New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2019 · P800 on Uncoated Paper

Lee Saxon
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · P800 on Uncoated Paper

Edit: Nevermind my mistake, I was getting greyish results because my PK lines were blocked, not because I couldn't find good settings for plain paper.

Edited on Jul 08, 2019 at 12:14 PM · View previous versions

Jul 05, 2019 at 10:32 AM
Bernie
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · P800 on Uncoated Paper

Not really familiar with that printer (I have the P7000), but looking at the user manual, I would treat the uncoated side as standard office paper (matte) and let the printer control the printing. In the advanced settings you can adjust gamma, tonality, contrast, and other settings which may let you get a truer black. You also have sliders to adjust for any color casts to get the black you need.

Jul 06, 2019 at 09:57 AM
Drew Hendrix

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · P800 on Uncoated Paper

Lee -

The back of Pecos Gloss is uncoated. There is a "starch" coating on it for stability but that does not really change print or color performance. Your best option is to use the Plain Paper setting at highest quality. Hitting a spot color will be difficult but you will be in the ball park. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jul 08, 2019 at 11:22 AM
Lee Saxon
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · P800 on Uncoated Paper

Thanks y'all, turned out my PK lines were just clogged, after fixing that I'm getting plenty good enough results on plain paper.

Jul 08, 2019 at 12:22 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.