New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2019 · When to apply Topaz de noise in the workflow

visualpauses
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · When to apply Topaz de noise in the workflow

I'm planning to evaluate Topaz denoise for noise removal, and I'm unsure of when to apply it. Should it be the first thing before any edits, or should it be the last step after sharpening, or should it be the second-last step just before sharpening?

Any tips would greatly help!

Edited on Jul 14, 2019 at 10:42 PM · View previous versions

Jul 14, 2019 at 01:07 AM
steve g
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · When to apply Topaz de noise in the workflow

Topaz is a lot of different things. I assume you mean Topaz studio. You could use it to do a whole edit or selectively at different stages. Let us know what you have and what over plug-ins you currently use.

Jul 14, 2019 at 05:57 PM
visualpauses
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · When to apply Topaz de noise in the workflow

steve g wrote:
Topaz is a lot of different things. I assume you mean Topaz studio. You could use it to do a whole edit or selectively at different stages. Let us know what you have and what over plug-ins you currently use.

Thank you for the explanation, Steve, I will update the OP title to be more specific. I am planning to evaluate Topaz’s noise removal software and my questions are with respect to that.

Jul 14, 2019 at 09:51 PM
elkhornsun
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · When to apply Topaz de noise in the workflow

I do my adjustments to the Raw imported file (which becomes a 16-bit TIFF) and then use something like Topaz prior to resizing for the output and then the last step is sharpening which is based on the output size, with more sharpening the smaller the output image file will be. A 500x500 ppi image will be sharpened a great deal more than a 4000 x 4000 ppi image file.

I retain the original that has not been resized and make individual reduced size files from it to get a lower resolution file using the original or source file.

Jul 14, 2019 at 09:53 PM
visualpauses
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · When to apply Topaz de noise in the workflow

elkhornsun wrote:
I do my adjustments to the Raw imported file (which becomes a 16-bit TIFF) and then use something like Topaz prior to resizing for the output and then the last step is sharpening which is based on the output size, with more sharpening the smaller the output image file will be. A 500x500 ppi image will be sharpened a great deal more than a 4000 x 4000 ppi image file.

I retain the original that has not been resized and make individual reduced size files from it to get a lower resolution file using the original or source file.

Thanks very much for the detailed input !

Jul 15, 2019 at 05:09 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.