New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2019 · Oil Paint function in Photoshop and Print options for these

golfnphotog
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Oil Paint function in Photoshop and Print options for these

Just curious to know if there are better programs/software to create these types of images and the best way to print these images.i.e. gloss paper/matte/canvas? These would be to display them in my office at work.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Aug 20, 2019 at 05:09 PM
Rags Hef
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Oil Paint function in Photoshop and Print options for these

check out "imagemasters work" ; Tony really does a great job with effects compositions

Rags

Aug 20, 2019 at 10:13 PM
Bernie
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Oil Paint function in Photoshop and Print options for these

Sometimes the best use of it is minimally. It allows a level of noise control and "pixel level restoration" that can work when printing large. Or see what it does when sliders go to maximum and your image is downsampled to ~1500 ay its longest dimension:

https://photos.smugmug.com/World/Ireland/i-KM6QWtC/11/188a350f/X2/N20130612_140437%20b_smugmug-X2.jpg

Aug 21, 2019 at 01:26 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Oil Paint function in Photoshop and Print options for these

Try Topaz as a Photoshop plug-in. I find that many apply the effects too strongly. Learn to use the Photoshop “Fade” option to reduce the effect so it does not look as fake.

There are very few of these type of images that I would print on glossy paper.

Aug 24, 2019 at 11:13 PM
Charlie San
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Oil Paint function in Photoshop and Print options for these

I second Topaz and you might consider joining the "Topaz Users Group" FB group to get an idea of what can be done. I use a number of their products but generally turn to Topaz Impressions for "painterly" effects. This was done with one my own presets I call "Fairy Tale". I much prefer a light touch:

https://photos.smugmug.com/Europe/United-Kingdom/Scotland/Edinburgh/i-5tBVpPw/0/7e83523c/M/06042017_226_Hopper-M.jpg

Sep 11, 2019 at 11:33 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Oil Paint function in Photoshop and Print options for these

Another option that I use is Corel painter. It's a fully capable painter which allows you to take full control of the painting...or put it into auto mode and pick the effects you want and let it do the painting for you. More expensive than PS plugins...but much more capable and hands on if you like.

Free trial to give it a go.

Sep 18, 2019 at 10:26 AM

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.