Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2018 · Dallas area - early March?

EverLearning
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dallas area - early March?

I will be in Dallas early March on a business trip. I was contemplating taking a view days of vacation after the business work to do some wildlife and/or landscape photography. I do not wish to offend anybody that lives in this area with this question, but I was wondering if there is anything within a two hour drive or so that would be worth spending two or three days doing this type of photography.

Thanks

Jan 10, 2018 at 10:15 AM
bboyd1943
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dallas area - early March?

My favorite wildlife photography in Dallas is at Sunset Bay on White Rock Lake. About 100 American White Pelicans spend the winter at White Rock. They arrive in September and depart early April. Always lots of wildlife photographers standing on pier at Sunset Bay catching the pelicans in flight. They will fly within 10-feet of the pier.

Another possibility is Hagerman Wildlife Refuge near Sherman, Texas. It is about 1-hour north of Dallas.

Just fun photography is at Ft Worth Stockyards (1-hour west of Dallas). They drive about 40 long horn cattle down main street every day at 11:00am and again at 4:00pm.

I used to live in Dallas so let me know if you need more info. White Rock Lake is still my favorite photo spot.

Jan 10, 2018 at 05:39 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dallas area - early March?

To be frank, there's not a lot going on in North Texas landscape photography wise. You'd have to go west for about 3 hours if you want stark flatlands, east about 2 hours if you want the Piney Woods, or southwest about 3 hours if you want to start to get into the Texas Hill Country. The Hill Country is where it's at in Texas.

Jan 10, 2018 at 05:40 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.