FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2019 · Long Tailed Silky Flycatcher

Johnwocher
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Long Tailed Silky Flycatcher

I shot this/these from a car window in Costa Rica on our way to our lodge. I am told that the Silky Flycatcher is not an easy bird to see and photograph. The odds of seeing three together near the ground is one in a million. There was only one Silky Flycatcher on the barb wire, but I thought he was lonely. Same bird, three rapid consecutive shots before he flew away, processed identically in Photoshop Elements 2019 only, then cut two of the cropped bird images and pasted them into the first image, blurring slightly the crop lines and lining them up on the barb wire. Hola! If I take these into Lightroom, process all three identically and then take them into Photoshop, you will not be able to tell this is a composite. The key is not cutting out the birds (very, very hard to do), but if you essentially have the same background, cropping two of the bird images (cutting the entire cropped image) and pasting it into a complete image, is not so difficult. This took perhaps 30 minutes. I also added catchlights in the birds eyes to make them stand out. This might give chest pain to the purists, but I hope you enjoy it for what it is....., Flycatchers Larry, Curly and Moe. Or more correctly, Larry, Larry and Larry. 😳
John

A Three Pose Portrait

Jun 26, 2019 at 06:33 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Long Tailed Silky Flycatcher

Lovely image John. Sometimes great things happen

Morris

Jun 26, 2019 at 07:07 PM
kdacharya
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Long Tailed Silky Flycatcher

nicely done, John. Don't worry about the purists. Photography is expression of every photographers artistic expression. I'm with you.

Jun 27, 2019 at 04:27 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.