Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              17      
18
       end
  

Now in Stock: Sigma 35/1.2 Art, Sigma 45/2.8 and Sigma 14-24/2.8

  
 
vdo1
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.18 #1 · p.18 #1 · Now in Stock: Sigma 35/1.2 Art, Sigma 45/2.8 and Sigma 14-24/2.8


Fred Miranda wrote:
Not much love for the 35/1.2 Art here:
https://diglloyd.com/blog/2019/20190907_0530-SigmaFE35f1_2_DG_DN-ReaderComment.html

Not my experience with this lens.


Can’t believe you’re reading that

On the same note, the first review on B&H for the FE 35mm 1.8 was “1 star, terrible cat eyes and onion rings, returned”. While the off center bokeh balls shape is debatable (looks more like oval to me), there’s definitely no onion rings there (I suspect they used their “XA” process for the aspheric element, there is a slight, rather random pattern similar to the GM lenses described as “XA”).

So here’s what I have to say: pics or it didn’t happen. And I’m not going to pay that site in order to see their “test pics”.



Sep 07, 2019 at 01:21 PM
photomadnz
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.18 #2 · p.18 #2 · Now in Stock: Sigma 35/1.2 Art, Sigma 45/2.8 and Sigma 14-24/2.8


I used to have a subscription to that site but AngryLloyd seems to find fault with almost everything and anything. I kind of got sick of his doom and gloom...


Sep 07, 2019 at 08:53 PM
MrTMan
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.18 #3 · p.18 #3 · Now in Stock: Sigma 35/1.2 Art, Sigma 45/2.8 and Sigma 14-24/2.8


To be fair to Lloyd though, the test shots of the 35/1.2 behind his paywall look legitimately bad, with a very high level of spherical aberration and terrible sharpness. I think he must have a bad copy, as his shots are entirely inconsistent with the images that have been posted here.

The fact that he says two other people complained of similar performance makes me wonder about sample variation with this lens. I’ll be very interested to see Roger’s test results on that front.



Sep 08, 2019 at 07:24 AM
wind30
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.18 #4 · p.18 #4 · Now in Stock: Sigma 35/1.2 Art, Sigma 45/2.8 and Sigma 14-24/2.8


MrTMan wrote:
To be fair to Lloyd though, the test shots of the 35/1.2 behind his paywall look legitimately bad, with a very high level of spherical aberration and terrible sharpness. I think he must have a bad copy, as his shots are entirely inconsistent with the images that have been posted here.

The fact that he says two other people complained of similar performance makes me wonder about sample variation with this lens. I’ll be very interested to see Roger’s test results on that front.


I am just Glad I got my copy of the sigma f1.2. After so many 35/40mm, I think my search has finally ended.





Sep 08, 2019 at 07:38 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

j4nu
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.18 #5 · p.18 #5 · Now in Stock: Sigma 35/1.2 Art, Sigma 45/2.8 and Sigma 14-24/2.8


wind30 wrote:
I am just Glad I got my copy of the sigma f1.2. After so many 35/40mm, I think my search has finally ended.


You seem to have used both Sigmas: 14-24 mm and 35 mm, could you tell me which feels "better" once attached to the camera? 35mm is heavy but seems to be balanced alright so it's not that bad I'd say. Is 14-24mm similar?



Sep 08, 2019 at 07:54 AM
wind30
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.18 #6 · p.18 #6 · Now in Stock: Sigma 35/1.2 Art, Sigma 45/2.8 and Sigma 14-24/2.8


j4nu wrote:
You seem to have used both Sigmas: 14-24 mm and 35 mm, could you tell me which feels "better" once attached to the camera? 35mm is heavy but seems to be balanced alright so it's not that bad I'd say. Is 14-24mm similar?


The sigma 14-24mm is significantly better handling/weight than the 35mm. The 35mm is heavy but balanced.

The 14-24mm is better.




Sep 09, 2019 at 08:44 PM
j4nu
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.18 #7 · p.18 #7 · Now in Stock: Sigma 35/1.2 Art, Sigma 45/2.8 and Sigma 14-24/2.8


wind30 wrote:
The sigma 14-24mm is significantly better handling/weight than the 35mm. The 35mm is heavy but balanced.

The 14-24mm is better.


Thanks!



Sep 10, 2019 at 12:09 AM
1       2       3              17      
18
       end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              17      
18
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password