Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              72      
73
       end
  

Pre-order: Sony FE 200-600 f5.6-6.3 G OSS ($1,998)

  
 
mxer1255kx
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.73 #1 · p.73 #1 · Pre-order: Sony FE 200-600 f5.6-6.3 G OSS ($1,998)


Has anyone else had issues with dust/dirt inside the lens? After only a few days of use a big spec of dirt/dust is on the inside of the front element. Not cool for a weather sealed internal zoom.


Aug 26, 2019 at 12:25 PM
MikeEvangelist
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.73 #2 · p.73 #2 · Pre-order: Sony FE 200-600 f5.6-6.3 G OSS ($1,998)


jrtriebe wrote:
I found that response unsatisfactory as I've been following this thread and know many folks had ordered from B&H, and likely more than a few after I placed my order, and yet my order was still "back ordered".


This is mystifying to me as well. The only explanation/guess I can come up with is that Sony may have specifically made two distinct shipments to B&H, with one being ear-marked for the orders place by Pro Support members who registered their orders with Sony; the other (simultaneous shipment) being for general release. Only this second batch was used to fulfill 'normal' orders. B&H, and others who participated in this prioritization plan, were probably told that they would get enough extra lenses to cover the Pro orders, beyond what Sony would have normally allocated to ship them. So there's no downside for the dealer, as they can still fill normal orders in the same way they would have. It's just a guess, but fits the facts.



Aug 26, 2019 at 12:43 PM
dallvr
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.73 #3 · p.73 #3 · Pre-order: Sony FE 200-600 f5.6-6.3 G OSS ($1,998)


trstahly wrote:
ů
Who is not using a gimbal or at least a Arca Swiss type head on their tripods these days?

What are Canon and Sony thinking about when they include lens feet that virtually nobody uses or in my case can use. Does anyone have a tripod these days with a 3/8" screw to mount your camera or lens on to?

The dovetail sure does not hurt anything and if Wimberly sells them at a profit for $79 the lens makers have their head of their rear ends for not supplying them.
ů.


This is a pet peeve of mine too, as I wait for the RRS replacement foot to arrive at B&H so they can fill my preorder.



Aug 26, 2019 at 01:57 PM
Karl Witt
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.73 #4 · p.73 #4 · Pre-order: Sony FE 200-600 f5.6-6.3 G OSS ($1,998)


mxer1255kx wrote:
Has anyone else had issues with dust/dirt inside the lens? After only a few days of use a big spec of dirt/dust is on the inside of the front element. Not cool for a weather sealed internal zoom.


There is a more likely possibility that it was in there to start with and relocated itself. Perhaps it will go back in hiding again
Karl



Aug 26, 2019 at 02:07 PM
jrtriebe
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.73 #5 · p.73 #5 · Pre-order: Sony FE 200-600 f5.6-6.3 G OSS ($1,998)


MikeEvangelist wrote:
This is mystifying to me as well. The only explanation/guess I can come up with is that Sony may have specifically made two distinct shipments to B&H, with one being ear-marked for the orders place by Pro Support members who registered their orders with Sony; the other (simultaneous shipment) being for general release. Only this second batch was used to fulfill 'normal' orders. B&H, and others who participated in this prioritization plan, were probably told that they would get enough extra lenses to cover the Pro orders, beyond what Sony would have normally allocated to ship them. So there's no
...Show more

I received a call from Israel, a Customer Service Supervisor at B&H who reviewed my case, and e-mails, and said flat out that someone in B&H screwed up. He said that someone took it upon themselves to ship the lens that had been set aside for me, to another customer, thinking that B&H would get another shipment from Sony before my requested ship date. That second shipment didn't arrive in time, and that caused the problem. I thanked him for the call, and told him the "back order" e-mail should have never been sent out.

He offered a "gift card" for my inconvenience, and that allowed me to take B&H off my "black list".



Aug 27, 2019 at 04:58 PM
mxer1255kx
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.73 #6 · p.73 #6 · Pre-order: Sony FE 200-600 f5.6-6.3 G OSS ($1,998)


Karl Witt wrote:
There is a more likely possibility that it was in there to start with and relocated itself. Perhaps it will go back in hiding again
Karl


Part of me hopes that's the cause and the weather sealing is good. But then part of me wonders how such a large piece of something was in the lens to begin with. Hopefully I just got a fluke and this isn't a widespread thing. I haven't seen anyone else with the issue.




Aug 28, 2019 at 12:01 PM
mxer1255kx
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.73 #7 · p.73 #7 · Pre-order: Sony FE 200-600 f5.6-6.3 G OSS ($1,998)


mxer1255kx wrote:
Part of me hopes that's the cause and the weather sealing is good. But then part of me wonders how such a large piece of something was in the lens to begin with. Hopefully I just got a fluke and this isn't a widespread thing. I haven't seen anyone else with the issue.



I just noticed there is an even larger piece of something stuck to the inside of lens body. I'm definitely returning this.



Aug 29, 2019 at 07:15 AM
Kristoph2008
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.73 #8 · p.73 #8 · Pre-order: Sony FE 200-600 f5.6-6.3 G OSS ($1,998)


Any idea of who may have it in stock? Ordered from BH 3 weeks ago and would really like to have it in next two weeks for a trip. Thanks!


Sep 18, 2019 at 06:05 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

dallvr
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.73 #9 · p.73 #9 · Pre-order: Sony FE 200-600 f5.6-6.3 G OSS ($1,998)


dallvr wrote:
This is a pet peeve of mine too, as I wait for the RRS replacement foot to arrive at B&H so they can fill my preorder.


Reply to my own reply. That RRS replacement foot won't come until late Octoberůso now I have a generic plate attached to the useless non-dovetail Sony foot.



Sep 18, 2019 at 07:27 PM
AGeoJO
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.73 #10 · p.73 #10 · Pre-order: Sony FE 200-600 f5.6-6.3 G OSS ($1,998)


dallvr wrote:
Reply to my own reply. That RRS replacement foot won't come until late Octoberůso now I have a generic plate attached to the useless non-dovetail Sony foot.


Shirley, I got an email from Kirk today that their replacement collar foot is in and ready for shipping. Just FYI...



Sep 18, 2019 at 07:34 PM
dallvr
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.73 #11 · p.73 #11 · Pre-order: Sony FE 200-600 f5.6-6.3 G OSS ($1,998)


AGeoJO wrote:
Shirley, I got an email from Kirk today that their replacement collar foot is in and ready for shipping. Just FYI...

Thanks, Joshua, I saw that Kirk's replacement foot was in stock, but thought I would stick with RRS as that is what I have on my 100-400. Just for consistency. I'm sure the Kirk is just as good, though.




Sep 18, 2019 at 07:41 PM
naturephoto1
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.73 #12 · p.73 #12 · Pre-order: Sony FE 200-600 f5.6-6.3 G OSS ($1,998)


AGeoJO wrote:
Shirley, I got an email from Kirk today that their replacement collar foot is in and ready for shipping. Just FYI...


Hi Joshua,

And as you have indicated, you wish to see what I just posted as well:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1608974/3#14985143

Kirk still does not have the foot as listed as in stock.

Rich



Sep 18, 2019 at 07:42 PM
rd4tile
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.73 #13 · p.73 #13 · Pre-order: Sony FE 200-600 f5.6-6.3 G OSS ($1,998)


Anybody know when the next batch of these are going to be available?


Sep 22, 2019 at 12:52 PM
naturephoto1
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.73 #14 · p.73 #14 · Pre-order: Sony FE 200-600 f5.6-6.3 G OSS ($1,998)


rd4tile wrote:
Anybody know when the next batch of these are going to be available?


Kirk Enterprises is now showing the LP-68 replacement foot as in stock.

https://www.kirkphoto.com/lens-mounting/sony/200-600mm-f-5-6-6-3-fe-g-oss/replacement-foot-for-sony-fe-200-600mm-f-5-6-6-3-g-oss-lens.html

Rich



Sep 22, 2019 at 04:49 PM
rd4tile
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.73 #15 · p.73 #15 · Pre-order: Sony FE 200-600 f5.6-6.3 G OSS ($1,998)


naturephoto1 wrote:
Kirk Enterprises is now showing the LP-68 replacement foot as in stock.

https://www.kirkphoto.com/lens-mounting/sony/200-600mm-f-5-6-6-3-fe-g-oss/replacement-foot-for-sony-fe-200-600mm-f-5-6-6-3-g-oss-lens.html

Rich


Sorry I was asking about the lens itself.

Rich




Sep 22, 2019 at 05:14 PM
1       2       3              72      
73
       end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              72      
73
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password