New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

3              30       31       end

Aviation, Automobiles and Art

jbear2000
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Aviation, Automobiles and Art

Iím just looking for a more stable outlet for posting images. Facebook and Instagram are monsters with the number of subscribers and the way they filter who gets notified of what using their somewhat bizarre algorithms.
On the other hand, your thread is so large and there is a definite ďinner circleĒ that some of the people Iíve met over the years at airshows have expressed an intimidation factor to feeling welcome or even being a part of your select group of friends.
No offense meant - it is what it is. This thread is for ďthe rest of usĒ who didnít feel comfortable trying to keep up with a thread as big as mustangs.
I doubt seriously anyone thinks this thread is ever going to be any competition to your thread - it isnít and doesnít need to be. If you stay over there, you wonít ever need to notice what may be going on over here. If you want to post here - you are as welcome as the next guy.
No worries either way.
Thanks for the compliment on the images.
Thanks for stopping by.

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Beautiful imagery Jon, as usual! I'm sure I speak for the thousands of wonderful folks in "the inner circle" at MA2A when I wish you all the best with your new thread.

Oct 19, 2018 at 01:22 AM
jbear2000
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Aviation, Automobiles and Art

Hey Don - those are beautiful images. Wow! I totally missed all the moon shots on Saturday I think. Iíve only just begun looking through the images I shot from Thursday through Saturday. Weather was perfect for a great show. Hope you post more - I canít wait to see what else you got!

Oct 19, 2018 at 01:32 AM
Littlefield
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Aviation, Automobiles and Art

Thanks, Jon. Yea, I only went Sat and it was a really pretty day. First time going to Wings Over Northern Georgia and had a blast.
Don

Oct 19, 2018 at 01:41 AM
jbear2000
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Aviation, Automobiles and Art

I think Scooter's Mustang has got to be my favorite to shoot, it really seems to like the camera. I didn't get to shoot many of the Dash L-39 as I went to the FBO around the time it flew. You've captured both quite well! Thanks for posting and let's see some more!

Oct 19, 2018 at 07:13 AM
jbear2000
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Aviation, Automobiles and Art

I'm always trying to push myself to the next level -usually with only OK results. I took all of 2018 off and didn't shoot any airshows from Saturday at WONG 2017, through Thursday at Dobbins for the arrival of the F22 in the rain. I could sure tell I hadn't swung the 500mm around in a while. (it stayed in its case for a year!) Talk about wobbly arms!
This shot was in a series where I kept stepping the shutter down from 1/40, 1/30, to 1/15th in hopes something might turn out well. Chris Buff and Tim Evatt were there with me and we were trying to figure out how slow it would take to get a full disc. It felt like i must have had the camera set to Bulb!

© jbear2000 2018

Cobra Ready To Strike

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    100mm    f/32.0    1/10s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Oct 19, 2018 at 07:23 AM
jbear2000
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Aviation, Automobiles and Art

When I was asked to shoot the arrival of MAJ Paul "Loco" Lopez in his F-22 Raptor, I didn't think to check the weather before I said I'd be there. Once committed, I'm going to follow through. It turned cold and wet and windy after Hurricane Michael blew through Georgia and since weather is something you just gotta deal with, I stood there shivering in the rain. Don't you just love this sport?

On the third image, I had asked the PAO about shooting the Raptor head on and he said it would be fine since we were over 40 feet away in the rain, but to refrain until they put the covers on once we are up close. We all shrugged our shoulders and clicked away from our review stand on the other side of the ramp at least 100 yards (an easy sand wedge or more) away.

© jbear2000 2018

Touchdown at Dobbins

Canon EOS 7D Mark II    420mm    f/4.0    1/1250s    800 ISO    +0.7 EV  

© jbear2000 2018

Rollout

Canon EOS 7D Mark II    420mm    f/4.0    1/1250s    800 ISO    +0.7 EV  

© jbear2000 2018

Coming at You!

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    400mm    f/5.6    1/800s    800 ISO    +0.7 EV  

Oct 19, 2018 at 07:33 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Aviation, Automobiles and Art

Upload and Sell is the new term for the old way you're thinking of. Yes you had to subscribe in order to upload photos back then, too. However, you can host images elsewhere and link them in here, Flickr, Smugmug, Zenfolio, Photobucket, your own web site, etc... It's not related to country of member.
Posting from Flickr can be frustrating so here's a how to
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1369568

WB Jon. How's DBear?

jbear2000 wrote:
Pat - Iím really not sure. I subscribed to ďUpload and SellĒ thinking that was what it took to upload images of gear I wanted to sell. Looks like there is a subscription to that too.

I donít blame Fred if over the years he has decided to monitize the forums, but I didnít remember it was that way before. Things may have changed in my absence.

If so, I am signed up for three months, Iíll let that subscription run itís course and let this thread die a natural death thereafter. No hard feelings with Fred, just pay to play isnít
...Show more

Oct 19, 2018 at 08:05 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Aviation, Automobiles and Art

jbear2000 wrote:
Pat - Iím really not sure. I subscribed to ďUpload and SellĒ thinking that was what it took to upload images of gear I wanted to sell. Looks like there is a subscription to that too.

I donít blame Fred if over the years he has decided to monitize the forums, but I didnít remember it was that way before. Things may have changed in my absence.

If so, I am signed up for three months, Iíll let that subscription run itís course and let this thread die a natural death thereafter. No hard feelings with Fred, just pay to play isnít
...Show more

Jon,
Your B&S Upload is on..You can upload images on any forum. Just go to "Reply" for a new post and go to bottom of page and see the upload dynamic.
Now get those MAA image uploaded.
Dan

Edited on Oct 19, 2018 at 02:09 PM · View previous versions

Oct 19, 2018 at 08:29 AM
jbear2000
• • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Aviation, Automobiles and Art

Hey Laura, Thanks for the info - its been so long since I've been here, i really didn't know how things worked anymore. I honestly don't remember ever having to subscribe to anything except "Buy and Sell"... but my memory isn't what it used to be!

So for those who don't wish to subscribe, then replying with a link is the best way to post photos. OK! We'll try that.

dBear is doing very well - she makes sure I'm working and not goofing off... i guess that's her job description. We just got back from Kansas as we attended my little sister's funeral. I was amazed at how many aviation museums have sprung up there since I moved away. We went to Texas last July to look around as a possible place to move, but the heat was blistering and the water was dry, so we came back to Georgia to settle in for a while... where its wet as snakeskin in the morning and cool as fresh cucumber all day!

Nice to hear from you! Stick around its good to see old friends from years past!

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Upload and Sell is the new term for the old way you're thinking of. Yes you had to subscribe in order to upload photos back then, too. However, you can host images elsewhere and link them in here, Flickr, Smugmug, Zenfolio, Photobucket, your own web site, etc... It's not related to country of member.
Posting from Flickr can be frustrating so here's a how to
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1369568

WB Jon. How's DBear?

A real west Texas guitar player!

Out in the west Texas land of dry water...

Oct 19, 2018 at 08:57 AM
jbear2000
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Aviation, Automobiles and Art

As linked from my Smugmug site - seems to work fine. (it's all slowly coming back to me now...)

Oct 19, 2018 at 09:23 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

jbear2000
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Aviation, Automobiles and Art

Playing around with this image in Photoshop and trying to bring out the rivets while suppressing the bug splatter is a trick only 409 can handle... but it's not my Lockheed 12 and my name isn't Julie.

© jbear2000 2018

By a Stretch of the Nose

Canon EOS 7D Mark II    8mm    f/5.0    1/500s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Oct 19, 2018 at 11:58 AM
jbear2000
• • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Aviation, Automobiles and Art

Just on a fun flight around the track with the Tora, Tora, Tora Team. We had a four ship formation out of the eight they brought with them.

© jbear2000 2018

Tora, Tora, Tora!

Canon EOS 7D Mark II    32mm    f/13.0    1/125s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Oct 19, 2018 at 01:10 PM
Aviationbuff
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Aviation, Automobiles and Art

Thanks for creating this group Jon. Here is my first submission: Dawn DC-3 by Chris Buff

Oct 19, 2018 at 03:37 PM
Aviationbuff
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Aviation, Automobiles and Art

The Raptor Waits. By Chris Buff:

Oct 19, 2018 at 03:38 PM
Aviationbuff
• • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Aviation, Automobiles and Art

Mustang Photo Pass. By Chris Buff:

Oct 19, 2018 at 03:40 PM
Aviationbuff
• • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Aviation, Automobiles and Art

Three Turning. By Chris Buff:

Oct 19, 2018 at 03:42 PM
Aviationbuff
• • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Aviation, Automobiles and Art

Red Tail Falcon. F-16 Fighting Falcon of the 187th Fighter Group, Alabama Air National Guard. The Red Tails. By Chris Buff:

Oct 19, 2018 at 03:44 PM
Aviationbuff
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Aviation, Automobiles and Art

Texas Raiders takes to the sky. By Chris Buff:

Oct 19, 2018 at 03:47 PM
Aviationbuff
• • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Aviation, Automobiles and Art

Red Nose Air to Air. By Chris Buff:

Oct 19, 2018 at 03:53 PM
Littlefield
• • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Aviation, Automobiles and Art

Here is one I took of the A-10 over Anderson SC this spring.
Don

Oct 19, 2018 at 04:46 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password