blogs/upcoming-project/light-lens-lab-50mm-f-1-5-s21-development-announcement

May 24, 2024 at 05:52 PM
mgscheu

p.56 #10 · p.56 #10 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Did a bit of Googling and found this, which I hadn't heard of:
Angenieux S21

They're going to be busy with a whole series of lenses based on the Panchro and now a series based on this.

May 24, 2024 at 06:33 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Sonnar-7
• •
p.56 #11 · p.56 #11 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

mgscheu wrote:
Did a bit of Googling and found this, which I hadn't heard of:
Angenieux S21

They're going to be busy with a whole series of lenses based on the Panchro and now a series based on this.

Canít wait for that lens, I looked at what the original does, itís right up my alley.

May 26, 2024 at 08:17 AM
Sonnar-7
• •
p.56 #12 · p.56 #12 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Feels good to take the M9 again for a walk.

Light Lens Lab Speed Panchro II 50mm f2 & Leica M9

May 26, 2024 at 08:33 AM
Sonnar-7
• •
p.56 #13 · p.56 #13 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Iím testing an Elcan right now, deciding on wether to keep it or not. When I received it, a few things annoyed me, and testing the lens at home I just thought, oh itís like a bad Panchro but I took it for a walk the day after and Iím changing my mind and begin to think, oh itís like a good Panchro.

Light Lens Lab Elcan 50mm f2 & Nikon Zf

May 28, 2024 at 07:26 AM
cypressblend

p.56 #14 · p.56 #14 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Heard from LLL's Chinese social media that their 28/2.8 9-element replica lens will soon move on to mass production and should be coming in Chinese market at the end of the year (or the Chinese lunar year). From the person who tested the lens, they said the replica has higher contrast and improved sharpness in the corner when wide open. The bokeh is different from the original one. The replica has a softer and more modern bokeh.

Here is a photo of the preproduction version of the replica and the original 9-element.

What are your opinions on these two lenses? Are you expecting this new replica?

May 29, 2024 at 12:00 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.56 #15 · p.56 #15 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

cypressblend wrote:
Heard from LLL's Chinese social media that their 28/2.8 9-element replica lens will soon move on to mass production and should be coming in Chinese market at the end of the year (or the Chinese lunar year). From the person who tested the lens, they said the replica has higher contrast and improved sharpness in the corner when wide open. The bokeh is different from the original one. The replica has a softer and more modern bokeh.

Here is a photo of the preproduction version of the replica and the original 9-element.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53754107621_0d21d86949_z.jpg

What are your opinions on these two lenses? Are you
...Show more

I've never heard about this one. What's special about it? LLL is announcing many lenses, but very few actually make it to production. I was glad to see the 50/1.2 replica did.

Jun 01, 2024 at 10:13 PM
cypressblend

p.56 #16 · p.56 #16 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Here is the youtube link of that video. He has more followers on Chinese platform, and he mainly do some camera&lens review videos and lives. This was one of his live. What's good was there were photos with LLL 9e (at around 20 minute of the video). Unfortunately, I do not see it with youtube subtitles. Although it has English subtitles in the video, I think they were not accurate.

Here are some points I summarized from the video:
1. LLL 9e is made of brass (~299g) instead of aluminium (~245g). The hood is made of aluminium at the front and brass at the end(where it attaches to the lens), instead of plastic and aluminium on the Leica one.
2. Filter size: LLL 49mm, Leica 48mm
3. He mentioned that Leica 9e has different level of black colors (at the aperture ring, focusing range..) and LLL replicate that.
4. LLL improved sharpness at the corners than the Leica one by making the the first element at the front more curved (like a fish eye lens but will not touch the filter).
5. The coating on LLL 9e is golden.
6. Bokeh on LLL9e has a softer rendering and is more round.
7. The exposure reading will still overexposed because of the outstanding back element like the Leica one.
8. His impression was that the lens was very sharp, had a relatively modern bokeh/rendering. It has vignette wide open. The bokeh at the center of the image was rounder but still has similar half-circle bokeh at the corner of the image. (This was at about 32 minute of his video).
9. The LLL 9e has a colder temperature, while the Leica one makes warmer photos.
10. LLL 9e also has higher contrast (not much to my opinion, maybe will be more visible comparing B&W photos. He did comparison on color photos).

I think this lens is very promising in terms of mass production. Because LLL posted on Chinese social media just yesterday that this 9e will come with black paint and silver chrome versions (both made of brass) and replied in the comments that it might be on the (Chinese) market in October! I am very excited with this news, because the last time they posted about it was about two weeks ago that they had a preproduction meeting.

Update(06/03/2024): I heard from Chinese distributer that the early-bird price of LLL 9e might be set at 3999 RMB. So I assume the price on the market will be around 4500 RMB, which is about 620 USD. But I think the price will be higher than this because of duty tax and shipping costs, etc.

Fred Miranda wrote:
I've never heard about this one. What's special about it? LLL is announcing many lenses, but very few actually make it to production. I was glad to see the 50/1.2 replica did.

Jun 02, 2024 at 11:41 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.56 #17 · p.56 #17 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

It seems that Light Lens Lab has a new site:

https://lightlenslab.co

Jun 04, 2024 at 07:30 PM
raizans

p.56 #18 · p.56 #18 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Still sold out of lens pouches I see. 🫠

Jun 04, 2024 at 10:34 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.56 #19 · p.56 #19 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Is there a demand for the 28 9E Replika?

It seems they are now introducing obscure lenses that most have not heard of. Hard to build excitement around that.

Jun 04, 2024 at 11:26 PM
raizans

p.56 #20 · p.56 #20 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

LLL is the Connoisseurís Corner of lensmakers. Have you priced a V1 Elmarit lately?

Jun 05, 2024 at 12:24 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.