Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              13       14       end

Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

Official: Sony A6600 AND A6100 APS-C cameras and 2 APS-C G lenses!
In addition to the new lenses, Sony has also introduced two new APS-C Mirrorless Cameras, the Alpha 6600 and Alpha 6100 models, further strengthening the company's APS-C lineup.

Pre-order links:
  1. Sony A6600 at B&H Photo, Amazon and Adorama
  2. Sony A6100 at B&H Photo, Amazon and Adorama
  3. Sony E 16-55mm F2.8 G at B&H Photo, Amazon
  4. Sony E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS at B&H Photo, Amazon

"Sony's 'One Mount' solution for both APS-C and full-frame cameras provides creators a unified system for all of their photography and video needs," said Neal Manowitz, deputy president of Imaging Products and Solutions at Sony Electronics. "With a total of 54 different lenses and a growing range of camera bodies, E-mount offers more versatility than any other mirrorless system. We will continue to drive innovation in all aspects of imaging, empowering all creators to capture and create like they've never been able to before."

For more information, check out Sony.com

Sony Alpha a6600

Sony Alpha a6100

Sony E 16-55mm f/2.8 G Lens - 24-82.5mm (35mm Equivalent)

Sony E 70-350mm f/4.5-6.3 G OSS Lens - 105-525mm (35mm Equivalent)

Aug 28, 2019 at 10:47 AM
CampK
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

I may as well get a jump on this Ö

Looks like the long awaited new APS-C body announcement coming tomorrow. I've been waiting for this so I can decided between buying the new APS-C body, buying the a6400, or selling my A7RIII and buying the A7RIV.

I figure there are probably others waiting to make the same decision.

My new 200-600 is backordered at B&H (of course) so who knows when it will come. But the point of the APS-C body will be to increase reach and get a body that can accept the 1.4x, which of course my A7RIII will not do. I'm guessing the 200-600 with 1.4x will more or less just live on the crop body, if I get one.

So it's impossible to say until we see the specs and price, but I did watch the Tony Northrup test video on the value of increased MP for large printing, and that pushed me a bit toward the A7RIV and away from the crop body. On the other hand, I'm guessing that for about the same net cost, I could pick up the crop body (either new or a6400) and have two bodies, which frankly would be really nice I think.

Anyone else with thoughts on this decision to share in anticipation of tomorrow's announcement?

Aug 27, 2019 at 11:28 AM
bluloo
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

Iím hoping for a significantly upgraded RX10M5 announcement, but that may not be for a while yet.

Aug 27, 2019 at 01:45 PM
saxguy
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

bluloo wrote:
Iím hoping for a significantly upgraded RX10M5 announcement, but that may not be for a while yet.

You mean the one with the full frame sensor?

Aug 27, 2019 at 04:49 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

I know what I want from tomorrow's announcement but doubt I will get it. What I want is a stacked BSI APS-C sensor in an A7RIV form factor body (larger battery, center EVF, new A7RIV grip and buttons) with a high enough sensor read speed to allow an A9 experience in the EVF. Basically e-shutter without distortion for BIF and blackout free.

More likely is the A6400 sensor again, with IBIS, maybe a few extra features (not sure what), dinky form factor etc. Also I guess we are supposed to get a budget A6200 also...don't care at all about that.

Aug 27, 2019 at 04:54 PM
Alex W
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

Give me a mini A9 with the EVF in the middle and Iím all over it.

Aug 27, 2019 at 04:58 PM
Jeff Kott
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

I prefer the smaller form factor.

Aug 27, 2019 at 04:59 PM
1bwana1
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

I have been waiting for a mini A9. I will take either form factor, but I want the whole A9 EVF, and AF system experience with an APS-C sensor for reach.

Short of that, I am not a buyer.

Aug 27, 2019 at 05:04 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

1bwana1 wrote:
I have been waiting for a mini A9. I will take either form factor, but I want the whole A9 EVF, and AF system experience with an APS-C sensor for reach.

Short of that, I am not a buyer.

I might forgive the typical A6XXX body if it had all the A9 experience. But I'd really hope for a bit of a bigger grip just to get the bigger battery into it. I end up into my 2nd battery even with the A9 for just a morning shoot. Can't imagine the amount of tiny batteries I'd have to bring along (not to mention buy) if it still has the smaller battery.

Aug 27, 2019 at 05:08 PM
lightskyland
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

arbitrage wrote:
I might forgive the typical A6XXX body if it had all the A9 experience. But I'd really hope for a bit of a bigger grip just to get the bigger battery into it. I end up into my 2nd battery even with the A9 for just a morning shoot. Can't imagine the amount of tiny batteries I'd have to bring along (not to mention buy) if it still has the smaller battery.

Well to be fair the small batteries are about $10 on eBay.

Aug 27, 2019 at 05:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

bluloo
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

saxguy wrote:
You mean the one with the full frame sensor?

Iíd settle for aPSC.

Aug 27, 2019 at 05:27 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

For me it has to have the bigger batteries and I need a real vertical grip. Not one from Menke or some crap like that. 2 card slots and itís a good chance Iíd buy one.

Now this comes at a time where the A7rIV in crop mode is 26mpx has bigger batteries, has vertical grip and you can use as full frame as well. Okay I know bigger, more money and all that. May not be your cup of tea. I get it but donít look at yourself. Some folks just may question why buy a APSC camera when they get a good one built in. This is a option we actually donít have at the moment at 26mpx . Itís a real option for some people to have both in one cam. Something to chew on in your mental debates with yourself.

Aug 27, 2019 at 05:27 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

GMPhotography wrote:
For me it has to have the bigger batteries and I need a real vertical grip. Not one from Menke or some crap like that. 2 card slots and itís a good chance Iíd buy one.

Now this comes at a time where the A7rIV in crop mode is 26mpx has bigger batteries, has vertical grip and you can use as full frame as well. Okay I know bigger, more money and all that. May not be your cup of tea. I get it but donít look at yourself. Some folks just may question why buy a APSC camera when
...Show more

I'd have preordered the A7RIV if it had a stacked BSI sensor with blackout free e-shutter that could be used for fast action...in a heartbeat

I'd actually prefer a FF solution over APS-C...just as I prefer my D850 over my D500 for more versatility.

Aug 27, 2019 at 05:30 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

arbitrage wrote:
I'd have preordered the A7RIV if it had a stacked BSI sensor with blackout free e-shutter that could be used for fast action...in a heartbeat

I'd actually prefer a FF solution over APS-C...just as I prefer my D850 over my D500 for more versatility.

Yes I know there is going to be some technically reasons one may not for sure. But it does add a option in here we kind of did not have before. Today itís either 18 or 11. Great for certain things for sure as I use it but 26mpx adds a new wrinkle

Aug 27, 2019 at 05:33 PM
tdlavigne
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

Unless they announce some long-awaited lenses the only way I could see it being worth the trouble is if it's a high-speed, sports oriented body (ideally bigger) to use the telephoto FE lenses. A small body with 8 year old medioce kit quality glass is played out. A small body with multiple huge FE lenses because there's no viable APS-C options is also silly. 3-4 APS-C lenses could've made the system a real option to consider for enthusiasts and pro shooters...instead they treat them like entry level soccer-mom quality kits (ie. Canon Rebels/Nikon D3XXX) with minor upgrades to justify the purchase.

How hard would it be to release a 16 or 17-50 or 55mm f2.8, similar size to the A-Mount or Fuji, a 50-135mm f2.8, and a 200mm f2.8? I would've said a smaller 35mm and 60mm f1.4 but Sigma beat them to the punch. Then just update the 16, 20, and 50mm. Maybe go with f2 for all three. With that the lineup would be solid and competitive with the other APS-C options.

I'd buy another 6300 (or more likely get the 6400) if they had just a couple of those available. As is, I'll just stick to FF for now and maybe dip my toe in the Fuji pool or back to m4/3 eventually for when I want a slightly smaller kit.

Aug 27, 2019 at 06:25 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

Be fun if they came out with a real rocket ship for wildlife and sport shooters. Tend to doubt it though.

Aug 27, 2019 at 06:33 PM
johnvanr
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

GMPhotography wrote:
Be fun if they came out with a real rocket ship for wildlife and sport shooters. Tend to doubt it though.

That would be the way to get me back to Sony, but I doubt it as well.

Aug 27, 2019 at 06:41 PM
josh paris
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

Fwiw....I saw the landing page for the A7sII is no longer valid or active...wonder what that could mean tomorrow?

Aug 27, 2019 at 07:26 PM
bluloo
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

josh paris wrote:
Fwiw....I saw the landing page for the A7sII is no longer valid or active...wonder what that could mean tomorrow?

It's overdue for a refresh

Aug 27, 2019 at 07:47 PM
lightskyland
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Pre-order: Sony A6600 & A6100 APS-C bodies + new APS-C G lenses!

tdlavigne wrote:
Unless they announce some long-awaited lenses the only way I could see it being worth the trouble is if it's a high-speed, sports oriented body (ideally bigger) to use the telephoto FE lenses. A small body with 8 year old medioce kit quality glass is played out. A small body with multiple huge FE lenses because there's no viable APS-C options is also silly. 3-4 APS-C lenses could've made the system a real option to consider for enthusiasts and pro shooters...instead they treat them like entry level soccer-mom quality kits (ie. Canon Rebels/Nikon D3XXX) with minor upgrades to justify the
...Show more

Very few people would buy that professional, APS-C only glass. Sony makes glass that sells.

There are plenty of high-quality options for Sony APS-C bodies that are appropriately sized given their focal length and lens speed. Here are a few:

Voigtlander 10/5.6
Voigtlander 12/5.6
Samyang 12/2 (APS-C)
Voigtlander 15/4.5
Voigtlander 21/3.5
Voigtlander 21/1.4
Sony 18-135 (APS-C)
Sony 24/1.4 GM
Sony 24/1.8 (APS-C)
Sony 28/2
Sony 35/2.8
Sony 35/1.8
Sony 55/1.8
Sony 85/1.8
Sigma 16/1.4 (APS-C)
Sigma 30/1.4 (APS-C)
Sigma 50/1.4 (APS-C)
Any of the 5 Loxia models
Any of the telephotos (no difference between FF and APS-C glass at telephoto length)

Aug 27, 2019 at 08:03 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password