New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2019 · Color corrected monitor profile for colorblind

austinschutz
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Color corrected monitor profile for colorblind

Here is some of the feedback I received when posting a less specific question: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1551579/0?keyword=color,blind#14518100

Aug 28, 2019 at 11:02 PM
lighthound
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Color corrected monitor profile for colorblind

pchaplo wrote:
I find this most interesting. This is somewhat OT, but I remember reading the color correction book (pre-press for offset printing of photographs) by Dan Margulis. He stated that he could color correct even if he used a black and white monitor as he knew the "numbers" (cmyk levels for Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and K=Black) and he could sample and adjust by the numbers. See more about his newer book below.

Here is the Dan Margulis website: http://www.moderncolorworkflow.com/
Good reading for everyone!

PS: Also, I had a printmaking prof who was color blind and he found a way to mix inks
...Show more

Thanks! I'll check out Dan's book and see if it can shed some light on a better workflow for me. Chasing numbers like I've been doing is so time consuming and second guessing myself never ends.

Dave
---------------------------------------------

austinschutz wrote:
I am also color deficient, it's a frustrating thing because you don't know just what you are 'missing' and how you can 'correct' it. I've come to the conclusion, however, that my editing is primarily for my eyes and have generally gotten the feedback that it looks nice (although I'm sure a bit stylized). The samples you posted look tremendous, in terms of composition and editing, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I agree, it is extremely frustrating and time consuming. I'm going to start pushing myself to just let go and not worry about my color balance not being perfect. It's easier said than done for me due to my OCD / perfectionist nature but it's the only way I'll be able to start enjoying this hobby I think.

Thanks for the kind words on those photos!

Dave

Aug 29, 2019 at 07:51 AM
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.