New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2019 · Bladesmith- Bill Moran

Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bladesmith- Bill Moran

William F. Moran, Jr. or Bill Moran (May 1, 1925 - February 12, 2006) was born in Frederick, Maryland and is considered the father of the modern knife forging movement. He is credited with reintroducing the process of making pattern welded steel (the ancient process called Damascus steel).

Without a doubt, history will show that Bill Moran was the most famous bladesmith of the 20th century. His accomplishments are well documented in many books and articles. His knives are highly sought after by celebrities and heads-of-states.

Well 99%B/W

Sep 30, 2019 at 11:41 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bladesmith- Bill Moran

Nice work Dan.

Curiously, one of the knife-smiths who does Forge Workshops at Callaway, is named Moran (I believe, or very close). He is from Charleston, SC, and very active in making display and memento knives for wounded vets and first-responders.

I believe I'll see him mid October and will try to remember to ask if he is any relation.

Bob

Sep 30, 2019 at 05:20 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bladesmith- Bill Moran

Bob Jarman wrote:
Nice work Dan.

Curiously, one of the knife-smiths who does Forge Workshops at Callaway, is named Moran (I believe, or very close). He is from Charleston, SC, and very active in making display and memento knives for wounded vets and first-responders.

I believe I'll see him mid October and will try to remember to ask if he is any relation.

Bob

Bob it appears he had no children. His obituary does not state as such. Very coincidental..the Bill Moran Society is having a show here in October also.
Thanks Dan

Oct 01, 2019 at 11:02 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Bladesmith- Bill Moran

Danpbphoto wrote:
Bob it appears he had no children. His obituary does not state as such. Very coincidental..the Bill Moran Society is having a show here in October also.
Thanks Dan

Yup, a stretch but stranger things have happened

Bob

Oct 01, 2019 at 11:12 AM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.