1       2       3              51      
       end

Voigtlander 21mm f/1.4 Nokton Review

MAubrey
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.52 #1 · p.52 #1 · Voigtlander 21mm f/1.4 Nokton Review

photonoclast wrote:
I wonder about copy variation in all these tests. I apparently lucked into a stellar copy of the color-skopar. I honestly can't see any evidence of the reported mid-zone dip in any real photos. It's super sharp across the frame at f5.6, and plenty good enough wide open. If I were you I'd make my decision based purely on your need for f1.4 vs your desire for ultrasmall - that's the tradeoff, and I doubt you'd see any important difference beyond f4 or at least f5.6.

Yeah, that's a legitimate question. At the very least, we know that when Fred says a lens is well-centered that it is, but there's certainly more to copy variation than centering.

Mar 16, 2024 at 08:06 PM
virtualrain
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.52 #2 · p.52 #2 · Voigtlander 21mm f/1.4 Nokton Review

photonoclast wrote:
I wonder about copy variation in all these tests. I apparently lucked into a stellar copy of the color-skopar. I honestly can't see any evidence of the reported mid-zone dip in any real photos. It's super sharp across the frame at f5.6, and plenty good enough wide open. If I were you I'd make my decision based purely on your need for f1.4 vs your desire for ultrasmall - that's the tradeoff, and I doubt you'd see any important difference beyond f4 or at least f5.6.

Yeah, I’m going to stick with my Color-Skopar. At that focal length I don’t need a large aperture and the small size is super nice.

Mar 17, 2024 at 03:07 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.