FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2018 · #819 Kaleidoscope

Ayas
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #819 Kaleidoscope

A Vivian Maier tribute by street artist Eduardo Kobra

www.vivianmaier.com

Born in NYC, Vivian worked as a nanny in Chicago for the majority of her life. She took over 100,000 images whose negatives were discovered by collector John Maloof in 2007. In 2009 he posted some of her photos on Flickr, and she went viral. A documentary was made Finding Vivian Maier which was nominated for an Academy Award. She passed away April 21, 2009.

Kobra chose this self-portrait for the mural, which looks like she took with a Rolleiflex Automat K4A. She seemed to prefer reflections on mirrors or glass windows.

"Well, I suppose nothing is meant to last forever. We have to make room for other people. Its a wheel. You get on, you have to go to the end. And then somebody has the same opportunity to go to the end and so on. Vivian Maier

Leica Summicron-R II 35/2 (Nikon F converted)

Jun 17, 2018 at 05:15 PM
No Regrets
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #819 Kaleidoscope

Hi Ayas,

This is an outstanding image and well suited for the assignment as well! Love the backstory you included with it as well

Best Wishes,
Don

Jun 17, 2018 at 06:02 PM
Ayas
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #819 Kaleidoscope

Hi Don,

Thank you very much my friend

I'm happy to hear that. She was an amazing lady with a lot of talent and I wanted to share that.

Best regards

Jun 17, 2018 at 08:30 PM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.