Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2019 · Small but excellent printers?

ChrisCoy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Small but excellent printers?

We live on a boat, so I need a printer with a small footprint, but I would like something capable of producing quality prints. I’ve never printed my own small photos before so I don’t know much about printers. Any advice, brand suggestions?

Aug 29, 2019 at 09:43 AM
AmbientMike
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Small but excellent printers?

I use an Epson ultra brite ink printer fax scanner sometimes. They may have some smaller ones that take these inks. Pretty inexpensive.

Kind of the opposite of what youd think, but the resolution is low for wallets, but the 8x10's look fine. The epson matte paper (premium presentation matte?) had really good colorfast tests on the Wilhelm test.

Aug 29, 2019 at 09:48 AM
Panorascal
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Small but excellent printers?

I've run a print lab for 13 years with 8 - 17" wide and 4 - 44" wide printers.
Unless they're used 5-6 days per week they WILL clog and cost you a ton of ink to clean.
If they're used daily an epson will serve you well for years. If they sit, even a little bit, your cost per print goes through the roof.
I'd find an outside source. (I'll never own another inkjet) If you're cranking out prints like crazy, go for it, but Inkjets for the individual user are the biggest waste of money and resources a photographer can throw at their work.
[/2¢]

Aug 29, 2019 at 09:56 AM
ChrisCoy
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Small but excellent printers?

I have literally 10 years of digital photos on drives that I would like to at LEAST print 4c6’s of...

Aug 29, 2019 at 04:01 PM
Unclejoe1116
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Small but excellent printers?

A lot depends on the size print you want.

For the cost, it's really hard to beat the Canon Pixma Pro-100. I got mine after rebates and sales for $60, and it prints 13" wide. I've had it sit for months without printing, and then start right up again.

Aug 29, 2019 at 07:45 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.