Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Transfer camera settings from one X-T2 to another?

Greg Feldman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Transfer camera settings from one X-T2 to another?

I've just about got all my settings how I like them on my X-T2. I'd like to be able to copy/paste them into my other X-T2. Used to be able to do that with my Canons via the CF card. Possible to do it with Fuji?

Dec 07, 2017 at 10:49 PM
PhotoTeacher
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Transfer camera settings from one X-T2 to another?

Yes, with the new firmware ver. 3 update and using the FujifilmX Acquire software (available for download on the Fuji site) you can back up the camera settings to your computer and re-load them onto another XT2. Not onto an SD card but you can back them up.

Dec 07, 2017 at 11:51 PM
Greg Feldman
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Transfer camera settings from one X-T2 to another?

PhotoTeacher wrote:
Yes, with the new firmware ver. 3 update and using the FujifilmX Acquire software (available for download on the Fuji site) you can back up the camera settings to your computer and re-load them onto another XT2. Not onto an SD card but you can back them up.

Ah ok cool. Safe to assume that installing the new firmware will nuke my current settings?

Anything cool in the new firmware that would make me want to install it even more?

Dec 08, 2017 at 12:48 AM
AZ Photo
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Transfer camera settings from one X-T2 to another?

Installing firmware doesn't nuke settings

Here are the details of v3.00 - most interesting (to me) are improved AF and support for X Raw Studio.

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xt2/index.html

Dec 08, 2017 at 03:44 AM
Greg Feldman
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Transfer camera settings from one X-T2 to another?

AZ Photo wrote:
Installing firmware doesn't nuke settings

Here are the details of v3.00 - most interesting (to me) are improved AF and support for X Raw Studio.

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xt2/index.html

Very interesting. I noticed this update:

6. RGB histogram display and highlight warning
If you press the function button allocated to the histogram, RGB histogram and highlight warning (High brightness portion will blink.) are displayed.

Maybe my firmware is a few versions behind, but I'm not aware of any function button that you can allocate to the histogram in the first place, be it luminance or RGB.

Dec 08, 2017 at 02:38 PM
rdeloe
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Transfer camera settings from one X-T2 to another?

You just pick any of the buttons to which you can assign functions. I use the left-arrow key. This is an incredibly helpful new addition.

FYI, to do this easily, press and hold the DISP key for a few seconds and you'll get quick access to the setting

Greg Feldman wrote:
Very interesting. I noticed this update:

6. RGB histogram display and highlight warning
If you press the function button allocated to the histogram, RGB histogram and highlight warning (High brightness portion will blink.) are displayed.

Maybe my firmware is a few versions behind, but I'm not aware of any function button that you can allocate to the histogram in the first place, be it luminance or RGB.

Dec 08, 2017 at 04:07 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.