Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1              3              17       18       end
  

Archive 2019 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless

  
 
AcuteShadows
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless


Not many problems with resolution on the Nikon Z7, but the Summicron-M 28mm clearly shows some color shift. This can be corrected with suitable tools. The variant with a rather raw LCC correction (second picture) still shows some color tint. The LCC correction with a processed LCC file (mostly tinkering with white balance) results in a much cleaner file.



© AcuteShadows 2019

Leica Summicron-M 28mm (11672) on Nikon Z7, processed in Capture One without LCC correction





© AcuteShadows 2019

Leica Summicron-M 28mm (11672) on Nikon Z7, processed in Capture One with LCC correction






Leica Summicron-M 28mm (11672) on Nikon Z7, processed in Capture One with LCC correction (modified LCC file)



Edited on Nov 06, 2019 at 10:33 PM · View previous versions



Nov 06, 2019 at 05:28 PM
freaklikeme
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless


Good thread idea, Steve.

Here's a handful with the Elmarit-M 24 ASPH on the a7rII UT and the last with the a7rII Monochrome.

a7rII_UT_EM24_Paradoxically by Bradley Clemens, on Flickr



a7rII_UT_EM24_DenverPalms by Bradley Clemens, on Flickr


a7rII_UT_EM24_NotJustGrand by Bradley Clemens, on Flickr


a7rII_UT_EM24_StairsandStars by Bradley Clemens, on Flickr


Elmarit24_Woodbury by Bradley Clemens, on Flickr



Nov 06, 2019 at 05:43 PM
freaklikeme
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless


Some with the Zeiss ZM Distagon 18, first on the a7rII UT and then on the Mono...

a7rII_UT_ZM_Distagon_18_MercuryC by Bradley Clemens, on Flickr


a7rII_UT_ZM_Distagon_18_MercuryBW by Bradley Clemens, on Flickr


a7rII_UT_ZM18_Cranes by Bradley Clemens, on Flickr


Woodbury_Pano-Edit by Bradley Clemens, on Flickr


Distagon18_Landmark_CS by Bradley Clemens, on Flickr



Nov 06, 2019 at 05:50 PM
retrofocus
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless


freaklikeme wrote:
Some with the Zeiss ZM Distagon 18, first on the a7rII UT and then on the Mono...



Great shots - just a question about your cameras (maybe I missed it when you introduced what was done there and what "UT" means?). Sounds like you had one of them converted to monochrome at KolariVision by sensor etching?



Nov 07, 2019 at 07:05 AM
naturephoto1
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless


Photo cross posted in the Sony FE Image Thread and taken at 1:05 PM.

Looking at a Maple Tree in Autumn Color.
Tripod mounted A7r and Leica M 90mm f2.5 Summarit lens.
ISO 200, probably f8, 1/640 second.
Exposure corrected +0.12 Stops.

October 1, 2015
Adirodack Mountain Club (ADK) not far from the ADK Loj (Lodge) at Heart Lake (Lake owned by the ADK) in the Adirondack Mountains, Lake Placid, NY.

Rich







Nov 07, 2019 at 08:16 AM
freaklikeme
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless


retrofocus wrote:
Great shots - just a question about your cameras (maybe I missed it when you introduced what was done there and what "UT" means?). Sounds like you had one of them converted to monochrome at KolariVision by sensor etching?


Thanks! The UT mod is by Kolari (ultra-thin). The Monochrome mod was by Monochrome Imaging, and yes, the CFA was removed (I donít know enough about the process to say if etching is the right term).



Nov 07, 2019 at 01:37 PM
imagesfromobjects
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless


Great idea for a thread! Will try to contribute some, thanks for posting.


Nov 07, 2019 at 02:13 PM
AcuteShadows
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless


I don't have any R lenses, but I would find it interesting to see the results of R lenses on mirrorless cameras. Should this thread include those, in addition to M and LTM lenses?


Nov 07, 2019 at 02:31 PM
retrofocus
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless


AcuteShadows wrote:
I don't have any R lenses, but I would find it interesting to see the results of R lenses on mirrorless cameras. Should this thread include those, in addition to M and LTM lenses?


R lenses are built on SLR designs, and normally these kind of lenses don't cause trouble on MLCs. Sometimes more difficult are rangefinder lenses on differently branded MLCs - therefore this thread. The majority of M lenses still works fine - more critical are some of those on the wider FL end.

An R-mount photo thread exists even it is not only dedicated to MLCs:
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/895186/

Edited on Nov 07, 2019 at 02:44 PM · View previous versions



Nov 07, 2019 at 02:41 PM
imagesfromobjects
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless



I dunno, but I feel like it's complicated enough with all of the mirrorless options and different manufacturers and focal lengths for M lenses to add R, which generally perform as well as most other SLR lenses. M lenses pose a unique challenge with flange distance and ray angles on mirrorless sensors/cover glass.

Maybe someone else feels differently, it's not my thread...


AcuteShadows wrote:
I don't have any R lenses, but I would find it interesting to see the results of R lenses on mirrorless cameras. Should this thread include those, in addition to M and LTM lenses?




Nov 07, 2019 at 02:42 PM
imagesfromobjects
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless



Oops - I meant, what he said.


retrofocus wrote:
R lenses are built on SLR designs, and normally these kind of lenses don't cause trouble on MLCs. Sometimes more difficult are rangefinder lenses on differently branded MLCs - therefore this thread. The majority of M lenses still works fine - more critical are some of those on the wider FL end.

An R-mount photo thread exists even it is not only dedicated to MLCs:
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/895186/




Nov 07, 2019 at 02:47 PM
nehemiahphoto
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless


So this thread is for all native m-mount lenses like CV and Zeiss?


Nov 07, 2019 at 03:12 PM
AcuteShadows
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless


Yes, if this thread, in addition to general image quality issues, regularly discusses specific issues with M/LTM lenses, then it's probably the best option to have a separate thread for R lenses. My general concern is that there is too little resulting traffic in each thread, but the R thread looks like it's doing ok. Maybe we should just extend this thread to all rangefinder lenses (Nikon S etc.).

imagesfromobjects wrote:
I dunno, but I feel like it's complicated enough with all of the mirrorless options and different manufacturers and focal lengths for M lenses to add R, which generally perform as well as most other SLR lenses. M lenses pose a unique challenge with flange distance and ray angles on mirrorless sensors/cover glass.

Maybe someone else feels differently, it's not my thread...






Nov 07, 2019 at 03:37 PM
freaklikeme
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless


nehemiahphoto wrote:
So this thread is for all native m-mount lenses like CV and Zeiss?


Yep. Steve okay'd that on the first page.



Nov 07, 2019 at 04:17 PM
nehemiahphoto
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless


freaklikeme wrote:
Yep. Steve okay'd that on the first page.


NiceóI missed that. In that case I am in. And what about m-mount converted glass? Good thread idea Steve
.







73 Sonnetar stitch







CV 35 1.7







75 lux







73 Sonnetar







Zm 50 1.5







Cv 35 1.7




Nov 07, 2019 at 04:28 PM
genji
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless


AcuteShadows wrote:
Yes, if this thread, in addition to general image quality issues, regularly discusses specific issues with M/LTM lenses, then it's probably the best option to have a separate thread for R lenses. My general concern is that there is too little resulting traffic in each thread, but the R thread looks like it's doing ok. Maybe we should just extend this thread to all rangefinder lenses (Nikon S etc.).



Maybe we should just respect Steve Spencerís intention of creating a thread for images taken with M and LTM lenses on mirrorless cameras. Iím actually awaiting delivery from Japan of a Nikkor-S.C 50/1.4 S-mount lens and Iíll happily post images made with it on a ďRangefinder Lenses Other Those in Leica M and LTM MountĒ thread, should you choose to start one.



Nov 07, 2019 at 07:47 PM
Steve Spencer
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless


genji wrote:
Maybe we should just respect Steve Spencerís intention of creating a thread for images taken with M and LTM lenses on mirrorless cameras. Iím actually awaiting delivery from Japan of a Nikkor-S.C 50/1.4 S-mount lens and Iíll happily post images made with it on a ďRangefinder Lenses Other Those in Leica M and LTM MountĒ thread, should you choose to start one.


Any rangefinder lens would be fine with me (I think R lenses are probably best kept in the R lens thread that has gone strong for a long time). To be honest, I didn't realize Nikon (and maybe Canon) rangefinder lenses had different mounts. For some reason I thought they were all LTM. So, again I say the more the merrier if we keep it to rangefinder lenses and I will change the title again.



Nov 07, 2019 at 08:08 PM
genji
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless


Steve Spencer wrote:
Any rangefinder lens would be fine with me (I think R lenses are probably best kept in the R lens thread that has gone strong for a long time). To be honest, I didn't realize Nikon (and maybe Canon) rangefinder lenses had different mounts. For some reason I thought they were all LTM. So, again I say the more the merrier if we keep it to rangefinder lenses and I will change the title again.


If itís OK with you then obviously itís fine with me. Does that mean that Contax G lenses are also acceptable?



Nov 07, 2019 at 08:23 PM
Steve Spencer
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless


genji wrote:
If itís OK with you then obviously itís fine with me. Does that mean that Contax G lenses are also acceptable?


Sure, why not?



Nov 07, 2019 at 09:24 PM
freaklikeme
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Rangefinder lenses on Mirrorless


Steve Spencer wrote:
Any rangefinder lens would be fine with me (I think R lenses are probably best kept in the R lens thread that has gone strong for a long time). To be honest, I didn't realize Nikon (and maybe Canon) rangefinder lenses had different mounts. For some reason I thought they were all LTM. So, again I say the more the merrier if we keep it to rangefinder lenses and I will change the title again.


So far as I know, Canon's are all LTM. Zeiss and Nikon produced LTMs of some of their lenses (my Nikor 8.5cm/2 was an LTM) they're just more broadly available in their native mounts.



Nov 07, 2019 at 11:00 PM
1              3              17       18       end




FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1              3              17       18       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.