New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2019 · Nikon Z Camera Setup

AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Nikon Z Camera Setup

I found that setting strange. What’s the upside to same size JPEGs? I thought the point of jpeg compression was to keep given quality and reduce size as much as possible given image contents?

Dj R wrote:
for folks shooting jpg and raw, or jpg

JPG Fine “★ “ (star)
vs.
JPG Fine (no star)

“Choose options with ★ to maximize quality, options without ★ to ensure that all images have more or less the same file size.”

Aug 17, 2019 at 09:06 PM
AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Nikon Z Camera Setup

Bumping this thread back to the top. Got another Z and it's been a while, I want to shorten the learning curve, but seems Z's are gaining in popularity so thought it might be helpful to someone else as well.

Aug 21, 2020 at 03:40 PM
mawz
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Nikon Z Camera Setup

Bumping for all the folks picking up a Z5 at the current low, low pricing.

May 12, 2021 at 12:03 PM
AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Nikon Z Camera Setup

@RoamingScott, something I put together first time I switched to a Z6 from an A7III and R2. Might be of interest.

AdaptedLenses wrote:
At Dj R's request, thought I'd share what I mapped out while setting up my camera. The ability of the U1-3 modes to save control configurations, as well as some basic XMP data being read by ACR opens up some possibilities. Feel free to pick apart my layouts or offer suggestions. There are probably some other slight differences I haven't mapped out yet, but its a good starting point.

A Mode is my default and where I spend a lot of time. U1 is for shooting family and switched to Auto Area and AF-C to hopefully get Eye AF if my
...Show more

Dec 15, 2021 at 08:26 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.