New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2019 · Blending Photos Question

AmbientMike
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Blending Photos Question

I shoot a lot of hh macro. A lot of times, you get one photo with a much better composition, but it's basically oof. Then you get another where maybe it's a bit to the side, not as good a composition, but the focus is good.

So how do I put them together?

I already know how to use layers. I guess I just need to be able to move the in-focus photo around, so I can "paint" in the in focus area in the right location using a layer mask? If that makes sense. If there's a way to automatically line up the photos, that'd be great. I use gimp, but a lot of times if I get ps directions I can Google to find a similar tool. Videos, links, search terms, etc might be good, as well. Posted to photo critique and pp & printing boards.

Jun 23, 2019 at 06:30 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Blending Photos Question

Sounds like you are wanting to use the Move Tool (V) to push the layer around to line it up with the other layer(s). Should be the upper most tool in your tool bar, looks like a plus sign with arrows on all four points.

The other thing you can try is to use Photomerge to select the multiple files and let PS line them up for you. You can also "resposition" and/or adjust the layers and masks that PS will apply when it tries to line them up.

File>Automate>Photomerge.

You'll have the option to select from different modes of Photomerge. I use REPOSITION, as it allows you to reposition things (go figure) on the different layers it makes for EACH file selected.

Jun 23, 2019 at 06:55 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.