New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

E-infinity?

Latouf

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · E-infinity?

Pardon my ignorance but the issue is really for warranty work , right? If something happens after that period you have to pay for the work yourself. Would there be an issue with getting work done locally ( for a fee) on grey market model?

Nov 09, 2019 at 11:54 AM
keepcoding
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · E-infinity?

Latouf wrote:
Pardon my ignorance but the issue is really for warranty work , right? If something happens after that period you have to pay for the work yourself. Would there be an issue with getting work done locally ( for a fee) on grey market model?

Yes sure once the 12 months have passed, there is no more warranty. I don't see why there should be an issue with repairs locally if you pay for them. It is exactly the same product as the ones that are officially imported.

The warranty thing is a fair point, but to be honest, I never had a camera or lens fail after a year (the only failure I've had were DOA). But then again, I am very careful with my equipment...

Nov 09, 2019 at 12:43 PM
GSP_
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · E-infinity?

Latouf wrote:

I know a gent who had issues getting service on his grey-market zony 55f1.8 from authorized service centers, but with a little searching he found a shop and got it fixed.

Nov 09, 2019 at 01:00 PM
BruceRH
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · E-infinity?

I have bought quite a bit from them without issue as have several friends of mine. I look at the purchase as buying used in more than excellent condition since their prices tend to be very close to the used market. I donít get a warranty when buying used but I do at least get a ďstoreĒ warranty from e-infinity. They are also very responsive to emails and the shipping is extremely fast, at least to Texas!

Nov 09, 2019 at 11:50 PM
Eddie88

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · E-infinity?

Yes but it comes down to being able to use the dealer or finding a 3rd party repair place. I know if two fantastic places to get kit repaired in the UK and use them when I canít go to the dealer. (i.e. vintage glass and my IR converted a7).

Latouf wrote:

Nov 10, 2019 at 02:48 AM
GHarris
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · E-infinity?

Eddie88 wrote:
Yes but it comes down to being able to use the dealer or finding a 3rd party repair place. I know if two fantastic places to get kit repaired in the UK and use them when I canít go to the dealer. (i.e. vintage glass and my IR converted a7).

By all means, share the names! Never know when it might be handy to have a reputable repair place to talk to.

Full-frame camera bodies and full-frame glass are terribly expensive. The magnitude of the savings available on a grey-market site like e-infinity are so huge compared to the standard retail price that it makes the difference between "affordable" and "unaffordable", time and again. It's just plain hard to argue against. Not that I'm in the market for it right now but the A7Riv, for example, is currently just barely short of £1000 cheaper on e-infinity (£2515) than it is in most standard UK camera stores like Wex and Jessops (£3499), indeed the price is the same as the standard retail price of an A7Riii (£2499)! It isn't even competing with used prices, since a camera so new doesn't have many used copies to buy.

It just makes too much sense, and if I were buying at standard retail price then I probably wouldn't have most or any of the lenses etc I've gotten from e-infinity. The price difference is too much, it goes over the "too expensive" line and I just wouldn't have them at all.

Nov 10, 2019 at 05:54 AM
Willh5030

p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · E-infinity?

Hi! Guys, i need small advice. Which camera to choose to my 21 daughters birthday? I have something around $2000 - $2500 for that. I found that (https://www.bestadvisers.co.uk/dslr-cameras ) article, but i really know not enough to get by my own. My daughter is keen on photography and she have a DSC-HX400 (not so good as she need).
Thanks!

Nov 13, 2020 at 04:26 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

keepcoding
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · E-infinity?

Does anyone know what the current situation is with e-infinity in Europe? Since the Brexit I guess it is over with duty free delivery to the doorstep outside of the U.K.

Jan 18, 2021 at 12:35 PM
JoannaFotograf

p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · E-infinity?

Hi Joanna,

Thanks for your email.

Please place your order with your shipping address. We can supply a regular sales receipt to you with your designated billing address manually. Please send us your company data after you've placed the order and we'll send you the receipt via email. Please note it's NOT a VAT invoice because our company is based outside EU and all prices on our site are without any VAT and other European taxes.

Regards,
CS Team
E-infinity

On Sat, Aug 6, 2022 at 4:51 AM E-Infinity Message <xxxxx> wrote:
When placing an order, it is not possible to:
1. Entering company data on the invoice.
2. Providing a different shipping address.

Aug 06, 2022 at 02:03 AM
kaldur
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · E-infinity?

keepcoding wrote:
Does anyone know what the current situation is with e-infinity in Europe? Since the Brexit I guess it is over with duty free delivery to the doorstep outside of the U.K.

Since the thread was brought up I may as well reply even if you probably received an answer some time ago : )

I've dealt with them as late as a year ago(with a private rather than company purchase), my package seemed shipped from within the EU and there were no customs or duty. Not doorstep but rather the more standard delivery method for packages herearound. I don't know if they arrange any sort of signed-for-delivery which I guess is what "doorstep" means.

Aug 06, 2022 at 02:31 AM
jaybr
• •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · E-infinity?

Ziggy99 wrote:
In Australia you may be covered by Australian Consumer Law which trumps most warranties anyway.

Unfortunately, thatís not the case.
The ACL only applies to Australian businesses, not purchases from overseas vendors.
Hereís the ACL guide:

https://www.accc.gov.au/system/files/Consumer%20guarantees%20-%20a%20guide%20for%20consumers%20-%20July%202021.pdf

J

Aug 06, 2022 at 02:56 AM
darrenhaken

p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · E-infinity?

In the UK, can someone confirm whether Sony would repair a lens outside of warranty if bought from them?

Also, since Brexit are there any new customs charges?

Aug 06, 2022 at 03:27 AM
Ziggy99
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · E-infinity?

jaybr wrote:
Unfortunately, thatís not the case.
The ACL only applies to Australian businesses, not purchases from overseas vendors.
Hereís the ACL guide:

https://www.accc.gov.au/system/files/Consumer%20guarantees%20-%20a%20guide%20for%20consumers%20-%20July%202021.pdf

J

Yes, it's always worth checking on the ASIC website.

E-infinity Computers was a registered business in 2005-6.

Aug 06, 2022 at 07:31 AM
jaybr
• •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · E-infinity?

Ziggy99 wrote:
Yes, it's always worth checking on the ASIC website.

E-infinity Computers was a registered business in 2005-6.

Registered in Australia?
If so, is the OP purchasing from the Australian registered vendor or the Hong Kong based vendor?

J

Aug 06, 2022 at 09:50 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password