New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

E-infinity?

CampK
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · E-infinity?

They are showing new a9 for only $2900. Anyone buy from them previously?

Oct 27, 2019 at 06:43 PM
ShootPDX
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · E-infinity?

Pretty sure they sell gray market items.

Oct 27, 2019 at 06:51 PM
DavidBM
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · E-infinity?

CampK wrote:
They are showing new a9 for only $2900. Anyone buy from them previously?

I've bought from them with good results, as have many other people I know personally. Not problems with returns.

On the other hand depending what country you are in there might be warranty issues in the longer term. In my country they have local agents who handle warranty stuff and that seems to work well, but it's probably not as good as a local warranty.

But the price difference may make it worth it.

Oct 27, 2019 at 06:53 PM
sismailian
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · E-infinity?

I've bought plenty of brand new lenses from them and never had a bad experience honestly. None of them gave me any issues for years I owned them until I switched to sony. The only issue is that lens manufacturer itself will not repair the lens if you send it in for repair which I never needed to do honestly ever. I am thinking about getting the 135 1.8 GM and 16-35 2.8 GM from them unless I find better deals.

Oct 27, 2019 at 07:37 PM
GSP_
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · E-infinity?

They are grey market. Sony a9 $2900, a7riv $3200
Their warranty policy:

Please note all products we sell are imports and international version. They will be covered by our 12 months warranty instead of the manufacturer's guarantee. The warranty starts on the day that you receive your product.

Our warranty covers manufacture defects of the products purchased. For damages caused by accidents or human errors, unfortunately they are not included in the guarantee. We will be responsible for all labour costs for repairing the faulty units. Within the warranty period of 12 months, customers will need to bear the postage for returning the product back to us and we will cover the costs for
...Show more

Oct 27, 2019 at 11:18 PM
hasenbein
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · E-infinity?

Bought my A7III and several lenses there. No problems at all, they are a trustworthy company.

Yes, there is the issue with the warranty.

But anyone who has some math competence and some common sense knows this:
I bought countless items in many shops and online stores in my life.
How many items were there where i needed to make use of the warranty because there was a defect?
In the 53 years of my life, maximum a handful!
EVEN if there is the unlikely case that there is something wrong with one article, the repair costs will be most likely much less than I have saved by buying much cheaper warranty-reduced items.

The vast majority of defects come AFTER the warranty period. Warranties are mostly just a marketing trick so that customers feel more "safe" and thus more compelled to buy something.

Oct 28, 2019 at 12:04 AM
rdcny
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · E-infinity?

(a) aren't there credit cards that warranty repair of items (or even replace stolen items) for the first 90 days...and some up to a year?

(b) via Greentoe you can find a USA full warranty A9 for about $3070 - I just did. Place a max bid of $2800/2900 and see what happens...

Oct 28, 2019 at 04:34 AM
artur5
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · E-infinity?

For USA residents, Greentoe seems a good alternative to grey market sellers but in Europe and other parts of the world buying grey market means, in some cases, a 30-35% of discount over regulars shops. Right now, the Sony A9 costs around 4000 euro in most European countries while you pay 2589 at E-infinity.
Like other people here, Iíve purchase cameras and lenses there and the service was always first class. The warranty is a potential risk of course, but statistically itís a small risk.
Thereís also another possible issue for European users. When you buy at E.infinity they send an invoice without VAT. Thatís one of the reasons for paying less. If you travel outside the European area, on your way back a strict Customs officer might ask for the invoice of the camera/lens hanging from your neck. If you produce a regular invoice issued in Europe with VAT applied, youíre fine but if you show them the E-infinity invoice, you might be politely asked to step aside and pay that VAT amount that you skipped in the original purchase. I presume that these cases are quite rare, because I havenít heard of them before, but itís something to keep in mind.

Oct 28, 2019 at 05:26 AM
N4865G
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · E-infinity?

I just bought a brand new A9 from them.
Very happy with the service and their terms.

Dom

Oct 28, 2019 at 10:40 AM
mudlake
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · E-infinity?

Iíve purchased two lenses from them and am very satisfied. Very fast shipping and I saved hundreds.

Oct 28, 2019 at 11:47 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ziggy99
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · E-infinity?

In Australia you may be covered by Australian Consumer Law which trumps most warranties anyway.

Oct 29, 2019 at 12:29 AM
samosh
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · E-infinity?

Call me chicken, but I would be afraid to buy $3000 camera that SONY USA will refuse to fix in case I have a problem.

Oct 29, 2019 at 12:24 PM
CampK
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · E-infinity?

Thanks all. I decided not to use it. Will give greentoe a shot

Oct 29, 2019 at 12:29 PM
CampK
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · E-infinity?

Just got a great deal for an A9 on Greentoe and got shipping notice within 24 hours. Hopefully all is shipshape when it arrives, but I assume it will be.

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:58 AM
Krich
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · E-infinity?

They are very good, and I bought from them.
However, they are China-based, so if you are buying in the US now, you may be hit with extra taxes when the item is delivered.

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:26 AM
pplskills
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · E-infinity?

What is Greentoe?

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:59 AM
naturephoto1
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · E-infinity?

pplskills wrote:
What is Greentoe?

https://www.greentoe.com/

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:11 PM
keepcoding
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · E-infinity?

Anyone from Switzerland or another country outside the EU / USA ever ordered from e-infinity? The website says "no tax / import tax included", which is quite misleading I think. Only in the fine print it says "Customers may be liable to import duties when the order arrives your country." (outside of EU and US)

Nov 09, 2019 at 03:27 AM
abase21
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · E-infinity?

keepcoding wrote:
Anyone from Switzerland or another country outside the EU / USA ever ordered from e-infinity? The website says "no tax / import tax included", which is quite misleading I think. Only in the fine print it says "Customers may be liable to import duties when the order arrives your country." (outside of EU and US)

..there are shipping the stuff from Ireland - so you have to pay the tax outside the EU.

Nov 09, 2019 at 04:49 AM
Eddie88

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · E-infinity?

I have used this site before with no issues but tend to go for low priced items (looking at the Samyang 18mm but currently out of stock). Iíve needed to get items repaired under warranty before and have just had my Loxia 21 repaired under warranty (it was 2 years 10 months old and Zeiss repaired it for free). Sometimes the 3 year warranty for these high end items comes in handy 👍.

I would use e-infinity again.

Nov 09, 2019 at 05:47 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password