FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2019 · Inkcaps Through Laowa 15mm Macro on FF

e6filmuser
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Inkcaps Through Laowa 15mm Macro on FF

The lens can give a unique perspective for close-ups. It gives 1:1 at a working distance of under 5mm! These were taken at up to 0.2:1, with a working distance of something like 60 to 70mm.

These are the kind of images I wanted to use it for and suitable subjects and settings do not present themselves very often.

Using ultra wide-angle lenses is tricky, with a macro one it is all the more so. My technique need refinement but these images show what I want to achieve. In particular, I wanted to use it for stereos. Of course the best effect for wide angle lenses is obtained with a full frame camera, as used, but the files are huge and take much longer than my m4/3 ones to process and take up far more storage space.

This was a very dull, overcast morning, under thick cloud but these mushrooms may be at their best for only a few hours.

Some of the images were shot from a slightly higher viewpoint but, essentially, I was lying almost flat on the ground.

Sony Alpha A7r (aperture priority), Laowa 15mm f4 wide angle 1x macro lens, 1/20, 1/30 & 1/40 at f11.

The stereos are crosseye. All the images are uncropped.

Harold

Jun 26, 2019 at 11:42 PM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Inkcaps Through Laowa 15mm Macro on FF

This is a selection of the mushrooms a day later, when they were past their best.

Olympus EM-1 (aperture priority), Olympus 4/3 x2 TC, Olympus 4/3 50mm f2 macro, f9 orf11, hand-held.

Harold

Harold Gough 2019

Harold Gough 2019

Harold Gough 2019

Jun 27, 2019 at 12:14 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Inkcaps Through Laowa 15mm Macro on FF

Very nice photography Harold! What a large mass of these "'shrooms".
Douglas

Jun 27, 2019 at 07:27 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Inkcaps Through Laowa 15mm Macro on FF

douter wrote:
Very nice photography Harold! What a large mass of these "'shrooms".
Douglas

Thanks, Douglas.

Yes, there are numerous colonies and more appearing each time they pop up. Their food is probably the dead root system of a huge Pussy Willow we felled a few years ago. They seem to fruit whenever there has been moderate rain recently.

Their current state (2 minutes ago) is that they are all prostrate, two-dimensional, flattened against the substrate and looking like flakes of ash from burnt paper.

It is a Coprinellus, of which there are several similar species, two of which we have in our garden, one of them probably an undescribed species.

Harold

Jun 27, 2019 at 07:49 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Inkcaps Through Laowa 15mm Macro on FF

Good looking images Harold

Morris

Jun 27, 2019 at 08:16 AM
hayath
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Inkcaps Through Laowa 15mm Macro on FF

Some cool perspectives and images, Harold!

Jun 28, 2019 at 04:35 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Inkcaps Through Laowa 15mm Macro on FF

morris wrote:
Good looking images Harold

Morris

hayath wrote:
Some cool perspectives and images, Harold!

Thanks.

I have just packed it for a, principally dragonfly, trip this afternoon. I have no idea whether I will use it.

Harold

Jun 28, 2019 at 05:06 AM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.