New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              44      
       46              51       52       end

Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Munro303

Upload & Sell: Off
p.45 #1 · p.45 #1 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Top Tip- blue loctite it is! Thanks

Nov 18, 2023 at 12:54 AM
Sonnar-7
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.45 #2 · p.45 #2 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Not much, just a few shots.

Light Lens Lab Speed Panchro ii 50mm f2 & Nikon Zf

Nov 21, 2023 at 04:12 AM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.45 #3 · p.45 #3 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Maybe this was already addressed but.. which would you pick Summicron 50 v5 or LLL Elcan?

Nov 21, 2023 at 10:25 AM
ocean2059
• • • •
p.45 #4 · p.45 #4 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Desmolicious wrote:
Maybe this was already addressed but.. which would you pick Summicron 50 v5 or LLL Elcan?

I would pick the Summucron 50 v5. To me, the Summicrion 50 is just a such well balanced lens in terms of size, weight and optical performance.

Nov 21, 2023 at 11:18 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.45 #5 · p.45 #5 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Desmolicious wrote:

I would go for the Leica 50/2 Rigid. Very close in rendering to the Elcan but sharper off-axis.

Nov 21, 2023 at 11:36 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.45 #6 · p.45 #6 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Fred Miranda wrote:
I would go for the Leica 50/2 Rigid. Very close in rendering to the Elcan but sharper off-axis.

TY So I think I already have that covered with my Summicron DR, right?

Nov 22, 2023 at 01:14 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.45 #7 · p.45 #7 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Desmolicious wrote:
TY So I think I already have that covered with my Summicron DR, right?

Yes, they have the exact same optical formula. I believe I shared a comparison between the Elcan and Rigid on this thread. If you're looking for a slightly more modern look, the current 50/2 Cron (version 5) is also a great choice, as suggested.
Both Elcan and Cron v5 focus down to 0.7m.

Nov 22, 2023 at 09:28 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.45 #8 · p.45 #8 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Munro303 wrote:
Top Tip- blue loctite it is! Thanks

I'm glad it worked!

Nov 22, 2023 at 10:51 AM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.45 #9 · p.45 #9 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Fred Miranda wrote:
Yes, they have the exact same optical formula. I believe I shared a comparison between the Elcan and Rigid on this thread. If you're looking for a slightly more modern look, the current 50/2 Cron (version 5) is also a great choice, as suggested.
Both Elcan and Cron v5 focus down to 0.7m.

I already have the v5, as well as the DR. Was just wondering if there was any reason for me to get an Elcan apart from GAS. Which frankly for me is the only reason!
I really like the Elcan size, but I also have the CV Color Skopar 50 2.5 which is v small.

Nov 22, 2023 at 12:07 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.45 #10 · p.45 #10 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Desmolicious wrote:
I already have the v5, as well as the DR. Was just wondering if there was any reason for me to get an Elcan apart from GAS. Which frankly for me is the only reason!
I really like the Elcan size, but I also have the CV Color Skopar 50 2.5 which is v small.

The Elcan wins on price and size. It's one of the smallest 50/2 lenses. It's also very well built and has a large focusing tab.

Nov 22, 2023 at 03:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ZacP

p.45 #11 · p.45 #11 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Fred Miranda wrote:
The Elcan wins on price and size. It's one of the smallest 50/2 lenses. It's also very well built and has a large focusing tab.

It's also available in LTM for Barnack users which is why I picked up a copy. Are there any Leica lenses that match or have similar rendering to the Summicron DR/Rigid in LTM mount?

Nov 22, 2023 at 03:53 PM
CrazyLeicaFox

p.45 #12 · p.45 #12 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

ZacP wrote:
It's also available in LTM for Barnack users which is why I picked up a copy. Are there any Leica lenses that match or have similar rendering to the Summicron DR/Rigid in LTM mount?

There were some Rigids made in LTM, but they numbered only in the 1000's and are rare and expensive today. Similarly, there was a special edition LTM run of the version 5 Summicron released in Japan in 1999.

Nov 23, 2023 at 12:34 AM
Sonnar-7
• •
p.45 #13 · p.45 #13 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Nov 30, 2023 at 05:06 PM
Sonnar-7
• •
p.45 #14 · p.45 #14 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

A few more.

I really like this lens, strangely so.

Dec 02, 2023 at 07:22 AM
Sam_W
• •
p.45 #15 · p.45 #15 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

I've been really tempted by the Speed Panchro II 50/2, and am awaiting the 75/2.

That being said, I'm having an ethical dilemma, because these lenses are being replicated down to the lead(/thorium/whatever else) in the glass elements, which are known hazardous substances to the workers polishing and assembling the lenses. (It's why RoHS basically killed entire legacy lens lines like the R and Contax lineages.)

After seeing photos of the workers without any protection on them...

Dec 02, 2023 at 01:32 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.45 #16 · p.45 #16 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Sam_W wrote:
I've been really tempted by the Speed Panchro II 50/2, and am awaiting the 75/2.

That being said, I'm having an ethical dilemma, because these lenses are being replicated down to the lead(/thorium/whatever else) in the glass elements, which are known hazardous substances to the workers polishing and assembling the lenses. (It's why RoHS basically killed entire legacy lens lines like the R and Contax lineages.)

After seeing photos of the workers without any protection on them...

The pics you saw were the assembly workers. Not the ones making/grinding the lenses. Those I am sure wear more than tank tops and flip flops.

You shouldn't have an ethical dilemma though. You don't need this lens...

Dec 02, 2023 at 01:43 PM
_jim_

p.45 #17 · p.45 #17 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Just got the email to make final payment, pre-delivery, for the 50mm 1.2. Very excited!

Dec 13, 2023 at 04:39 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.45 #18 · p.45 #18 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

_jim_ wrote:
Just got the email to make final payment, pre-delivery, for the 50mm 1.2. Very excited!

Can't wait to see your images from it!

Dec 13, 2023 at 05:21 PM
LightLensLab

p.45 #19 · p.45 #19 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

Rigid-SPII Announcement/Pre-Order:

https://lightlenslab.myshopify.com/blogs/upcoming-project/light-lens-lab-50mm-rigid-speed-panchro-ii

Dec 17, 2023 at 07:38 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.45 #20 · p.45 #20 · Light Lens Lab (LLL) replica lenses discussion & image thread

LightLensLab wrote:
Rigid-SPII Announcement/Pre-Order:

https://lightlenslab.myshopify.com/blogs/upcoming-project/light-lens-lab-50mm-rigid-speed-panchro-ii

A couple of questions... "you" wrote:

The lens features 50mm f/2 Speed Panchro II optical block house in Type Two "Rigid" 50mm f/2 body.

So is this the exact same lens optically as the SPII? Just in a different case?
Is it the same length as the SPII? Which is a very long lens for a 50mm f2
Why does the SPII have a built in filter and this one does not?

Dec 17, 2023 at 08:02 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.