Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2019 · Best consumer lab (for wedding album)

newjerseysurf
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Best consumer lab (for wedding album)

looking to print a wedding album for my wife and i's first year anniversary.

we obviously didn't spring for the offerings from our photographer so we are forced to DIY.

sounds like Millers is great, but pro only. so how about on the consumer side - what are the best?

MPIX?

Adorama?

Bay Photo?

something else?

thanks all!

Jun 26, 2019 at 06:20 PM
DougVaughn
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Best consumer lab (for wedding album)

I've had great luck with Bay Photo and Meridian Pro, although I haven't printed an actual album (have done prints and photo books). Bay has an excellent reputation for that kind of work. I also just used Richard Photo Lab for prints for the first time and am very impressed. I've used them to process and scan film multiple times and decided to try their prints as they were on sale.

Jun 26, 2019 at 07:44 PM
GroovyGeek
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Best consumer lab (for wedding album)

I have used Adorama multiple times. If you soft proof with their profiles things are good. If you let them auto correct it is a hit and miss.

Jun 26, 2019 at 10:59 PM
newjerseysurf
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Best consumer lab (for wedding album)

bumping this for more insights. thanks to those that have already provided!

Jun 29, 2019 at 02:42 PM
gheller
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Best consumer lab (for wedding album)

Check out ZNO books. I am a full time wedding shooter, this what I use for my clients.

greg

Jun 29, 2019 at 07:28 PM
ruminasean

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Best consumer lab (for wedding album)

I've never printed a book with them, but White House is spot on for me for prints, with dozens of clients.

I'm also assembling a book for myself with Blurb right now. Friends tell me they're great as well.

Jul 10, 2019 at 01:55 PM
amacal1
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Best consumer lab (for wedding album)

I've used the cheaper Blurb books, but I would never call them high quality. I like that you can print an absurd number of pages, affordably. Also, they have templates with zero formatting and cropping, which further facilitates printing hundreds of pages of photos easily. Edit: I just want to make clear that I'm talking about their cheap books. I don't know if they have options for higher quality books, and if they do I can't comment on those.

However, for high quality printing I've always used Bay Photo. I've never done a book, but I've used a fair number of their products from c-prints, fine art prints, canvas, acrylic, etc. and everything has been spot on. I should note that I've proofed with their color profile rather than leave color adjustments to them.

Jul 10, 2019 at 08:31 PM
elkhornsun
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Best consumer lab (for wedding album)

For the best possible results it is better to have a pro lab produce the prints and then have them bound by an album company. A lot more choices on the albums if you go this way. I get the prints from the lab and then send them to the album company.

Jul 14, 2019 at 09:55 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.