Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2019 · Anyone go relatively recently to Ding Darling?

shadow9d9
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone go relatively recently to Ding Darling?

My friend and I were thinking of going to Ding Darling for bird photography. He just wanted to make sure that the conditions are still good for birds, as he hasn't heard much about it in the recent years. Has anyone visited recently?

Jun 21, 2019 at 03:36 PM
CaddisCO
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone go relatively recently to Ding Darling?

My wife and I went to Ding Darling during the second week of April this year. We went there for the bird photography, and enjoyed it. I can't compare the conditions with what it has been like in the past, since this was only our second time there in 30 years.

April is pretty late for the winter birds, and starting to get rather hot. But we saw a decent number of birds that were new to us (coming from Colorado), including a few Roseate Spoonbills, Little blue Herons, Reddish Egret, Willets, White Ibises, sandpipers, and even a couple of Magnificent Frigatebirds. So we were happy.

We also spent a day at Corkscrew Swamp, which is a couple of hour drive from Sanibel Island, but was possibly my favorite place from our trip. If you haven't been there, you might want to check it out.

Here is an album of some of what we saw on the trip, which included Ding Darling plus several other south Florida locations including parts of the Everglades: https://www.fernlakephotography.com/Unlisted/2019/SouthFlorida/n-7DxmCv

Jun 23, 2019 at 08:25 AM
shadow9d9
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone go relatively recently to Ding Darling?

Great. Thanks so much for the response!

Jun 23, 2019 at 10:27 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.