Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              49              51       end
  

Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review

  
 
philip_pj
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.50 #1 · p.50 #1 · Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review


..







Jun 12, 2023 at 11:18 PM
BastianK
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #2 · p.50 #2 · Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review


phinix wrote:
I just bought E version to compare with my VM.
It so cool that when I set f8 and focus to hard stop, I get great sharp photos.
My previous Voigtlanders did not do that, infinity sharpness was just a mm from hard stop.

Compared to VM version it still has, but a lot less CA. However, weight wise its same, either VM and adapter or E version on my A7C. I think I will keep E version this time. I love VM for being so small, like that focusing tab etc but for this specific focal length, E feels somehow better on
...Show more
Did you by chance take the same picture with both the VM and the E version of this lens (and maybe even posted that somewhere)?



Jun 14, 2023 at 07:23 AM
Steve Spencer
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.50 #3 · p.50 #3 · Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review


phinix wrote:
I just bought E version to compare with my VM.
It so cool that when I set f8 and focus to hard stop, I get great sharp photos.
My previous Voigtlanders did not do that, infinity sharpness was just a mm from hard stop.

Compared to VM version it still has, but a lot less CA. However, weight wise its same, either VM and adapter or E version on my A7C. I think I will keep E version this time. I love VM for being so small, like that focusing tab etc but for this specific focal length, E feels somehow better on
...Show more

These results are consistent with my memory of Fred's tests. The CVM (Leica M mount version) 21 f/3.5 isn't quite as good as the CVE (Sony E mount version) 21 f/3.5 on a Sony camera. The CVM 21 f/1.4, however, IRC does very close to as well as the CVE on Sony cameras, and the CVM 15 f/4.5 is almost indistinguishable with the CVE 15 f/4.5. This is all from memory, so go back and check Fred's results and I might add lots of people seem to have trouble getting a good CVM or CVE 15 f/4.5 so for that lens test it for centering if you get it and make sure you have a good one.



Jun 14, 2023 at 07:52 AM
phinix
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #4 · p.50 #4 · Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review


BastianK wrote:
Did you by chance take the same picture with both the VM and the E version of this lens (and maybe even posted that somewhere)?


No, but I can do that if you want? Can indoors be ok? lots of details etc?



Jun 14, 2023 at 09:39 AM
BastianK
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #5 · p.50 #5 · Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review


phinix wrote:
No, but I can do that if you want? Can indoors be ok? lots of details etc?

Would be perfect, anything goes as long as the camera is on a tripod and both lenses set to f/3.5, focus on the same thing..
Would also be great if you could turn of in camera vignetting/CA/distortion corrections before.
I was always suspecting the optics between M and E are the same, but I might be wrong about that.



Jun 14, 2023 at 04:11 PM
phinix
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #6 · p.50 #6 · Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review


BastianK wrote:
Would be perfect, anything goes as long as the camera is on a tripod and both lenses set to f/3.5, focus on the same thing..
Would also be great if you could turn of in camera vignetting/CA/distortion corrections before.
I was always suspecting the optics between M and E are the same, but I might be wrong about that.


I'll try to arrange something
But I don't have tripod, so will be hand held.



Jun 14, 2023 at 04:18 PM
philip_pj
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.50 #7 · p.50 #7 · Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review


The 21/3.5 has attracted criticism for curvature and of course, many people dislike slow lenses.

https://jacktaka.com/voigtlander-21mm-f35

It's not what I see in the images from my E vsn, however. Comments re 'f8 and shoot away' have given me some truly memorable photos that simply had to be taken in 2-3 seconds flat. The Sony bodies and this 230 gram lens are a true point and shoot combo at f8. Two thumbs up from this user for work within its intended envelope.





f9




Jun 14, 2023 at 05:01 PM
phinix
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #8 · p.50 #8 · Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review


How does this little lens work in low light situations? Like night environmental portraits or night street?
I have it but did not have a chance to try it out in those conditions.



Jun 30, 2023 at 04:18 AM
Peire
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.50 #9 · p.50 #9 · Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review


phinix wrote:
How does this little lens work in low light situations? Like night environmental portraits or night street?
I have it but did not have a chance to try it out in those conditions.


So why not take it and go out in the streets of Glasgow or Edinburgh or wherever in the Haggisland after dusk to try it out?



PS :Szkocja to piękny kraj.W czerwcu i lipcu pogoda jest tak zmienna,że nawet w środku dnia może najść tyle chmur aż robi się ciemno.Nie trzeba nocy.



Jun 30, 2023 at 04:42 AM
phinix
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #10 · p.50 #10 · Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review


Peire wrote:
So why not take it and go out in the streets of Glasgow or Edinburgh or wherever in the Haggisland after dusk to try it out?



PS :Szkocja to piękny kraj.W czerwcu i lipcu pogoda jest tak zmienna,że nawet w środku dnia może najść tyle chmur aż robi się ciemno.Nie trzeba nocy.


Glasgow
You're right, I should do it, just every time I go out on the streets I lose willingness seeing all that crap, rubbish, whole mess.
To see nice Scotland, you need to drive way beyond cities. Plus prey for clear skies/no rain.

I have both versions for my A7C - E mount and VM - time to decide which to keep, leaning towards VM version, so small and it's so fun to focus with this little tab. I hate chunkiness of all E mount Voigtlanders.

PS. W sumie masz racje, to piekny kraj, ale jak nie pada i daleko od miast. Polska jest jednym z najpiekniejszych krajow w Europie, jak dla mnie - pod wzgledem krajobrazowym oczywiscie Jak patrze na twoje fotki z Polski, szczegolnie te robione Voigtlanderami, to tak mi teskno do Polskich miast ze szok




Jul 01, 2023 at 06:31 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

kaldur
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #11 · p.50 #11 · Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review


I like mine and find it ergonomically great. It's easy to focus and takes up no space even with the hood. I appreciate exif too (for when viewing photos of years past as well as when postprocessing).

Hi friend

Wind cover

Starry and rather still

It makes a nice team with the Lox 50, same filter size and both handle well. I kinda wish the Lox would have distance encoding (for when later getting an indication of difference in focusing) as the Voigt does but that's not a deal-breaker.



Jul 02, 2023 at 07:53 AM
phinix
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #12 · p.50 #12 · Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review


Voigtlander 21mm f3.5 Color Skopar (E and VM version)








Jul 19, 2023 at 05:47 PM
HelenaN
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #13 · p.50 #13 · Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review


Rhodes island in Greece. Most are from Rhodes Old Town.
(Also posted in the Sony FE thread.)

Very happy with this lens. Small, light, sharp and nice rendering.

A7II and CV 21/3.5 E


















































Aug 14, 2023 at 08:35 AM
sergun
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #14 · p.50 #14 · Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review


floodplain-34 by Сергей Пашнин, on Flickr


Sep 17, 2023 at 02:09 PM
cxpics
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #15 · p.50 #15 · Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review


This is nearly a perfect little walk-around lens for the a7CR. I can't quite put my finger on why I prefer the output of this much more than the 16-35pz.












































Oct 28, 2023 at 01:46 PM
LezShoot
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #16 · p.50 #16 · Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review


How does the 21mm f3.5 compare to the Voigtlander 20mm f3.5? This would be paired to a Fuji X-T30 via adapter. Thanks


Nov 04, 2023 at 12:11 AM
gordec
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.50 #17 · p.50 #17 · Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review


Any used Leica SEM or 21mm Elmarit ASPH? I'm trying to decide between one of these or the CV 21 f3.5.


Jan 20, 2024 at 03:22 PM
canada_guy
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #18 · p.50 #18 · Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review


Can anyone tell me if there's a model number for the replacement lens hood? I picked one of these up used but unfortunately it was missing the hood.

I tried emailing both camera quest and voigtlander but unfortunately haven't got a reply from either.

Also, is the hood threaded for filters as well? It looks like it from pictures but it's a bit hard to tell.

Thanks in advance!



Jan 29, 2024 at 08:15 PM
1bwana1
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.50 #19 · p.50 #19 · Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review


canada_guy wrote:
Can anyone tell me if there's a model number for the replacement lens hood? I picked one of these up used but unfortunately it was missing the hood.

I tried emailing both camera quest and voigtlander but unfortunately haven't got a reply from either.

Also, is the hood threaded for filters as well? It looks like it from pictures but it's a bit hard to tell.

Thanks in advance!


Are you looking for the M or Sony E-Mount version? I will assume Sony since this is the Sony forum.

I find Camera Quest's website to be the very worst in the industry. Pretty much unusable. I find the Cosina website much better when looking for information. I find B&H much easier to order from. Same prices, better service, no sales tax or shipping.

Here is Cosina's website page for this lens.

https://www.cosina.co.jp/voigtlander/en/e-mount/color-skopar-21mm-f3-5-aspherical/

You will see that the hood is listed under accessories just as "standard" with no part number. I have the hood on my copy and it has no part number on it. So if you want the OEM hood I guess you list the lens and ask for the standard lens hood.

It is a 52mm standard threaded hood, so I am guessing that any of the third party hoods will work just fine as far as mounting. This is a wide angle lens so be careful that you don't order one to long so that it causes vignetting. This one should work fine, but you will need a new cap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384964602682?hash=item59a1adab3a:g:f~0AAOSwO0xis4Bn

Do a search, lots of third party options available.



For the E-Mount version



Jan 29, 2024 at 09:18 PM
canada_guy
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #20 · p.50 #20 · Voigtlander 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Review




1bwana1 wrote:
Are you looking for the M or Sony E-Mount version? I will assume Sony since this is the Sony forum.

I find Camera Quest's website to be the very worst in the industry. Pretty much unusable. I find the Cosina website much better when looking for information. I find B&H much easier to order from. Same prices, better service, no sales tax or shipping.

Here is Cosina's website page for this lens.

https://www.cosina.co.jp/voigtlander/en/e-mount/color-skopar-21mm-f3-5-aspherical/

You will see that the hood is listed under accessories just as "standard" with no part number. I have the hood on my copy and it has no part number
...Show more


Thanks, I appreciate the detailed reply.

After more time than I'd like to admit comparing on Google images I tracked down the hood for the 28mm color skopar. To my eye it looks the same, but I guess I'll see once it arrives. I'll post back if it's turns out to be comparable hood and doesn't cause any vignetting.

And I agree, BH is much easier to navigate for my search.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1669473-REG/voigtlander_bd301a_lh_28iis_lens_shade_for.html





Jan 30, 2024 at 12:12 AM
1       2       3              49              51       end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              49              51       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.