New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2019 · Great site for Film Shooters

anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Great site for Film Shooters

https://emulsive.org

For those of us who are still enjoying film, I came across this site, again via RFF. There is, e.g., a section that for those of you all who travel internationally, a link to global developing labs. My wife and I are likely going to Paris this coming Winter. I will be able to avoid all the BS about "is film affected by security scanners" simply by purchasing the film in Paris and having it developed prior to our return. As well, there appear to be some very well-done articles, one in particular does a comparative analysis of NLP 2.0 version with Color Perfect. HTH, anthony

Jun 28, 2019 at 07:27 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Great site for Film Shooters

Thanks for sharing this link - I came across this site in the past but admit that I rarely ever made use of it and the articles therein. Lots of advertisement on the site (an ad blocker helps a bit), and I normally found better reviews or information when just googling for specific keywords of my interest. But just screening through the site and looking at some blogs there can be fun. As you said, there can some gems found in there!

I have traveled to and from Europe with film cartridges, and not even once any of my films were harmed by the scanners in airports. Just to avoid any kind of uncertainty, I got an old little film transport bag made of lead foil. I used this a couple times in my carry-on luggage, and it never raised eyebrows or curiosity. But you will be totally fine carrying film without protection through the scanners if the ISO is 800 or lower.

Jun 28, 2019 at 09:31 AM
1joel1
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Great site for Film Shooters

A similar site which sometimes has some interesting content:

https://www.35mmc.com/

Cheers!

Jun 28, 2019 at 12:59 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Great site for Film Shooters

Excellent.....1joel1. Thank you so much...

Jun 28, 2019 at 01:31 PM
sirimiri
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Great site for Film Shooters

Awesome, thanks both!

Jun 29, 2019 at 05:21 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.