New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2019 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses numerous third party options
Since the A7 series introduction back in October 2013, Sony and third party lens makers have been rapidly releasing full frame E-mount lenses. We started with some APS-C choices and a couple a ZA full frame lenses but 6 years ago, most shooters relied on third party adapted lenses for their Sony E-mount cameras. Although adapted lenses still remain a great alternative to native FE lenses, this trend seems to be subsiding for a while now.

This is without counting native lenses from third party lens makers:
  1. Zeiss: 5 Loxia and 5 Batis lenses
  2. Voigtlander: 11 native lenses
  3. Samyang AF: 7 native lenses
  4. Sigma: At first, we had their popular DSLR designs adapted to Sony E-mount and now we finally have 3 new native lenses designed for mirrorless.
  5. Tamron with two popular zooms: 17-28/2.8 and 28-75/2.8 for Sony E-mount

Let's not forget Tokina Firin's line and Laowa who produced many outstanding and unique lenses for the E-mount

I'm sure I'm forgetting to count many other native lenses for the E-mount.

What are we missing?

Jul 31, 2019 at 01:04 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

Impressive! However, there are several APS-C lenses in that image there, Fred! There are mostly in the lower right hand side.

Jul 31, 2019 at 01:10 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

AGeoJO wrote:
Impressive! However, there are several APS-C lenses in that image there, Fred! There are mostly in the lower right hand side.

Yes, Sony started their full frame mirrorless line-up with many APS-C choices already in production. One mount for all their cameras (full frame, APS-C and professional video)

Jul 31, 2019 at 01:17 PM
LBJ2
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

Emount Life is indeed good and getting better. As I was corrected recently FE from 10mm-600mm counting Voigt UWAs. Native FE 12mm-600mm. Hopefully more on the way soon. Dreaming of the FE 100/1.4 personally.

Jul 31, 2019 at 01:19 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

Fred Miranda wrote:
Yes, Sony started their full frame mirrorless line-up with many APS-C choices already in production. One mount for all their cameras (full frame, APS-C and professional video)

Yup, that's true. The writing is on the wall for their A-mount cameras.... They will follow Betamax to the land of the dodo. In reality though, do we even care which video format ended up winning at this point? DVDs or even Blue-Ray are passé... Sorry for going off-topic, Fred.

Jul 31, 2019 at 01:23 PM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

The photo includes both TCs which appear to be included in the count of 52. I am not doing too well in my FE mount lenses with only the 100-400 GM and both TCs.

Everything else is still all adapted legacy glass. But they are Leica R and M-mount lenses at least along with my lenses to use with my A7r/A7rIII on my Cambo Actus.

Rich

Jul 31, 2019 at 01:24 PM
trogdon
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

I’d like to see someone make a more compact and affordable 70-200 or 70-300 lens. I’m using an adapted Tamron USD 70-300 right now, but I’d prefer a native option that performs better. The 70-300 Sony G is just way out of my price range.

I’d also like to see a revised 24-70mm f4. Nikon has proven you can make a better one, and come in a lot more compact than a 24-105

Jul 31, 2019 at 01:27 PM
LBJ2
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

trogdon wrote:
I’d like to see someone make a more compact and affordable 70-200 or 70-300 lens. I’m using an adapted Tamron USD 70-300 right now, but I’d prefer a native option that performs better. The 70-300 Sony G is just way out of my price range.

I’d also like to see a revised 24-70mm f4. Nikon has proven you can make a better one, and come in a lot more compact than a 24-105

Don’t rule out the FE 70-200/4 can probably find a well priced good condition used copy.

Jul 31, 2019 at 01:30 PM
DaveFP
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

Hope Canon folks are not too possessive but I consider these to be ours too:
https://www.lightandmatter.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/canon-lenses-1155x587.jpg

and these:
https://www.zeiss.com/content/dam/camera-lenses/images/photography/products/milvus/milvus-video-set/product/zeiss-milvus-lenses-product-01.jpg

Edited on Jul 31, 2019 at 01:31 PM · View previous versions

Jul 31, 2019 at 01:30 PM
LBJ2
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

DaveFP wrote:
https://www.lightandmatter.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/canon-lenses-1155x587.jpg

😳😂🤣

Jul 31, 2019 at 01:31 PM
Lifeinpictures
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

Wondering if the weather sealed FE lenses can stand up to the elements like Olympus, Fuji and Panasonic.
With a well sealed Sony body (?), it would be a perfect combo for outdoor use in adverse weather conditions.

Jul 31, 2019 at 01:37 PM
LBJ2
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

Lifeinpictures wrote:
Wondering if the weather sealed FE lenses can stand up to the elements like Olympus, Fuji and Panasonic.
With a well sealed Sony body (?), it would be a perfect combo for outdoor use in adverse weather conditions.

Batis absolutely. I think Loxia too. So far my GM 24-70 seems to doing very well too 2 years into it.

Jul 31, 2019 at 01:41 PM
Charlie N
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

AGeoJO wrote:

APS-C glass I'm finding is pretty darn useful for video due to very unique features. Electronic zoom + clear image zoom fully integrated, is pretty spectacular. FF glass only has one lens that can do electronic zoom, the 28-135, but it's really big.

Jul 31, 2019 at 01:44 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

DaveFP wrote:

and these:
https://www.zeiss.com/content/dam/camera-lenses/images/photography/products/milvus/milvus-video-set/product/zeiss-milvus-lenses-product-01.jpg

With a few exceptions most lenses can be adapted to the Sony E-mount and that includes SLR and rangefinder optical designs.

Many folks like using the Zeiss Otus line on the Sony as well.

Jul 31, 2019 at 03:11 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

DaveFP wrote:

and these:

Very true. I still have more Canon mount lenses than FE mount lenses and do just fine. Adapting really opens up the entire universe.

Jul 31, 2019 at 03:15 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

Gotta be someone that is hoarding all of them. We may never know

No don't even think it. Lol

Jul 31, 2019 at 03:17 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

GMPhotography wrote:

Hoarding is one thing, using is a completely different thing .

Jul 31, 2019 at 03:19 PM
fededuran
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

I'm missing more loxias. A 15mm for instance.

Jul 31, 2019 at 03:20 PM
DaveFP
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

GMPhotography wrote:

Not me but I'd never admit it even if I was.

Not even here.....

Jul 31, 2019 at 03:44 PM
LBJ2
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Sony E-mount with 52 Sony lenses + numerous third party options

GMPhotography wrote:

😳 you mean like my BetaMax player? 🤔

Jul 31, 2019 at 03:54 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.