New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2019 · Frustrating LR CC issue

gheller
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Frustrating LR CC issue

Hi

Sorry for the frustrating tone, but this is maddening!

I was in the middle of editing a batch of pix when I inserted a memory card. LR switched over to those images as if I wanted to import them (I didn't)

When I went back to import the original batch...they are ALL GREYED OUT !!!

I have been using PS for decades and recently switched over to LR. I love it, but this is the second time this has happened to me and I don't remember how I rectified the situation the first time.

Thanks for any advice. I seem to remember it was pretty simple, but for the life of me cannot get back to where I was (half way thru editing in the Development tab).

Thanks!

Greg

Jul 29, 2019 at 01:00 PM
butchM
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Frustrating LR CC issue

Have you found a solution yet? Not exactly sure what it is you need, though, any images that are 'greyed out' in the Import dialog, indicates that those images have already been imported into Lightroom. Then it's merely finding where those images were imported using the either the Library module's folder hierarchy ... or filtering system ... to access the images within Lightroom.

Jul 30, 2019 at 08:09 AM
gheller
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Frustrating LR CC issue

butchM wrote:
Have you found a solution yet? Not exactly sure what it is you need, though, any images that are 'greyed out' in the Import dialog, indicates that those images have already been imported into Lightroom. Then it's merely finding where those images were imported using the either the Library module's folder hierarchy ... or filtering system ... to access the images within Lightroom.

Yes, got it. thanks for your follow up

Jul 30, 2019 at 12:43 PM
jlehet
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Frustrating LR CC issue

Personally, I uncheck "show import dialog when memory card is inserted (general tab of preferences), and I do all of my importing by manually putting files where I want them in the Finder (mac). Then to add to LR I drag them onto LR and do not let LR duplicate or move the files. I found that both in personal use and in teaching LR that the seeming extra steps make everything clearer and less prone to glitches. I also change the file names in the finder (through an Automator service) so every file has a unique name no matter how many times the camera goes around the clock.

Aug 02, 2019 at 06:37 AM
gheller
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Frustrating LR CC issue

Great tip, thanks!

Aug 02, 2019 at 12:11 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.