Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2018 · Egypt trip, no camera's inside pyramids.

phuviano
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Egypt trip, no camera's inside pyramids.

So i booked a trip to Egypt. I need advice from those who have been there. I do plan to bring my camera, and about 4 lenses with me. I know you aren't allowed to take photos inside the pyramids. However, i don't plan to take any photos inside the pyramids. My question is, where do i leave my camera bag while exploring inside the pyramid? same goes for saqqara and memphis, as i plan to do giza, saqqara, and memphis all in one day.

My thoughts right now is maybe make two trips. One without my camera, and leave everything at the hotel. Then make a second trip, but i don't go inside, and take photos from the outside. I do want to try to do a day time long exposure, to possible get rid of people in the photos. So I'm thinking possibly do a second trip to those areas with my camera, lens, and tripod.

fyi, its a solo trip, so i can't have anyone hold my camera gear while i explore inside the pyramids. I've read you can leave your camera with the guard, but not sure if i want to leave a few thousand dollars of camera gear with a guard.

For those that have actually been to Egypt, what are my options? also i won't be doing a tour, it will be exploring at my own pace, and solo again.

Thanks, Phu.

Jan 11, 2018 at 01:59 PM
Derfman

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Egypt trip, no camera's inside pyramids.

Hi Phu,
I have travelled to Egypt and through a number of sites mentioned, the accessable portion inside of the great pyramids is actually quite drab, and very busy, long ques etc, also bear in mind they do not have all tombs or pyramids open on the same day, they rotate availability, so if you have researched or want to see a particular site you may need to return.

As for solo travel it may be worth hiring a local guide to assist diminishing the attention from urchins, hawkers and guards.

Bakeesh to bored guards, especially at quieter sites may allow you to bring you camera, but make sure your flash off.

And unless you tripod is tiny expect to leave it outside any of the popular sites

YMMV

Feb 05, 2018 at 06:01 AM
TMHforumaccount

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Egypt trip, no camera's inside pyramids.

I would not leave anything with guards. I've spent quite a bit of time in Egypt. Get a guide, if you must leave stuff with your guide, but mostly I'd just throw it in my backpack out of sight. You can probably pay to bring it in and even take photos. Nearly all rules in Egypt are flexible with money.

Feb 06, 2018 at 02:04 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.