56       end

In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

Dave Sanders
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.55 #1 · p.55 #1 · In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

genji wrote:
---------------------------------------------

I use Leica and Sony cameras and the Leica Fotos app is vastly superior to Sonyís Imaging Edge: Fotos connects quickly and easily to the camera, maintains a more stable and reliable connection, and allows one to transfer DNGs as well as JPEGs. Imaging Edge is a pathetic joke by comparison.

This whole topic is kind of boggling...that Sony can't (or doesn't feel the need to) make Imaging Edge better blows my mind. It just feels like such an easy way to make a camera 'connected' and modernize it. Sigh.

EDIT: and that Leica does with the most classic throw back camera available is awesome. Just wish I could afford the new M11...looks brilliant. My last foray into Leica was 20 years ago when I bought a used M6 TTL that I foolishly sold as the world went digital. That decision has not aged well hahaha

Jan 15, 2022 at 05:29 PM
genji
• • • •
p.55 #2 · p.55 #2 · In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

johnvanr wrote:
On other topics here, Zeiss was never in a hurry on anything or desperately trying to seek market leadership. Iím sure one day they will come with lenses for the new mirror less mounts.

Jan 15, 2022 at 11:20 PM
rattymouse
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.55 #3 · p.55 #3 · In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

nhsonyshooter wrote:
Brilliant Yup, the Zx1 is a skunk works project. Boy, I hope someone at Zeiss reads that comment

Skunk work projects by definition do not see commercialization. The whole point of skunk works projects is to let your R & D team work free of the commercial business. It is simply laughable that someone thinks the ZX1 was produced for R & D results. What a joke.

Apr 09, 2022 at 05:18 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • •
p.55 #4 · p.55 #4 · In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

I'll put this out there and say the Pixii M mount rangefinder camera is selling better than the Zeiss ZX1. Then again, that bar is low.

(no evidence apart from seeing the wait times change whenever I think about ordering one etc. I am not concerned with details... ;P )

Apr 09, 2022 at 07:34 PM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.55 #5 · p.55 #5 · In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

Adorama has an open box ZX1 for $4,200. Somebody buy it and tell us all about the camera!

https://www.adorama.com/zizx1ob.html

Apr 10, 2022 at 09:59 AM
nehemiahphoto
• • • •
p.55 #6 · p.55 #6 · In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

sirimiri wrote:
Adorama has an open box ZX1 for $4,200. Somebody buy it and tell us all about the camera!

Iíll donate $20 for an FM kickstarted for Fred to write a review and run tests lolóbut I actually would.

Apr 10, 2022 at 01:41 PM
tsdevine
• • • •
p.55 #7 · p.55 #7 · In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

Sounds like someone already did that, except for telling us all about it..... Open box....

sirimiri wrote:

Edited on Apr 10, 2022 at 04:31 PM · View previous versions

Apr 10, 2022 at 01:48 PM
weezintrumpete
• • • •
p.55 #8 · p.55 #8 · In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

Gah, I would really like to try this camera actually. I know there are some weird things about it, overpriced, etc, but I love the design of it and am really curious to see how the lens / sensor rendors.

Apr 10, 2022 at 02:01 PM
rattymouse
• • • • •
p.55 #9 · p.55 #9 · In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

I love it how NO ONE is buying this camera. Not even a single person here!! !

Apr 10, 2022 at 02:55 PM
genji
• • • •
p.55 #10 · p.55 #10 · In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

rattymouse wrote:

Perhaps someone here has bought one but is too ashamed to admit itÖ

Apr 10, 2022 at 05:25 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Desmolicious
• • • • •
p.55 #11 · p.55 #11 · In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

genji wrote:
Perhaps someone here has bought one but is too ashamed to admit itÖ

I was drunk, I was confused. Leave me alone!

Apr 10, 2022 at 07:22 PM
liggy
• • •
p.55 #12 · p.55 #12 · In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

Desmolicious wrote:
I was drunk, I was confused. Leave me alone!

Apr 10, 2022 at 07:48 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.55 #13 · p.55 #13 · In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

sirimiri wrote:

B&H has a 9 for $3999.95, and 9+ for $4196.50. Assuming they don't reuse the B&H #'s on their used merchandise, they've had them for at least a year now.

Apr 10, 2022 at 09:50 PM
JVan_02
• • •
p.55 #14 · p.55 #14 · In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

Man, seeing this thread keep popping up just makes me sad. Probably the most disappointed I've ever been in a product honestlyóespecially since we already multiple cameras near enough to perfection in this category. Design is good, lens looks great from what few samples we've seen... but just a mess.

I suppose in 3-5 years we'll get the Q3.

Apr 11, 2022 at 07:46 AM
Chris_88
• • •
p.55 #15 · p.55 #15 · In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

rattymouse wrote:

What is equally interesting is the fact that even those who have heaped praise on pretty much every product with the blue badge on it including the ZX1, apparently haven't had the stomach to buy one .

Apr 11, 2022 at 08:27 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.55 #16 · p.55 #16 · In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

The issue for me is that Zeiss may cancel the project entirely and stop updating the camera. It looks like with all the software inside, this camera would need constant firmware updates.

Apr 11, 2022 at 09:30 AM
rattymouse
• • • • •
p.55 #17 · p.55 #17 · In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

Why doesnt someone buy this joke of a camera from B&H, shoot it for a bit, and then return it? If the camera is a piece of trash, which it most certainly is, then it's a legit return.

Apr 11, 2022 at 04:41 PM
genji
• • • •
p.55 #18 · p.55 #18 · In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

Fred Miranda wrote:
The issue for me is that Zeiss may cancel the project entirely and stop updating the camera. It looks like with all the software inside, this camera would need constant firmware updates.

Since the ZX1 provides a textbook illustration of the adage ďa fool and his money are soon partedĒ, itís difficult to feel sorry for anyone who was naive enough to waste $6000 on this piece of rubbish, particularly since the warning signs were obvious from the very beginning. Happily it does appear that the number of ZX1 buyers is relatively small and, when firmware updates are abandoned, perhaps they could receive as compensation one of the superb Zeiss mirrorless lenses that have been released in the past couple of years for Canon RF, Nikon Z, and Sony FE mounts.

Apr 11, 2022 at 05:03 PM
nehemiahphoto
• • • •
p.55 #19 · p.55 #19 · In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

Fred Miranda wrote:

I personally am most disappointed we donít get to see this lens in actual usage, especially as Zeiss has quit the camera consumer lens game. I love Zeiss glass, especially their 35mmís. And this is the rare sensor + fixed lens combo.

Still bummed we never got an RX1r3

Apr 11, 2022 at 05:15 PM
rvh23
• • •
p.55 #20 · p.55 #20 · In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

genji wrote:
...they could receive as compensation one of the superb Zeiss mirrorless lenses that have been released in the past couple of years for Canon RF, Nikon Z, and Sony FE mounts.

Maybe I've missed it but I haven't seen anything interesting from Zeiss (for Sony E) since the Loxia 25, which is quite a while ago now. They seem instead to be focusing on high $$$ cine and industrial lenses now and appear to have abandoned 'regular' shooters. My suspicion is that it's because they no longer have the IQ advantage they once had over the competition.

And yes, this camera is pure marketing nonsense that was DOA. They seem to have jumped the shark with this one.

Apr 11, 2022 at 05:37 PM
1       2       3              54      
       56       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              54      
       56       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password